Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they issued the AA with no vehicle description - same day, Oct 15 - just later and with FBI assistance IIRC. MOO
No vehicle and no suspect. They can and have made exceptions to AMBER. The fact that they’ve NOT made that exception for Faye is telling, imo. 24+ hours of SLED helicopter searching. It’s very grim. Jmo

I agree. They’ve searched the porch area, they’ve towed some cars, they don’t believe it’s an abduction, and IMO they aren’t treating it like a child who wandered off. MOO
Yep -- good summing-up. SMH.
I think most of us had that nagging thought at the beginning... And we still hope that she will somehow show up with just a scrape or two from being lost in the woods...

And now this:
Welcome to Websleuths,
auggieandchip !!

Social media is a dangerous place for young children. Period. Predators lurk looking for exactly this kind of situation. My personal Facebook you cannot send me messages or see any information, not a single photo or a who I am friends with. This child's account is wide open. Parents need to be more aware of social media and internet dangers with their kids. MOO

It is appalling.

No vehicle and no suspect. They can and have made exceptions to AMBER. The fact that they’ve NOT made that exception for Faye is telling, imo. 24+ hours of SLED helicopter searching. It’s very grim. Jmo

I agree. We don’t know what tips LE got from someone that might have noticed something. Someone the perp didn’t see, is my guess. The time Faye disappeared is so brief as well as a busy time of day, someone saw something. Moo

Don't feel too bad. I live in SC and 9 out of 10 friends consistently think that I live in NC (no matter how many times I correct them). For some reason when people hear Carolina, they automatically think of the northern one.

ETA: You would think with the popularity of LivePD and the fact that two departments featured are located in SC that they'd remember us. Especially when so much crazy stuff goes down with those two departments in particular. Also, now that I think about it... a portion of Cayce is in Richland County!

LivePD airs on Friday night and with the popularity of the show and their missing persons segment I wouldn’t be surprised if they feature Faye.

I agree. We don’t know what tips LE got from someone that might have noticed something. Someone the perp didn’t see, is my guess. The time Faye disappeared is so brief as well as a busy time of day, someone saw something. Moo

From street view the density is high in that complex. But like someone said earlier - child abductions don't always seem suspicious - a child willingly leaving with either a stranger or a family member might not attract attention. So worrisome. :(

I don't think the timeline is that tight. Especialy if one car left before LE was called and returned much later. Of course I don't know that any such thing happened. Just MOO.
Yeah, that’s the only way this makes sense to me. It’s still a huge risk, as people or cameras could see that car leaving during the crucial time period before the 911 call.

If this is as close to home as it appears though, that’s likely how it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88