GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

Thanks for linking an article. I didn't have time yesterday.

For years Cathy has been saying that's where Alexis was buried. I now wonder why they didn't find her the day he was arrested; they searched his property. How was she missed?

From the article you linked to -
Bowman, who has been charged with the murder of a 25-year-old woman from Norfolk that took place in 1980, is also suspected of killing his adopted daughter in 1989. Police believe they discovered the adopted daughter’s body buried in Bowman’s yard in a shallow grave earlier this week.

Bowman was taken to the West Michigan Regional Aiport Friday, Feb. 7, for extradition back to Virginia on those 1980 charges. He was turned over to the Norfolk Police Department and the Virginia State Police Special Investigations Unit without incident.

Allegan County Undersheriff Mike Larsen announced Wednesday, Feb. 5, that police learned of information that Bowman’s adopted daughter, Aundria, may be buried in a shallow grave on Bowman’s property. The sheriff’s office, along with other law enforcement entities, was seen digging at the Bowman home on 136th Avenue during the day Wednesday. That evening, Larsen announced human remains had been found. Aundria has been listed as a missing person since 1989.

Virginia has the death penalty. I believe they use it too. Hope this lump of sewer muck gets to find out for certain.

No doubt it's why he confessed about Alexis (I don't call her by her adopted name). I have to talk to Cathy to see what she and Kathleen O'Brien Doyle's family want.

I personally would like him to serve at least 10 years which is how long Cathy has known Alexis was missing. April 2010. She has gone thru hell these last 10 years.

Cathy never planned to not raise Alexis. The adoption wasn't her idea. She was a 17 year old kid at the time who found herself on hard times after her husband cheated on her. She went home to her mother to get emotional support and try to regroup; but found her mother at deaths door fighting breast cancer. Cathy was not in any shape mentally or emotionally to give her daughter up.

Her mother worked with Catholic Charities behind Cathy's back. Alexis ran out of formula, her mother asked what she planned to do. She eventually told Cathy that Alexis needed to be relinquished ASAP because couples wanted babies. Alexis would then go to the best of the best which we know didn't happen.

Cathy grew up hungry. She surely didn't want that for Alexis but unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. Cathy heard it directly from Alexis's friends.

I feel there are more cases that will be tied to him. I'd like him to be alive as more cases are known. I want their families to know he is serving time behind bars, not that he's been executed.

If you're not familiar with Cathy's story see below. I'm quoting the whole thing for those that don't have Facebook.

Every Mother's Worst Nightmare! How I found out my daughter Aundria "Alexis" Bowman was missing

Born on June 23, 1974 as Alexis Badger; 7lbs at Charity Hospital New Orleans; LA. She was very much wanted and very much LOVED. I was married for a few years before I had her. When she was 5 months old; I found myself single and homeless. I traveled back to my mothers house with Alexis. I had planned to spend the holidays there. When Alexis and I arrived; I found out that my mother had cancer and her prognosis was poor. My world fell apart within days. There was no way Alexis and I could stay at my mothers; she was barely putting food on the table for my 5 siblings that were under 17. At some point; adoption was mentioned by my mother. I was in no shape to even process what was happening due to my marriage ending the way it did then finding my mother at death's door. I was promised she would have a better life in a 2 parent household with parents that could provide what they said I could not. They all told me I would fail before I even tried. Back then, we didn't have public assistance like there is now. My ex barely worked; the support usually fell on me. I knew nothing about child support and if I would be able to get it; how do you get it from someone who doesn't work?

She was adopted from Catholic Charities in Virginia in 1975 during the lowest point of my life. I went through my adult life feeling like a piece of me had been ripped out. It has taken me years to process the events that happened back then. You never forget the child you didn't raise; especially since adoption was NEVER an option for me. Her birthday and holiday's like Mother's Day were especially painful; I don't know how I survived with a huge piece of me missing. I hoped to one day find her but there were no replies on any of my entries on adoption reunion sites. I never expected what happened next. On April 1, 2010 Virginia Human Services (not the actual adoption agency) sent me this letter

" Dear Ms. _____, I am writing this letter to get in touch with you regarding a very important matter. I tried to reach you at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX. or Name@norfolk.gov I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Name MSW Supervisor, Norfolk Dept Human Services.

I was over joyed... For a few minutes, I remember feeling very aware of everything. I just knew my prayers had been answered. I would be reunited with my child. Alexis and her adoptive family had finally reached out to find me too.

I called the number given in the letter and was told by the Director of the above agency that an officer had come with the news of Alexis vanishing and the details surrounding it. Virginia law would not allow him to get in touch with me. She would have to do it. The law restricted her from telling me who the detective was and what my daughters adopted name was.

How do I describe any feelings that I had? How does one process information like this? Horrified. Devastated. It felt like someone stabbed me in my heart; then ripped it out. Repeat for what has now been 3 very long and extremely painful years. NIGHTMARE. I've been in a 3 year long NIGHTMARE that I can't wake up from.

I was in such a state of shock and panic that I could not do anything. My husband put it upon himself to find the information we needed. He found her missing person information listed on the Allegan Co. web site. I called the detective from Holland PD; he wouldn't really tell me anything except that they needed my DNA and that the investigation stalled due to lack of money. I was horrified that they needed my DNA in case they found her BONES!! The detective didn't say bones but he implied it!

My DNA was collected in Gloucester, Mass on July 4, 2010. They mailed it to the University of Texas to be processed. In August 2010 while using Google to see what I could find, I ran into a YouTube video of Aundria's photo superimposed with a Racine Wisconsin Jane Doe's morgue photo. I saw a very strong resemblance and I called Michigan, trying to get them compared. To say I was freaking out is an understatement! Not knowing what to do next, I made a Classmates.com profile for Aundria hoping to get in touch with someone who knew her. I ended up meeting Carl, the man that made the video of Aundria and Racine Doe. He told me Racine Doe's story via email; how she had been brutally tortured before dying from her injuries. He put me in touch with the detective in charge of her case. It seemed like everything took forever & I was getting nowhere!

How do I come to terms with this? Where is the self help book on this one? Who can I share this story with in hopes to ease my pain? How could I want for company?! It would mean wishing this on another human being. I could NOT do that. Ever.

May 11, 2011 I drove to Michigan for the March For The Missing. I met a lady from the NCMEC that took care of Racine Jane Doe being compared to Aundria but since Aundria resembles Racine Doe so much; it has not eased my mind. To this day; it haunts me so much that I am NOT 100% sure she is NOT Aundria. Aundria is NOT officially listed as a rule out on Racine Jane Doe's NamUs profile; which is a constant reminder that their DNA is NOT in the system. So I am left wondering if everyone did what they told me they did. All one has to do is google and you will see what I mean!

I then move on to other Jane Doe's; one in California who told people her name was Andrea, she was adopted and in California looking for her biological mother. I call to get them compared, from what I know, it has been done by finger prints that supposedly came off of a flute that Aundria played. Thankfully I've seen the morgue photo and know she is not my daughter. She belongs to another mother who has no clue where their child is.

She was compared to a Jane Doe in Deptford NJ. I do not remember how she was ruled out but she is not my daughter either. She was recently compared to a Jane Doe in Louisiana but after a comparison, Aundria is now on her NamUs rule out list. One of the hardest parts of not knowing my daughter after she was 6 months old is that I have no idea how green her eyes were and if they were totally green or if they were more hazel.

I made this page December 20, 2012. It took forever to get people to like the page. I forgot to mention that I'm learning computer skills. Navigating the internet, trying to find any tiny bit of information that I can find on her. Where has my daughter gone and why does anyone not know her?

So I now spend my time searching. Looking for every clue I can find. Trying to find a paper trail that doesn't exist. Sharing Find Aundria M Bowman; hoping that someone, somewhere recognizes her from the age progression with the sliver of hope that she managed to stay under the radar. Until then, my DNA has been entered, I pray there will not be a match.

My search for my now DISAPPEARED daughter continues only now there is urgency of the worse kind and there are questions that I never imagined I have to ask. In my original search for her I saw the adoptive parents as the loving caring parents that Catholic Charities has promised my daughter. Now I have to rethink everything.... My questions have turned to WHO are these ADOPTIVE PARENTS who were suppose to be so much better than me, WHERE DID SHE GO and WHY DIDN'T THEY LOOK FOR HER?! WHY DIDN'T THEY LOOK FOR ME?! Why won't anyone HELP me by giving me the info I need to find my daughter????? How can I find her with the limited information I've managed to find?

This is every mother's worst nightmare!

Dennis Bowman's booking information and mugshot from Inmate Lookup Tool
jlxIY0c.png

T7pWo4s.jpg

My condolences to Alexis' family. What an absolute nightmare. Reading this thread is like going down a terrible road filled with mistakes/negligence by authorities. It all makes me so angry.

How could child services allow Alexis to remain with the Bowmans, given his sexual assault conviction?

Authorities: 1989 case search yields skeletal remains
Bowman has a criminal record dating back to 1980 that includes charges for assault, burglary and sexual assault.

In 1981, he was convicted of sexual assault. According to police reports, he stopped a 19-year-old West Olive woman who was riding her bike on Lakeshore Drive and ordered her into the woods. A passing driver distracted Bowman and the woman was able to run away. Bowman fired two shots during the incident, though no one was hit.

As I read the articles I wondered about a case that DNA Doe Project solved recently. Google mapped it and found that it was close to this part of Michigan. Until her name was restored, Marcia Kaylynn Bateman was known as the "I-196 Jane Doe." Her remains were found in 1988 in Covert Township, Michigan, that's about 1 hour from Hamilton, Michigan.

I-196 Jane Doe 1988 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Identified! - MI - Covert Township, WhtFem 730UFMI, 23-40, Near I-96, Oct'88 - Marcia Bateman

Not saying DB was responsible for it. Just saying that LE will prob be taking a very hard look at him for any connections to local unsolved crimes.

Last edited:
OCZW3DKJXBFWFHOEHE5CUQROEM.png

Kathleen O'Brien Doyle, 25, murdered 11 September 1980
... Friends found Doyle’s body on Sept. 11, 1980, inside her Ocean View area home in the 9400 block of Granby Street, police said at the time. Doyle had been raped, stabbed with a knife, and choked with a cord, according to police. She had been dead for at least 24 hours by the time her body was found.

At the time, Doyle’s husband of nine months, Lt. Stephen Doyle, was away at sea on the USS Eisenhower in the Indian Ocean. While her husband was deployed, Doyle had been living in her home alone with her tabby cat. They had no children.

Doyle grew up in a Navy family. Her father was a retired Navy officer in San Diego and her grandparents reportedly lived in Tidewater at the time of her death...

Dennis Bowman, 70, is charged with the murder of Kathleen O'Brien Doyle in Virginia and is awaiting trial. He apparently murdered his step daughter in 1989.

How many other victims are there?

LINK:

Man charged in 1980 slaying of 25-year-old Norfolk woman

The judge appt him advisory counsel. Whatever that is.

When some idiot wants to be his own lawyer, the court will appoint an actual lawyer who is a member of the bar of that court district to provide advice to the accused. This way, the accused cannot later say that he wants the verdict thrown out because he was not provided with a competent attorney.

There is much that has not been revealed about this case and about Dennis Lee Bowman. How did Virginia investigators know of him? What evidence do they have on him?

He certainly deserves the death penalty if he is guilty of the brutal murder of Kathleen O'Brien Doyle. And yet (according to at least one news account) he is charged with Second Degree Murder? Like maybe he was only acting in self defense after breaking into the victim's home and torturing her? WTH?

This maggot has a long record of abduction, rape, assault, and murder over at least 40 years. And, of course - Lying about it. You know that anything he says is probably untrue or an effort to hide other offenses. Does he deserve any breaks from the court? A charge of FIRST DEGREE murder would be appropriate and in Virginia that allows for the death penalty. Charging him with Second Degree murder - or accepting a plea deal takes the death penalty off the table.

How many other victims are there? How many missing and murdered children was he responsible for over the past 40 plus years? We need to start looking at Bowman as a serial killer and develop a time line on him to consider other potential victims and related cases.

Here is another "cold case" from Virginia Beach which remains unsolved. Could Dennis Bowman have been around at the time?

Alice Margaret Eskew

On Tuesday, September 4, 1979, Alice Eskew was last seen at home in the 3100 block of Arctic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA. She left her home walking towards Laskin Road just before dusk. A missing person’s report was filed with police after she failed to return home that evening.

Her body was found on Thursday, September 6, 1979 at approximately 5:00 pm in the densely wooded area of Seashore State Park just off Shore Drive close to the bypass. Ms. Eskew’s body was transported to the Medical Examiner’s Office for autopsy. Alice’s cause of death is blunt force trauma; therefore the manner of death was ruled a homicide.

alise%20eskew%202.jpg
alise%20eskew.jpg

Alice was 18 years old and a very petite white female who was 5’ 1’’ tall weighing 80 pounds. She had long blonde hair and dark eyes.

Here is another "cold case" from Virginia Beach which remains unsolved. Could Dennis Bowman have been around at the time?

Alice Margaret Eskew

On Tuesday, September 4, 1979, Alice Eskew was last seen at home in the 3100 block of Arctic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA. She left her home walking towards Laskin Road just before dusk. A missing person’s report was filed with police after she failed to return home that evening.

Her body was found on Thursday, September 6, 1979 at approximately 5:00 pm in the densely wooded area of Seashore State Park just off Shore Drive close to the bypass. Ms. Eskew’s body was transported to the Medical Examiner’s Office for autopsy. Alice’s cause of death is blunt force trauma; therefore the manner of death was ruled a homicide.

alise%20eskew%202.jpg
alise%20eskew.jpg

Alice was 18 years old and a very petite white female who was 5’ 1’’ tall weighing 80 pounds. She had long blonde hair and dark eyes.

@Richard Please remember to add links to ensure the mods don't remove your posts. We really need those links. Thank you.

Alice Margaret Eskew

alise%20eskew%202.jpg
alise%20eskew.jpg

Thank u Richard for explaining what "appointed counsel" means. I think Bowman is trying to manipulate the entire process so he can get back to MI. asap where his enabler wife and bio daughter will support the fantasy that he is innocent of everything! Yes the murder of Alice Margaret Eskew would fit into the timeline of Bowman going back to Norfolk,Va. for Naval reserves duty. He killed Kathleen Doyle in Sept. I wonder if that was always his schedule to be in Va. in the late summer for the reserves duty?
Va. Beach is only a stones throw from Norfolk, he'd easily be able to get there and back without anyone missing him.
Alice was found in the woods which matches Bowman's mode of operation, but the blunt force trauma may not be his choice of subduing the victim. I think Bowman is the type of lowlife killer/rapist that wants to hear his victim/victims screaming in fear and pleading for her life. He wants to be right up in the victim's face looking into her eyes when he pulls his great big knife out on her and starts his evil acts. Alice was tiny and Bowman could have subdued her easily. Otherwise in my mind, he could be good for this murder too!

Would DB really end back in Michigan in a relatively short time? I kind of guessed he wants to plead guilty to hide the details of his actions, and get as far away as possible. I could be wrong, but everything this man does is for his own benefit....

Ur right Cubby, Dennis Lee Bowman does do everything for his own benefit. DB thinks his admission to murdering Katleen Doyle will speed up the trial process in Va. so he can return to MI. asap. His bio daughter, Vanessa Bowman is getting married in June and I think he thinks he can be in MI for that! I know his wife, Brenda Bowman has always been very supportive of him. Neither have the ability to move to Va. and cater to him and that's a big issue for him! DB knows he will stand trial in MI. for murdering 14 y.o. Aundria/Alexis and I believe he thinks after that he will be allowed to remain in MI. to serve out both his sentences!

Bowman certainly deserves the very best Virginia can offer - and that includes the death penalty for his (alleged) brutal murder of Kathleen Doyle.

Virginia has charged him with second degree murder. Perhaps they could/should bump that up to first degree so that the death penalty is on the table.

This guy didn't just have two unfortunate "accidents" with innocent young women - Kathleen and Aundria - some nine years apart. There are more. And they were all premeditated, brutal, and deliberate. A death penalty hanging over his head might loosen his tongue and get him to confess to the others as well.

Take the time to express your thoughts on the matter to the prosecutors in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back