OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
OB
That is why I keep thinking that the Wagners rental in Alaska was thru BCI, because it was really cheap, Angela made a commitment about it on her FB before it disappeared, also BCI could have had the whole mobile home wired with surveillance equipment, that’s how they played the Wagners thru news reports to come back to Ohio, JMO
I really believe that BCI got to Alaska before the Wagners and rented the house out from the owner, than they re-rented to the Wagners without any of the Wagners having a clue what the BCI had did, the BCI probably listen for months at all the conversations the Wagners where having and I bet they was very paranoid of what was going to be their next step to stay out of jail, JMO

I disagree about BCI renting the house. But I do believe they were following, watching and listening to the Wags all the way to AK and back. JMO

"They did this quickly, coldly, calmly and very carefully — but not carefully enough," Pike County Sheriff Charles S. Reader told reporters. "They left traces, they left a trail — the parts to build a silencer, the forged documents, the cameras, cell phones, all that they tampered with. And the lies, all the lies they told us."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna935776

Do you think the BCI got DNA off the cameras and cellphone that the killers tampered with, or maybe a fingerprint of one of the brothers, JMO

July 14, 2017
Wagners' Ohio lawyer Clark rants to the media:

(I guess LE didn't want to hear Billy's lies any more since they wouldn't get back to him.
Hummm......Mexican drug Cartel defense at trial? Drug gangs?)

"..Asked why police were showing an interest in the Wagners, he (Clark) rants: 'Authorities have not come out and directly accused them of crime, but continue to harass, annoy, and violate my clients' rights by making misleading innuendos and make the public "think" that the Wagners are "persons of interest".

'But yet (they) state they are not persons of interest. Really? Then why all the publicity and putting their pictures on TV as if they are fugitives?' It is ridiculous and is harassment. The authorities allege that they want to solve it but continue to trace and retrace their steps with no results.

'The Wagners are good God-fearing people who want justice more than anyone.
'But they are tired of being harassed by the authorities and publicity seeking politicians. They are scapegoats.

'The Wagners' lives are being jeopardized while the real murderers are still out there, lurking and waiting. 'This is the result of authorities who are no closer to resolving this crime than they were a year ago.'

He said he believed the real answers to the murders lay with drug lords who police had failed to locate. 'I find it Interesting that the public said over a year ago, that the "Mexican cartel" was responsible for the execution-style murders of the Rhoden family. 'Maybe the public was correct a year ago, and the clueless authorities bungled, fumbled and missed out on solving these atrocious murders.'

He said the Wagners had supplied police with invaluable information to help the investigation.

'Why have the authorities not follow up on the leads that the Wagners wanted to give? Is it because the authorities carelessly waited 4-5 months to get back to Billy Wagner?

'Only now doing so, unexpectedly in a public place, and hence, putting the Wagners lives in danger? Malfeasance and incompetence at its finest.'..... "

Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online
They likely only told Clark their version of what they wanted him to hear. At that point there was no indictment. JMO

They likely only told Clark their version of what they wanted him to hear. At that point there was no indictment. JMO
Yes. And they are telling their lawyers what they want them to hear.

Canepa is getting an earful of it from Angie's phone calls to Rita. Angie told Rita some theories her attorneys had in regards to who committed the muders.

June or July 2019:
Angela says "let me tell you what my attorney said, I'm probably not suppose to say this on here but here's what he said to me." Angela goes on to tell Rita the "theories her attorney has for the case that she can use in her trial. "

It's at the end of Rita's Revocation Hearing Part One.
One hour and 16 minutes in...

I assumed the W4 were always planning to move to Alaska.

There are 2 other properties listed in discovery in 2 different states.

Were they really planning on moving to Alaska or was that a decoy?

They would have known that they would have had to give paperwork to get SW thru Canadian customs. Risky!

Were the 2 other locations their main plans that fell apart?

It seems that AW posted in many SM groups prior to leaving Ohio.

Was she just claiming to look for housing, jobs etc in Alaska when they were really set on living in one of the 2 states that AW never mentioned .

They are underhanded and conniving and I believe the W4 would try to mislead the police.

Does anyone have any information on the 2 other properties or thoughts about this?

These are some interesting thoughts that I had not considered. The Missouri address appears to had been listed from 2014 - 2018 if realtor etc. are accurate.

It could be possible that they applied for the Missouri property right before or after the murders and were not approved for the loan. Then when the heat was really starting to come on they chose Alaska to find a rental because they knew they had to leave fast.
The other option could be something got hot in Alaska so they applied for the Missouri property and when it fell through came back to OH.

Interesting Questions with many possibilities based on what little we know.

to add.. since I may not be able to prove it.. I will say JMO... it seems she posted her couch for sale online right after the murders stating "it wouldn't fit in her new place".

Last edited:
A new idea. Is it even remotely possible The Red Truck was in CRSR's legal possession the night of the murders and used by the Wagners in some manner? Just thinking.

I vaguely remember something LM (I think) said regarding on 4/22 that LE was quaranteeing the properties and wouldn’t let JM take his truck or tools for work. Could this have been the same truck?

Your point of James In Adams county is interesting. You are correct, it looks like James (I'm assuming who lives in the house) does physically live in Adams and Leonard (who lives in the manufactured home) lives in Pike. The yellow line appears to be the county line.

So is it optional which county that shared physical address registers vehicles in? If James is in fact the one who purchased it (per LM)For $200 and registered it in Pike (per the article)?

Yes we are grasping at straws. Even though I feel a bit more confused now than a few days ago, I still think the truck and whatever is in the sealed warrant it is important. Just may not know what or why until the trials. Thanks for bearing with my babbling brainstorm the last several days.

FYI, a physical address and mailing address may not be the same, especially living near the county lines. The U.S. Mail is Federal and does not necessarily adhere to county lines. Many of my consumers have a mailing address (not P.O. Box) in one county but physically pays taxes in another county. Peebles, Lucasville & Beaver are fine examples of this. James may also use Leonard’s mailing address perhaps cause he has moved a lot or feels safer knowing his mail is picked up when he & April are at work.

Attorney Clark told the public in a newspaper article that the Wagners are God Fearing People, what a line of bull crap, this attorney needs to be disbarred for the commitments he made about how honest the Wagners family is, FW must have a lot of money to get all the big shots to stand with her, also to get BW out of the trouble in the past, he should have got time in prison for the crimes he did and the preacher in Alaska, I bet his congregation sure looks different at him now, JMO

YOUR QUOTE:
"the preacher in Alaska, I bet his congregation sure looks different at him now"

Here is everything I can find (various MSM articles) on the Wagner's Pastor's quotes to the MSM:

The pastor at the Wagner family church Caleb Cinereski said: 'They are innocent and the police should charge them or leave them alone.

'They are not charged, not accused and not persons of interest and I don't understand why the police have done this to them.

'I have been to their home and prayed with them. This is an extremely upset family.

'But they are welcome members of the church and we haven't mentioned their situation during services.'

The Wagner family started coming to Alaska to vacation about 10 years ago, they said. They were and remain friends with the Rev. Kelly Cinereski who runs Resurrection Bay Baptist Church in Seward.

Kelly Cinereski is a pastor at Resurrection Bay Baptist Church in Seward; he told the Dayton Daily News that the Wagner family attended his son’s church in Kenai on Sunday. He continued that the family brought trailers and are moving to the area.

Cinereski, who used to lead a church in Minford, Ohio, says the Wagner family had come to visit over the years and their children played together and said the family had intended to move to Alaska for many years.

Kelly Cinereski, pastor at Resurrection Bay Baptist Church in Seward, Alaska, told the Daily News the Wagner family attended his son’s church Sunday a couple hours west in Kenai. The pastor has not seen them personally during their latest trip to the state, but said the family brought trailers.

Cinereski said he believes the Wagners are moving to the area — located a winding three-hour trip southwest of Anchorage — something they have been planning to do much of the decade-plus he has known them since he headed a church in Minford, Ohio. Over the past 11 years, the Wagner

s have come up three times to visit and fish. Cinereski told the Daily News the Wagners fished during their previous trips to Alaska.

“When our boys were little, our boys were friends,” said Cinereski, who officiated George Jr.’s wedding. “They’re just good country people.”

Cinereski said none of the Wagners talked to him about the murders or investigation, but he understands it was hard on Jake Wagner.

“I think their son went through a lot of hurt over the whole deal,” he said. “I think they’re trying to move on.”

*********************************************************************************

The family — according to Kelly Cinereski, a pastor friend in Seward, a two-hour drive from Kenai — has long sought to live in Alaska and made three trips there in the past decade.

This trip, the visit could be permanent.

“I am looking for a 3 bedroom that is pet friendly or a owner finance house,” Angela Wagner’s Facebook account posted June 3 on a group called “Kenai & Soldotna Home & Apartment Rental Search.”

********************************************************************************

Cinereski said the family attended Sunday service at his son’s church in Kenai. After speaking Monday with the Daily News, his church’s Facebook account posted a message:

Good evening church, this is pastor Kelly,” the post reads. “I just wanted you all to know that I am aware of the current situation involving the Wagner family. The lead investigator in southern Ohio does not have any evidence that the Wagners are guilty in this case.”

Without identifying the investigator, the post said he “has my phone number and I have his.”

“I talked with the Wagner family today and they have assured me that this is just an accusation. So we will just leave it at that,” the post said. “Please Pray God’s will be done.”

Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online

Pike County murders: Alaska pastor says Ohio family of interest attended church Sunday

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--la...ttended-church-sunday/06QvCpPXYWyecVs4UY9anM/

Lawyer: AG harassing Ohio family in Rhoden case

Family investigated in 8 killings say they're being harassed

Last edited:
These are some interesting thoughts that I had not considered. The Missouri address appears to had been listed from 2014 - 2018 if realtor etc. are accurate.

It could be possible that they applied for the Missouri property right before or after the murders and were not approved for the loan. Then when the heat was really starting to come on they chose Alaska to find a rental because they knew they had to leave fast.
The other option could be something got hot in Alaska so they applied for the Missouri property and when it fell through came back to OH.

Interesting Questions with many possibilities based on what little we know.

to add.. since I may not be able to prove it.. I will say JMO... it seems she posted her couch for sale online right after the murders stating "it wouldn't fit in her new place".

See Anything&Everything 4-sale Chillicothe on Facebook (Couch July 2016)
I will see if I can remember where the love seat one was posted as it references new place (Aug 2016)

Last edited:
LWOP, Life Without Parole, is just that. EXCEPT..........EXCEPT.....EXCEPT...
Pardon, some court action, lenient judge somewhere, yada-yada.
The only way that society can be certain that these most evil doers can be safely handled is
to execute them. There is no chance for recidivism.

But you also take that risk with the DP if it is overturned by a technicality like stubbing you’re toe, etc. lol

But you also take that risk with the DP if it is overturned by a technicality like stubbing you’re toe, etc. lol
So? Then it goes to LWOP which every State with the DP has.

Spending life in prison - no parole - is good. Just. Maximum security for 8 murders. Let them think about it until they are old and die of natural causes. Watch life pass them by.

Death, easy way out....Gives them too short of a sentence...

19 years? Or 60 years to think about what they did?

30 - 40 years for the parents...Better than 19 which is the average DP life span.

Give them those extra maximum security years to contemplate. No easy out.

If guilty, may they live long lives with their mental facilties in tact. Stare at the brick walls.

Last edited:
My opinion, suspicions, theory.

Definitely Billy, but maybe George IV too.
I have an idea there could have been conversation about the scorpion tattoo with the person who did the tattoo. Could be interesting.

Wondering who may have done the tattooing.

No fact to back this, just what connecting local dots caused me to suspect since the moment I saw the Scorpion tatt.
No accusation as being a tattoo artist is a legitimate business.

I believe there was an individual arrested along with 23 others, in one of the big drug busts (the one where the guy inside prison (Smith) was running drug operation from prison) in the general Southern Ohio area in early July of 2017. Along with some other recognizable names, there was a tattoo artist.

Provided they have approved licensure from ODH. There are many who buy supplies on the internet and do it on their own but get caught. Lawriter - ORC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu