Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congaree is a huge river not a Creek, and would be much too far for a 6 year old to wander off to in such a short amount of time. But that said, it is a force to be reckoned with...there are class 3 or 4 (I think) rapids further up past the confluence of the Saluda and Congaree River by the Riverbanks Zoo.
Congaree Creek - Wikipedia
Congaree Creek is a stream in Lexington County, South Carolina formed from the Congaree River. The Name 'Congaree' come's from the River, of the same name. The Battle of Congaree Creek was named after this creek.

Map posted in thread 1.

I haven’t watched them all, but to me it sounded like they had searched almost every home in neighborhood except a few, which means she’s not there. They are careful to never imply that she is no longer alive IMO, despite searching trash and dump sites and encouragers others to do so as well. They thanked the community effort - gave them credit for helping identify one of two vehicles of interest. Assured everyone again that family was cooperating.
It sounds like they know she was removed from area but do not believe that she was taken very far away, which means to me, they possibly have a suspect that had limited time to move her. JMO.
I watched the 10:45am press conference on a stream from Fox Carolina out of Greenville SC so I don’t know if everybody heard this, but after the officer left the podium and the news crews were collecting their microphones, the same guy who asked why the FBI and SLED weren’t involved(answer: they are) started ranting about the investigation and he was going to call the FBI and SLED himself and get them on the case because “this doesn’t pass the smell test”. He said that repeatedly. He wanted to hear from the family and people wanted to help search...it went on and on. Pretty sure he was not a reporter but a community member. A very surprising, unsettling and unnecessary moment.
He was a local preacher. SLED should be taking lead on this case and rambling or not, that Preacher was absolutely right.

FEB 13, 2020
Officials look to ID vehicles, drivers may have info related to missing SC 6-year-old
[...]

FM and her daughter said they were across the street at the Circle K between 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday.

That was the time Faye’s mother told police she realized that her daughter was missing from the house.

[...]

“[Faye's] mother came in and asked the cashier, ‘Did you see my daughter?’” FM explained.

The little girl was seen getting off her school bus. Faye’s mother told police that she came in the house, grabbed a snack and went out to play at exactly 3:44 p.m. That’s the last time she said she laid eyes on her child.

“She was crying And I was like, 'Oh, she has lost her daughter,'” said FM.

When FM and her daughter came back to their house in Church Hill Heights, they said a man came running up to them again around the same time just after Faye was reported missing.

“He just asked if I saw a 6-year-old roaming around by herself,” said the neighbor.

[...]

Congaree Creek - Wikipedia
Congaree Creek is a stream in Lexington County, South Carolina formed from the Congaree River. The Name 'Congaree' come's from the River, of the same name. The Battle of Congaree Creek was named after this creek.

Map posted in thread 1.
I stand corrected. Thank you for the info, PommyMommy.

I watched the 10:45am press conference on a stream from Fox Carolina out of Greenville SC so I don’t know if everybody heard this, but after the officer left the podium and the news crews were collecting their microphones, the same guy who asked why the FBI and SLED weren’t involved(answer: they are) started ranting about the investigation and he was going to call the FBI and SLED himself and get them on the case because “this doesn’t pass the smell test”. He said that repeatedly. He wanted to hear from the family and people wanted to help search...it went on and on. Pretty sure he was not a reporter but a community member. A very surprising, unsettling and unnecessary moment.
Based on his comments, I don't believe he has any (or much) knowledge of police protocol. MOO

they could be looking at the woods and water areas as the dumping ground. IMO. sorry to say this. If they had evidence this was a kidnapping with a vehicle they would have announced it I would think - to me, this feels like it's a process of elimination and they are looking for a body which is why they don't want alot of volunteer searchers
JMO

Emily Wakeman on Twitter
Cayce Police on search for #fayeswetlik : stressed this is still an active search. Identified and spoke with individuals in Chevy Trailblazer. Officials searching trash in neighborhood and have been at nearby landfill. Asking for anyone with surveillance call 803-205-4444 @wis10
EQq1bigXYAIPMJP.jpg

11:30 AM - 13 Feb 2020

While I don't want them to find anything, I am glad they are leaving no stone unturned. Many times it is not until it is too late that we look back and wish LE had done this thorough of a search. I think the same with the crime scene tape going up - making sure every possibility is pursued from the very start. I think this is setting a high bar and showing a very good response from LE.
^^^^
I wish I could like this a thousand times. I am beyond impressed by the thoroughness. Contrast to some recent cases (i.e. Harley Dilly) where it took days to just get cursory searches started.

I am currently (very tentatively) in the teen perp/local-area perp camp. The time frame is so narrow. And there have been at least a couple of sources saying the mom was out asking neighbors/local businesses (I am surmising during that window) which makes me think it is an even shorter window. Not getting any vibes that the mom has any involvement/neglect/abuse. But as always I could be wrong.

they could be looking at the woods and water areas as the dumping ground. IMO. sorry to say this. If they had evidence this was a kidnapping with a vehicle they would have announced it I would think - to me, this feels like it's a process of elimination and they are looking for a body which is why they don't want alot of volunteer searchers
JMO
This area is super close to Faye's house, I think its more likely they're looking at areas she may have wandered off to whilst playing and may have met with a tragic accident.

Why do you think they haven’t expanded the search area to 5 miles around the house for law enforcement to search? I understand 1 mike at first, but now with each passing day I would think it would be appropriate to expand the search to 5 miles?

Perhaps have reason to believe she's that close?

Or

Perhaps they don't feel the initial search area has been searched thoroughly enough/haven't completed searching it in order to be able to expand yet?

Or

Maybe they have expanded, but focus of the reporters and public has been on the locked down neighborhood?

Last edited:

I agree!! He was obnoxious, inconsiderate, wasn't truthful (as you said, FBI and SLED ARE helping), and the questions he was DEMANDING answers to have been answered over and over! Maybe he should take the test and walk the walk of a LEO! JMO! If nothing else, he needed some grammar lessons before making a scene! JMO, MOO!

This photo is from Google Map Street View literally in front of Faye’s home. Seems to have been taken in either 2015 or 2020. This image looks like a drug deal and it’s literally in front of Faye’s front door step. It is not a good area of town. Across from Faye’s neighborhood there is a creepy, run-down strip mall with a 20-24 hour bar called “Mile High Club” directly next to an “Asian Massage” shop. This is all just a minute or two away from a heavily trafficked Love’s Truck Stop and the Columbia Airport. There are tractor trailers everywhere.

I hope LE is reviewing cameras for footage on dates prior to Monday. If this is a random abduction from a person unknown to FS, the chances are low that the individual did not canvas the area for opportunity several times prior to committing the act. Most would not risk a random abduction in a residential area in broad daylight without knowing anything about the level of risk for being caught before they were able to get out. They would likely know times that were opportune and the risk of being spotted by someone attending to a certain child. It is quite possible if this is a random abduction that the perp routinely canvased the area with some level of regularity in the days and weeks prior to Monday. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77