Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that she's just had an adventure in the wooded area behind her house and that she'll be found soon just cold, tired and hungry. Worst case of course is a predator might have taken her. Hoping for the best and that she is found quickly in any case.

Oh no! I'm glad her boots are a print that could catch someone's eye. Hopefully she was dressed warmly.

CAYCE, S.C. — Cayce Department of Public Safety officers are searching for a missing six-year-old girl.

Officers say Faye Marie Swetlik was last seen just before 5 p.m. Monday in the Church Hill Heights subdivision. That on Picadilly Square in Cayce just off Highway 302.

Officers say she has strawberry blond hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing polka dot boots and a black top.

6-year-old SC girl missing in Cayce

So I think they have removed the Piccadilly Square from the article or my eyes are tired.

Those townhomes don’t have much of a front yard but it says she was playing in front yard.
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

Apartment and town home neighborhoods can have a lot of people living close as well as people coming and going. It would be difficult to snatch a child in a well populated area and not be noticed by someone.
My guess is that she is nearby and that she will be found soon.

Officials continue search for missing 6-year-old girl
[...]

Family members started searching for Swetlik around 3:45 p.m. Authorities were alerted around 5 p.m.

[...]

Lexington County officials held a press conference to discuss Swetlik’s disappearance. They say there are 90 safety personnel on the scene and 20 plus community members are continuing to search.

Lexington County PIO Adam Myrick said the scene will remain active and daylight could change things considerably.

“We will be here until we find Faye. Our work will continue until we determine what happened here,” Myrick said.

[...]

FBI And SLED Help Police Search For 6-Year-Old Girl Missing From Cayce, SC Neighborhood
[...]

FBI and South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) officials are assisting Cayce officials in the investigation. SLED officials have sent regional investigative agents, a tracking team, and an aviation unit to search for the missing girl, according to sources.

[...]

She was reportedly playing in her yard in Cayce when she was last seen.

According to WLTX, all family members have been contacted and none of them have seen the child.

[...]

Family members started searching for Swetlik around 3:45 p.m. Authorities were alerted around 5 p.m.

Officials continue search for missing 6-year-old girl
[...]

[...]

Lexington County officials held a press conference to discuss Swetlik’s disappearance. They say there are 90 safety personnel on the scene and 20 plus community members are continuing to search.

Lexington County PIO Adam Myrick said the scene will remain active and daylight could change things considerably.

“We will be here until we find Faye. Our work will continue until we determine what happened here,” Myrick said.

[...]

FBI And SLED Help Police Search For 6-Year-Old Girl Missing From Cayce, SC Neighborhood
[...]

FBI and South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) officials are assisting Cayce officials in the investigation. SLED officials have sent regional investigative agents, a tracking team, and an aviation unit to search for the missing girl, according to sources.

[...]

She was reportedly playing in her yard in Cayce when she was last seen.

According to WLTX, all family members have been contacted and none of them have seen the child.

[...]
That’s a long time. I’m having glimpses of the beginning of CM’s story. :(

Missing 6-year old; SLED and Police are searching
Law enforcement will continue their search through the night and into the morning for missing 6-year-old Faye Marie Swetlik, according to the Cayce Department of Public Safety, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the Lexington County Sheriff's Department, among other agencies.

[...]

Law enforcement said Swetlik got off the school bus around 3:45 p.m. but didn't show up to her home. After an hour and 15 minutes, the family reported Swetlik missing, according to law enforcement.

[...]

Law enforcement will continue their search through the night and into the morning for missing 6-year-old Faye Marie Swetlik, according to the Cayce Department of Public Safety, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the Lexington County Sheriff's Department, among other agencies.

[...]

Law enforcement said Swetlik got off the school bus around 3:45 p.m. but didn't show up to her home. After an hour and 15 minutes, the family reported Swetlik missing, according to law enforcement.

[...]
Why so many different stories? She was playing in the front yard in the first story before going missing. This new story is more worrisome. I was hoping for a parental kidnapping.

I wonder if one could find social media posts of her missing before 5?

Why so many different stories? She was playing in the front yard in the first story before going missing. This new story is more worrisome. I was hoping for a parental kidnapping.

I wonder if one could find social media posts of her missing before 5?
The first post I saw was on my ring camera app, that was a little after 6pm.

Horrible! I’m live from SC this morning with all the details you need to know to help find this little girl!

Billie Jean Shaw on Twitter

UPDATE: Faye Marie Swetlik is still missing. A hotline dedicated to tips surrounding her disappearance will launch at 7am. The # is 803•205•4444. Investigators are also asking folks w/ home security footage of the area Swetlik was last seen in to come forward. @wcnc

Billie Jean Shaw on Twitter

[...]

[...]

BBM. So that's a different story than she was playing in the yard. Now they are thinking she never made it home? Yikes. This is getting even more concerning. I can't imagine the walk from bus to home would have been all that long and like others have said, would probably have a lot of people around.

I am now wondering if someone she knew (a friend's parent or something like that) somehow got her to get into their car as she was walking home and then it turned nefarious MOO.

Regarding parents waiting for the bus--where I live, I never see parents waiting at bus stops. I have a lot of kids in my neighborhood who seem to be ages 5/6 and up who take the bus. The bus typically stops at the end of a road, so at most, kids are maybe walking 1-2 short blocks home. I always see kids around this age walking home alone (maybe with other young kids, but not adults).

I wonder what her family situation is, if her parents are still together, if there is a step father living with her mother. I also wonder if there was a parent or at least an older sibling at home to greet her? I'm not saying its unusual but it seems a little bit weird that they waited an hour and fifteen minutes to report her missing. If my child went missing for five minutes I'd be on the phone right away to police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member