Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can disagree to disagree. In fact I would love it wasn't discussed at all. It is brought up in every child case and rarely applies. Especially white kids from the burbs. Again different demographics and victimology.
That is your opinion. I respect it. I am not laser focused on that aspect but it could be a possibility so I will hypothesize that angle. Not everything makes sense or ends the way it "normally" would. There was another HUGE case that has never ended the way it normally does in the media very recently. You never know

And, I think sadly, the last piece is Gannon himself :( Hope and pray they locate him and wrap this up, but even as we saw in the KB case, no body (hate typing that) doesn't mean arrest. DA May nailed him to the wall!
That what I think the last piece is too. And that just breaks my heart having to type that. I think they put that picture up to let TS know they are close, they will find him, they know what she did.

It snowed last night. It's currently snowing, and is supposed to snow more throughout the afternoon. It could possibly be a safety precaution with not wanting civilian volunteers to get stuck out in inclement weather.
I heard the same thing last night from my mother who lives in Denver. She said it was coming down fast. My first thought was Gannon being cold, alone and afraid. I would love to throttle (shake) some answers out of stepmom. This sweet 11 year old needs to found and brought home to his family. She has all the answers! Tell LE where he is.

RSBM

Entirely speculation:
If Gannon was injured in some way and unable to walk very quickly, it makes sense that TS would back the truck into the driveway to make it a shorter walking distance for him so that neighbors and passersby wouldn't see him. Too bad she didn't consider the one neighbor's surveillance cam.
It has been hard to look at Gannon’s sweet smile in pictures.

It has been hard to see the anguish on his parents’ faces.

But for me, the most gut wrenching of all, has been watching Gannon walk to that truck.

Last edited:
An earlier thread talked about why there was a need to use a truck vs. an SUV that day. The thought being there may be a need to go off-road. Maybe needing high clearance in truck like that for off - road - or maybe just the height of the truck so no one could pull beside and see inside the truck. If it went off -road - it would most likely be dirty, muddy, dusty. And so logic would say that it was probably washed before returning home. Videos at car washes ? Or close to car washes that day ?
Welcome to WS

ITA He's a broken man and I think he is feeling guilt as well. Not guilt that he did anything to Gannon, but guilt that he brought this woman into his son's life. It's got to be extremely tough on AS. I feel for all of them.

MOO
I can't even imagine the possible guilt he feels. He is probably thinking back at little clues that perhaps he might have missed, or that he dismissed as nothing. I hope he isn't feeling that way, though. This isn't on him. IMO

My God... Can we get an update please?? Why have there been no updates... This isn't some Hollywood series where u gotta wait till next season to find out what happened. This is a missing boy and some crazy stepmom who doesn't care about anyone but herself. Why can't they say anything about anyone or anything?

I had the exact same thought when I read @MichelleBlue’s post. Kaine Horman and AS’s body language exactly the same.

JMO
So very sad. Likely these men (and women in other cases) are blaming themselves for ever getting involved with these women, black widows, who could take something so precious away from them. I can't imagine the pain and regret. I hope they find help to be able to cope after such a horrible tragedy.

My God... Can we get an update please?? Why have there been no updates... This isn't some Hollywood series where u gotta wait till next season to find out what happened. This is a missing boy and some crazy stepmom who doesn't care about anyone but herself. Why can't they say anything about anyone or anything?
Because they hope to have a case to try in court and too many leaked details ruin the jury pool. It also brings forth crazies who fess up to crimes they didn't commit.

Waiting sucks for us, but have faith they are doing a great job and will have answers soon.

Patience @OzzieB, patience. It's definitely coming! The puzzle is almost finished!!

I am just stunned that no one in the neighborhood saw him. Something is clearly amiss with the SM, I think. When my son was 11 he was allowed to play at the neighbors if I could watch him walk over after speaking to a parent of said friend, and he would have to call me when coming home so I could watch for him.

You're misinterpreting. They're not saying it's only females, they're saying it happens in an different way, different types of people (demographics and victimology). Human trafficking isn't abduction generally, at least not here in the US. It's vulnerable members of society, who are befriended, trust obtained, then extorte/defrauded into enslavement/sex trade. That's a very simplistic explanation, but it's the basics. The goal is compliance.

I don't know about the former, but the latter is pretty likely zero is my guess.
I wasnt even proposing human trafficking in my original post. I was stating that she could have handed him to someone who could have him anywhere in the country. I was thinking more along the lines of just keeping him away from his parents to torture them or the accomplice killing him somewhere else and them needing to spread their search net out further then 2 hours away. Then sex trafficking came up and I understood what she was saying regarding demographics and victimology. I just think anything is possible. There are so many missing kids, teenagers, adults in this country that we could never say it isnt happening to them. So many. I follow all of these stories and people just vanish never to be seen again. Its horrific but its fact! Something we should never just push off the table especially when it comes to a child missing. Just saying to think outside the box ✌❤

I am just stunned that no one in the neighborhood saw him. Something is clearly amiss with the SM, I think. When my son was 11 he was allowed to play at the neighbors if I could watch him walk over after speaking to a parent of said friend, and he would have to call me when coming home so I could watch for him.
People might have seen him if he had done what SM initially said he did. But she took him somewhere and did not bring him home (per security footage)

Honestly I don’t think she hid his body well. He’s a small, young boy. I keep thinking back to Lizzie and how they searched for her and missed her. In no way do I blame them for missing her, it’s just.... looking for a needle in haystack situation. My heart breaks for this family. Every day I keep expecting the title to change and I’m sad it hasn’t. I’m not expecting a positive outcome (still hoping) but I honestly just want closure for the family.

It is making me quite upset as well. It gets harder and harder to swallow the ever-growing lump in my throat thinking about this poor boy. He reminds me so much of my youngest that it is gutting me. I feel like I need to step away for a bit but I’m afraid I’ll miss the big break in the case. LO, please find him soon. I have every confidence that they are doing what they need to but each day gets harder to feel hopeful.
ETA: I feel so much pain for his family. Especially Mom. I would be going back and forth between catatonic and undone.

I really have no insight to add. Like everyone else, I'm just waiting for that puzzle piece.

I'm also reminded of some lines from a Talking Heads song:

I'm sitting on
Pins and needles
Things fall apart
It's scientific

Because to me, crime science is so very advanced now and I think the technology (GPS tracking, Fitbit, phone pings, etc) has already made the original narrative fall apart.

MOO

That is your opinion. I respect it. I am not laser focused on that aspect but it could be a possibility so I will hypothesize that angle. Not everything makes sense or ends the way it "normally" would. There was another HUGE case that has never ended the way it normally does in the media very recently. You never know
what case is that?

oops, double post due to wonky website

Last edited:
And I m
It is making me quite upset as well. It gets harder and harder to swallow the ever-growing lump in my throat thinking about this poor boy. He reminds me so much of my youngest that it is gutting me. I feel like I need to step away for a bit but I’m afraid I’ll miss the big break in the case. LO, please find him soon. I have every confidence that they are doing what they need to but each day gets harder to feel hopeful.
I feel you. I am feeling the same way. Hugs to you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong