Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
“EXCLUSIVE: (Day 17) Search operations continue for 11-year-old Gannon Stauch at an undisclosed location in Douglas County. Search teams of 50+ people are getting ready to search the area in the snow. @FOX21News #FindGannon #GannonStauch
View attachment 231825
9:28 AM · Feb 13, 2020 (local/MST)
Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

ETA: They must have a solid lead, IMO. Please let this beautiful child be found today.
Oh wow, back in the same location today? I know it's undisclosed, but do we have an idea how far away this is?

I don’t believe LE has said when Gannon was last seen and by whom. I think the media reference to their comments about the neighbor video, as well as their direct comments about ignoring anything that doesn’t come from them, mean that video is a tiny portion of evidence they have. It’s probably not worth arguing over what we can see. There’s probably a ton more video from all over the place and even the neighbor video may be more important for the audio.

For those of you who don’t have security cams, I’m happy to share some footage from mine so you can see what’s possible. I have mine set for medium quality because the high quality is super creepy. (You can see into neighbor houses on high quality.)

If you watch to the end you can see how far up the street the camera captures. I think you can zoom in this shared view. I have a little more control as admin. Even with the rain and fedex truck running, you can hear every little thing.
Arlo Web Portal|Smart Home Security

Another angle from same time. Arlo Web Portal|Smart Home Security

I share because I think the little bit of video we’ve seen probably isn’t worth arguing over. I’m sure LE has had much more video and audio from early on that’s more valuable than what we have seen released.
Thank you @Uninformant for sharing that.video.
That is crazy how much you can see and how clear it is.
( I also LOVED that your FedEx guy waved to you LOL)

Has this been posted yet?
Police Respond to Claims of Missing CO Boy’s Step Mother
Police Responds to Claims of Missing Colo. Boy's Stepmother: 'There Is No Threat to the Community'
In a new statement released Tuesday to Fox31, Gannon’s stepmother, Letecia “Tecia” Stauch, appeared to imply that the boy may have been abducted.

“I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G,” she said in the statement.

However, in response to Stauch’s statement, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office says authorities currently have no reason to believe the boy was kidnapped.
Office spokesperson Sgt. Deborah Mynatt tells PEOPLE. “We don’t have those specifics to put out there [yet], and we haven’t done so. There’s reasons for that and we just can’t go into those details.”

She adds, “We are really trying to also ensure that the community knows if there was a threat of some sort of public safety statement, if there was an abduction of some sort, if that information was revealed to us … we would absolutely put that out.”
ETA: I didn’t see it, so I posted it to the Media Thread as well.
Replying to my own post. LE does NOT BELIEVE Gannon was ABDUCTED!

Could it have been a dog??
Opening the door? Lol. I wondered at one point if one of the dogs was in the truck, but exiting on its own? IMO no.

Could it have been a movement of the truck, due to LS opening the door rather forcefully?

The shadow does throw a wrench in my ideas of what went down. But even if Gannon did come home, there is so much left unanswered.

An 11 year old might be comfortable staying home alone while a parent runs a quick errand if they are sick. If I had a to do list that was going to take up 4 hours of my time, my 11 year old would want to be with me, though, not home alone for that length of time. So, on one hand I can see having him come along and just take it easy in the backseat. But more than likely I'd change my plans to be gone a much shorter time or not at all. A sick kiddo needs to be home.

I wonder if they had to go make some money so they hypothetically wouldn't be kicked out of their home for some unreasonable hypothetical reason.o_O

I wish I had something to contribute to all these posts other than simply being here for Gannon.

He’s been in my thoughts every day for the past two weeks. I want to be hopeful like LH requested, but after the amount of time that’s passed and our weather lately...

Please let today be the day that Gannon is found!

Agreed. I believe it would take a lot more than one video, even a clear one, for a spouse to jump to the conclusion that their partner was lying about something so serious. Especially to the point of crying. If this was a healthy marriage with trust, I would expect him to try to rationalize/deny/question what he sees on the neighbors footage.
Love is truly blind.

“EXCLUSIVE: (Day 17) Search operations continue for 11-year-old Gannon Stauch at an undisclosed location in Douglas County. Search teams of 50+ people are getting ready to search the area in the snow. @FOX21News #FindGannon #GannonStauch
View attachment 231825
9:28 AM · Feb 13, 2020 (local/MST)
Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

ETA: They must have a solid lead, IMO. Please let this beautiful child be found today.

I hope so. [One of] yesterday's locations was a private home on a lot of acreage. One driveway in and out. A pond located out in a far pasture.

Agreed. I believe it would take a lot more than one video, even a clear one, for a spouse to jump to the conclusion that their partner was lying about something so serious. Especially to the point of crying. If this was a healthy marriage with trust, I would expect him to try to rationalize/deny/question what he sees on the neighbors footage.
Love is truly blind.

That is a lot of stuff that shows she is a liar.

Why are so many believing her?

BBM:

I think the answer to that question is simple:

Some people are believing her because they want to believe her.

Which is to say, they want to believe that GS might still be alive and well.

As do we all.

Feelings aren't facts, though.

Facts are as follows:
  • TS is the last person to have seen GS.
  • TS is the "reporting person" who initially (mis)led LE to characterize him as a runaway.
  • TS told LE that he left to go play at a friend's house between 3:15 and 4 pm that Monday.
  • The neighbor's video shows TS leaving with GS on Monday morning and then returning in the afternoon alone.
  • TS gave an interview with her back to the camera the entire time, focusing completely on how "ecstatic" she would be when she was able to say to people that she hoped they have a sincere apology for her.
  • DA Dan May went to the home and stayed for an hour. DA May does not visit the homes of runaways. His job is to prosecute crimes.
  • AS broke down crying after watching the neighbor's video and said, "She lied."
AS saw the video. He said she lied.

AS doesn't even believe her.

Her own husband doesn't believe her…and you'd better believe he knows her.

So there's that.

JMO.

Last edited:
Unless there is proof positive, LE will never say they are looking for a deceased child.

Unfortunately, I disagree. I distinctly recall in several cases (although I cannot remember which ones specifically) where LE said something like, "Unfortunately we do not believe the outcome will be favorable" or something to that effect.

Given the length of time and the weather in the area in this case, there is absolutely zero change GS is still alive UNLESS he was taken and is being held by someone. Sadly, I don't think that is the case.

I just keep thinking it has to be a familiar place. And, close enough to mesh with the runaway theory. Otherwise, there are too many questions to answer.

While I agree on the proximity to the home if he was a runaway, the story has changed to a person(s) in a car, so now he could be much further away from home.

Surely LE would have used dogs on the truck and they would have highlighted blood or other smells. I just don't get why she hasn't been arrested, I can only hope LE think she may have hidden / given him to someone and that she may slip up on contacting whoever is holding him.

But the blood in the garage does seems like she is setting up an excuse for LE when they find it and it's just all so sad.
The blood, the lies, the sickness, the video of him crying, the burned carpet all just leads me to one sad conclusion.

I pray I'm wrong and this isn't as evil as it seems.
IMO
It's even more evil than it seems.
Innocence stolen and raped is nothing short of evil.
LE have already found all the evidence they need, they spent days there. They tore that house asunder, ripped up carpets, bits of hoardings, walls, the lot. They have it all, more than enough.
They do not need Gannon's body to prosecute.
But they want him found and when they find him , even though I am against the dP on principle, I hope it is applied in this case, even though it will mean listening to appeal after appeal after appeal for at least 10 years.
Life is either sacred or it's not.
Kind children are either respected or they are destroyed.
I'll be haunted forever by what I imagine his last thoughts were, the pain inflicted in his tiny body by this utter darkness which refuses light.
I will never believe it was anything other than systemic abuse.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member