Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maria Szatkowski on Twitter
We’ve only been here a few minutes, but already several people have come by bringing something or just taking a minute to honor #FayeSwetlik. @abc_columbia
EQv59ajW4AE7sew.jpg

11:07 AM - 14 Feb 2020

Has anyone heard if they will be holding another press conference today?

By Laurel Mallory | February 14, 2020 at 10:36 AM EST - Updated February 14 at 10:36 AM

CAYCE, S.C. (WIS) - One day after police found the body of missing 6-year-old Faye Swetlik, investigators are ready to share new information.

Police will host a news conference at 11:45 a.m. Friday.

Faye disappeared while playing in her front yard after school on Monday. Her body was found somewhere in her neighborhood on Thursday morning.

The shocking revelation of her death left more questions than answers, however.

Investigators ready to share new information in homicide case of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik

Shanté Sumpter
@ShanteSTV_
·
47m

Crime scene tape is in front of the entrance way to this apartment. It’s right around the coroner from the apartment Faye Swetlik lived in.
@wachfox

The apartment number is 602. Two deputies are outside of the apartment. Media is being told to stay about 30 yards back.
@wachfox

Video at the link
Shanté Sumpter
@ShanteSTV_

·
37m

Several law enforcement personnel just arrived on the scene near Faye Swetlik’s home.
@wachfox

I think some people fail to understand the AA.
Not implying or suggesting a RSO is involved here but I’d like to see more monitoring of level 3 sex offenders, nationwide. Perhaps a routine similar to some mandated drug court programs. I worked for 20+ years for drug court, it was strict, so strict we had a lot of drop outs, preferring prison to drug court demands. Like 90 meetings on 30 days, 40 hour minimum work week, random calls requiring you to appear at a designated site within 12 hours, etc., it was a no excuse program.
I see no reason high risk sex offenders can’t be court ordered to attend programs. Moo

When children are missing, I make it a practice to look up RSO nearby. I'm broken to report there are 19 RSO males and 1 female registered within a mile radius of the Churchill Heights neighborhood.

Conditions of Supervision at link below:

The Department continues to monitor its supervision strategies targeting the management of the sex offender population statewide and the implementation of requirements set forth in Jessie’s Law, legislation signed into law on June 8, 2006, aimed at protecting South Carolina’s children through tougher penalties for sex predators. Named after Jessica Marie Lunsford -- who was murdered in 2005 by a registered sex offender in Florida -- the law imposes a mandatory minimum of 25 years in prison for sex predators and mandates GPS monitoring for sex offenders convicted of certain offenses. In addition, Jessie’s Law:

Sex Offender Management - SCDPPPS

Crime scene tape is just now going up at this apartment or it was already up from yesterday, but LE just opened access to the neighborhood to the public & reporters and they're just now getting to report about the crime scene tape being there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member