Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Antley requests that everyone continue to pray.
  • Thanks the public for patience with the department.
  • Yesterday was possibly the toughest day of many LEO's career.
  • Redacting personal info from 911 calls but will have out in a few minutes.
I am so impressed with the professionalism, and the empathy of these police/media people. Today and also in the Gannon Stauch case. That guy almost lost it there at the end.

Hunter Sáenz on Twitter
#BREAKING: @Cayce_DPS says chief found the body yesterday. The man found dead in the neighborhood is linked to death of #Faye. He was a 30 year old neighbor. Not a family member or a friend.

“I want everyone to continue to pray for #FayeSwetlik.”

@wcnc

EQwGsYOWAAAHcWi.jpg

12:03 PM - 14 Feb 2020 from Charlotte, NC

Hunter Sáenz on Twitter
#FayeSwetlik was found in a wooded area between her residence and the NAPA AUTO parts. The man was found at his residence. @wcnc
12:04 PM - 14 Feb 2020

Hunter Sáenz on Twitter
Male is ID’d as 30 year old Coty Scott Taylor. Officers say they spoke to him and searched his home while he was still alive and as Faye was missing. They found a critical piece of evidence in his trash can that led them to search that area again. @wcnc
12:09 PM - 14 Feb 2020 from Charlotte, NC

JMO

This is from my own notes from PC.....

"a critical piece of evidence was found in the trash can from the same residence where the male body was found. The piece of evidence had some tie to something that was listed on her missing poster?"

For that part, I suspect the piece of evidence found was maybe a piece of clothing that the girl may have had on or maybe her shoes or something. Not sure what else it could have been but clothing or shoes or something.

I am so glad they followed the trash trucks and searched trash cans!
These LEO’s were so dedicated and tenacious. I’ve never witnessed any other LEO’s work so hard to try to save someone. They almost did it and now I understand the anger and heartbreak Snellgrove expressed during his press conference. Prayers to all those guys, you know this has been so difficult for them. They should be an example to others.

Ok so the one key point I am not understanding and they didnt seem to share was- how did they know to go back to the woods to find faye? He said that she hadnt been there the whole time...how did someone get by ALL the heavy police presence carrying a body to those woods?? Had they found her at his apartment I would understand but...something just really doesnt settle well with me with the still limited info given.

Hunter Sáenz on Twitter
Again, they did not believe the body of #Faye was in that area for long as they had searched it several time. #FayeMarieSwetlik @wcnc
12:10 PM - 14 Feb 2020 from Charlotte, NC

Hunter Sáenz on Twitter
.@Cayce_DPS would not say if Taylor killed #FayeSwetlik but said the two deaths are linked. Investigation continues. @wcnc
12:10 PM - 14 Feb 2020 from Charlotte, NC

Hunter Sáenz on Twitter
Taylor lived at 602 Picadilly Square, about 100 yards from where #FayeSwetlik lived. He was found at his residence dead. That’s also where that key piece of evidence was found that led them to Faye. @Cayce_DPS would not specify what it was. @wcnc
12:13 PM - 14 Feb 2020 from Charlotte, NC

Just mapped his address, and the NAPA store is immediately behind his building. Looks like an apartment building or condos. There is a wooded area right between the two buildings. <modsnip: LE has not specified CT is the perpetrator>

Any have an idea how far between her residence and his?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are holding something else close to the vest. The talked to him and went thru the house, yet her body wasn't in the woods long. Where was she? And he has a roommate that found the body? or did THEY find it?

Edited to add.. i mean finding HIS body, not hers.

FoxNashville on Twitter
CHILD'S HOMICIDE: Police say they found a "critical piece of evidence" linking a neighbor of #FayeMarieSwetlik who was found dead to the little girl's murder. MORE: https://bit.ly/31TekQs
EQwIqZwX0AEcVsI.jpg

12:12 PM - 14 Feb 2020

Jeff Monheit on Twitter
#BREAKING Police say Faye Swetlik's murder is connected to a neighbor found dead inside his home in Cayce, SC. Police id'd him as Coty Taylor. Say he has no criminal history. @WCCBCharlotte
EQwJODcWkAAD5jd.png

12:14 PM - 14 Feb 2020

Jacob Reynolds on Twitter
Coty Taylor was the deceased male. He was 30 years old, found in his home. They do believe the two bodies are linked, however @Cayce_DPS did not specify why they believe the two cases are connected. .@wltx
12:18 PM - 14 Feb 2020 from Cayce, SC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads