Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
Hello, first time poster here. I work in the security field in Chicago. I apologize if my memory does not recall specific details I was told as this was a 5 minute conversation with a coworker. Anyhoo...My colleague use to work under the lead detective (I forget his name but I believe he was hired by the Ramsey's and was a personal friend to them) that worked on this case years ago. My coworker told me that the detective said that Burke had accidentally killed her. The family had strong ties with people in the police force and certain people helped to cover it up. Burke had been sexually assaulting her for sometime before the incident (I believe he said the family knew) and this added reason for them to cover it up. This information was still word of mouth, however three degrees from the actual case. Let me know your thoughts.

Hello, first time poster here. I work in the security field in Chicago. I apologize if my memory does not recall specific details I was told as this was a 5 minute conversation with a coworker. Anyhoo...My colleague use to work under the lead detective (I forget his name but I believe he was hired by the Ramsey's and was a personal friend to them) that worked on this case years ago. My coworker told me that the detective said that Burke had accidentally killed her. The family had strong ties with people in the police force and certain people helped to cover it up. Burke had been sexually assaulting her for sometime before the incident (I believe he said the family knew) and this added reason for them to cover it up. This information was still word of mouth, however three degrees from the actual case. Let me know your thoughts.
ChicagoKate,
Sounds true to me.

Well, in this case he will never get exposed...even after JR death.
Though it sounds very simple and plausible...
Few things though that make no sense to me are : Patsy's love and affection towards Burke stayed unchanged after the murder of her supposedly precious daughter, Burke did not show even a slightest stress afterwards ( not every day you kill your little sister - and I am not talking grief - but at least discomfort), the cover up was way too elaborate and cruel to do to your own child, and why Ramsey's were fine with molesting?? ...

I agree with this explanation.

Well, in this case he will never get exposed...even after JR death.
Though it sounds very simple and plausible...
Few things though that make no sense to me are : Patsy's love and affection towards Burke stayed unchanged after the murder of her supposedly precious daughter, Burke did not show even a slightest stress afterwards ( not every day you kill your little sister - and I am not talking grief - but at least discomfort), the cover up was way too elaborate and cruel to do to your own child, and why Ramsey's were fine with molesting?? ...
Beltonian,
Perhaps it has everything to do with PR statement she would no longer have anything to live for without BR.
The only sign from BR I have read was that he patted JB casket, while skipping amongst the tombstones; with his friend at graveside. Here he is all smiles during the funeral:
This might help to explain his behavior:
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) in Children

Rain On My Parade, thank you...very strange... JB was everything Burke was not...she got lots of love from her mom...and I assume plenty of hatred from her brother...
still not sure why PR allowed molestation...Maybe it had something to do with her own childhood...The whole family was a huge screw up...
I wonder what kind of relationship Burke and John had ( have)?...

Rain On My Parade, thank you...very strange... JB was everything Burke was not...she got lots of love from her mom...and I assume plenty of hatred from her brother...
still not sure why PR allowed molestation...Maybe it had something to do with her own childhood...The whole family was a huge screw up...
I wonder what kind of relationship Burke and John had ( have)?...
Beltonian,
I think hatred is a very strong word. I believe he was jealous of JB for a lot of reasons. You would be surprised at mother’s that allow molestation! I strongly feel that JR is a Dictator (control freak). In BR first interview with the psychiatrist, it was noted that he viewed his father as being distant and not emotionally available. Sure they put on airs for the camera, but leopards generally don’t change their spots.

I think you summed it up nicely

Sorry to bump an old thread but this is what I was trying to get at in the other thread I recently posted in. There's clearly part of the 911 call that's been cut out--the part John & Burke are talking on. We still haven't heard the original Aerospace-enhanced call that was played on Geraldo in '98 that multiple trustworthy posters heard once & never again. Boulder police heard it. The voices of BR & JR were clear as a bell on that one. Everyone who listened to it was CERTAIN of what they heard down to the inflection of the words.

What we have now is NOT that tape. That one has been scrubbed from the public domain. The incriminating parts have been cut out--there's dead air on the current recording where JR & BR's voices should be. The one played on the CBS doc & everywhere else on the internet is the altered version--not the damning one. Patsy might be heard saying "Help me Jesus" but the other two R's have been cut out intentionally. You can tell because the recording goes dead & then picks back up right near the end--you can see this on those visualization soundwave program things.

I think we're all running ourselves ragged trying to work with a bogus redacted recording, guys. Burke & John may be on the actual 911 call but they can't be heard on the one WE have access to as mere plebs. TL;DR - The 911 call we have now is a big ol' red herring because it's not the OG version. I suspect the Rams' lawyers were able to pull some "Burke is underage!" BS to get that tape back quietly without making a big stink publicly & thus making BR look guiltier than he already does, but you can bet lawsuits were threatened to Geraldo & anyone else who released it. (Geraldo was an absolute pitbull when it came to stuff like this; he hounded Lorena Bobbitt more than anyone else according to her recent documentary, bordering on stalking just to get an interview. And he went all in on the Ramsey parents until one day he suddenly didn't anymore. Wonder why?).

MOO.

I definitely heard the enhanced call years ago! I remember hearing a child's voice say 'what did you find' and John saying in a mean tone ' we're not speaking to you.' If I recall, Patsy also said something like 'oh my God' I have not heard the enhanced tape again over the years although I have looked.

I definitely heard the enhanced call years ago! I remember hearing a child's voice say 'what did you find' and John saying in a mean tone ' we're not speaking to you.' If I recall, Patsy also said something like 'oh my God' I have not heard the enhanced tape again over the years although I have looked.

HEY YOU!
Makes sense with BR stating, “what did you find”?
Would make even more sense if PR said, “what did you do”? As some claim hearing.

I have heard versions where it sounds like John is talking to someone and that obviously had to be Burke, but I'm not sure....

What I believe is odd about that call is certain things she said - such as 'we have a kidnapping' and after she says that the operator asks her to explain and Patsy almost says it again, like it was possibly rehearsed and she got confused? And then later she is asked who she was and she says 'Patsy Ramsey I'm the mother' almost like she was already separating herself. Not HER mother, but THE mother. Then at the end she just puts down the phone and soon hangs up. Who does that on a 911 call if your daughter is legit missing?
I mean it can be argued that she was so upset and had to get off the phone before she passed out, etc or that she misspoke because of the same reason but it can also be argued that she had already dealt with it all and then called and it took her back to right after she discovered her body....but that could've only been easy to do for a few moments. The initial shock would've already worn off.
Again, imo, it seemed like a HUGE part of her life was JonBenet and those pageants that if she had honestly went downstairs, seen a legit ransom note and instantly called 911 she would've been in absolute hysterics to the point she wouldn't have even been able to call.
The 'we have a kidnapping' really sticks out to me.

It IS a big deal. For one, when your daughter has been murdered, and your son may have seen/heard something, there are no stupid questions!
Unless whatever your son may have seen/heard implicated his parents.
Lawyers should not have been advising their clients to LIE, regardless of how "easier" it made things. And yes, to LIE so easily about something that could have yielded important clues means they'd certainly LIE about other things.
They feared he'd be asked about drinking the tea, or did he witness JB eating PINEAPPLE. Or did he see JB walking into the house as he had said. THERE is the #1 reason they wanted LE to believe BR was sleeping.
I can't imagine anything stupid about questions like "BR, can you tell us if you saw any lights on or off, noises in and around JB's room, doors closing, activity in the kitchen, someone on the stairs?"
This family had something to hide. End of story.

Remember the Elizabeth Smart case? Eventually her little sister, asleep in the same room, came forward and told that she had seen the man who took her sister and that she recognized him as being someone who did some work around their house. That led to Elizabeth's rescue, as police then focused on the handyman who had, in fact, taken her. The little sister was younger than BR was at the time JB was killed, I believe.

I agree with you completely. In addition, a lawyer telling a client to lie in a deposition or GJ proceedings would be suborning perjury. It's highly unethical, not to mention, illegal.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back