Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ongoing delay built into the CT System of justice IMO needs a good rethink IMO.

MT new atty this week filed 4 motions per FOX61:

Four motions were filed by Schoenhorn Wednesday morning and three were provided to FOX61. [DO WE KNOW WHAT MOTION 4 WAS? FOX61?]

1. Schoenhorn wants Andrew Bowman who hand over all of his files directly to him
  2. The case should be transferred from Stamford to Hartford
  3. Troconis should be released from house arrest
Schoenhorn said her GPS bracelet has left a visible sore on her ankle and house arrest has prevented her from seeing her 15-year old daughter who attends school out-of-state.

When asked if he will be attempting to reduce her bond, Schoenhorn said that will depend on Troconis’ financial need.

He argued her being on house arrest prevented her from seeking proper employment and in turn, receiving reasonable income.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Judge today ruled on 1 (told the toddlers to work it out..), 2 was punted to 2/20 (why?) and 3 was dealt with my expanded conditions for release outside the 1,000SF condo and termination of drug testing requirement.

Work is usually part of the permissions in house arrest.
After all the biggest reason house arrest is part of the court system, is to avoid the expense of housing the accused until trial.

The ongoing delay built into the CT System of justice IMO needs a good rethink IMO.

MT new atty this week filed 4 motions per FOX61:

Four motions were filed by Schoenhorn Wednesday morning and three were provided to FOX61. [DO WE KNOW WHAT MOTION 4 WAS? FOX61?]

1. Schoenhorn wants Andrew Bowman who hand over all of his files directly to him
  2. The case should be transferred from Stamford to Hartford
  3. Troconis should be released from house arrest
Schoenhorn said her GPS bracelet has left a visible sore on her ankle and house arrest has prevented her from seeing her 15-year old daughter who attends school out-of-state.

When asked if he will be attempting to reduce her bond, Schoenhorn said that will depend on Troconis’ financial need.

He argued her being on house arrest prevented her from seeking proper employment and in turn, receiving reasonable income.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Judge today ruled on 1 (told the toddlers to work it out..), 2 was punted to 2/20 (why?) and 3 was dealt with my expanded conditions for release outside the 1,000SF condo and termination of drug testing requirement.

After all the biggest reason house arrest is part of the court system, is to avoid the expense of housing the accused until trial.

84423581_489975131588642_5547990271934857216_n.jpg
This is just pitiful. It's manipulative. It's really an insult to the judge/court - can everyone be that stupid to suddenly believe she can't understand english, right at the time she gets a new lawyer, when she never requested a translator before? LOL! C'mon CT. The Judge should've kicked her out. Like My Cousin Vinny - Get out of my court with your nonsense. My opinion only.

Would the defense then try to eliminate potential jurors who also were fluent in Spanish?

In my experience as a juror in the past, with a 3-day witness who required a Spanish interpreter, "Probably not". We were in fact instructed by the judge once the witness appeared, that even if we understood Spanish and thought the interpreter had translated incorrectly, we were to abide by the English translation, and not by our understanding of the witness's Spanish response. (Yes, we rolled our eyes at this directive at the time, and wondered what type of governing body decided that any foreign language translator was legal-perfect.)

Oh this could get interesting if Kent jibber jabbers to his cellmate during lonely times.
Plus his cellmate would have some leverage
on his own case, if Kent talks a bit.

Or vice-versa. Don't know who the informant is, if either. Is this Morales guy big? What was/is his profession?

Generally informants are as good as dead unless they are LE, attorneys could be safer, depending, and/or HUGE. Nobody likes the snitch, and everybody without a chance of release is looking for a way to gain status. Punishing or killing the snitch works very well.

This is just pitiful. It's manipulative. It's really an insult to the judge/court - can everyone be that stupid to suddenly believe she can't understand english, right at the time she gets a new lawyer, when she never requested a translator before? LOL! C'mon CT. The Judge should've kicked her out. Like My Cousin Vinny - Get out of my court with your nonsense. My opinion only.
Did you watch the hearing? Her lawyer was very clear that she can understand English. She has a hard time following every word of a court proceeding in English, which isn't remotely surprising to me.

I have my theories on why a translator is suddenly being used, but I don't think it will accomplish what JS is going for. I doubt MT's previous statements will be thrown out. I doubt this will change anything except remove one reason for JS to appeal later. MOO.

In my experience as a juror in the past, with a 3-day witness who required a Spanish interpreter, "Probably not". We were in fact instructed by the judge once the witness appeared, that even if we understood Spanish and thought the interpreter had translated incorrectly, we were to abide by the English translation, and not by our understanding of the witness's Spanish response. (Yes, we rolled our eyes at this directive at the time, and wondered what type of governing body decided that any foreign language translator was legal-perfect.)
Wait, am I understanding this correctly? You were directed to ignore the first-hand account of the witness if you were able to understand it?

@MarissaAlter

Interesting note regarding Michelle Troconis using an interpreter today for the first time. About halfway through the hearing, she appears to have one of the headphones out/not on her ear, suggesting she’s listening to her attorney speak English with that ear.

EQM1tgHX0AA2bQP
I noticed this. I think she's listening to both.

Is anyone conversational or fluent in a second language? Has anyone here ever used the services of a live translator?

Although the only time MT looked really upset was when she was told she had to come right home after the business meeting without any other stops. No mani-pedi's?

Just watched the hearing video...a couple of other things...
  • Not that it matters...maybe...but didn't MT arrive in CT in 2017? She's been here 3 years now??? Was she working for FORE group before she moved into 4JX?
  • Why did MT want to add MA to her travel area?

@MarissaAlter

Interesting note regarding Michelle Troconis using an interpreter today for the first time. About halfway through the hearing, she appears to have one of the headphones out/not on her ear, suggesting she’s listening to her attorney speak English with that ear.

EQM1tgHX0AA2bQP
Yep. Also noticed when the judge spoke she responded to him right away...too soon for it to have been translated to her.

Although the only time MT looked really upset was when she was told she had to come right home after the business meeting without any other stops. No mani-pedi's?

Just watched the hearing video...a couple of other things...
  • Not that it matters...maybe...but didn't MT arrive in CT in 2017? She's been here 3 years now??? Was she working for FORE group before she moved into 4JX?
  • Why did MT want to add MA to her travel area?
to sell her wares at craft fairs, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck