Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comment that they show here and attributed to SM looks oddly similar to a strange comment that was posted here last night about us being ignorant and not knowing anything about Colorado. Hmmm.
It sure does; I remember that post but can't find it. It probably got deleted but if not can anyone find it?

They may be keeping the Family in the dark. Sometimes they share a bit with Family and others simply don't share at all.
In the press conference two days ago, the PIO stated they are talking to the family every day. That doesn't mean they are sharing investigative details, but they are speaking with them. I'm sure if LH left, it was a painful yet necessary decision on her part. I'm heartbroken for what she is going through and feel she has shown incredible grace under the circumstances.

I went for a drive over to where they are staging. I'm sure the media will report it soon unless they don't want to give specifics. There are two snow plows going back and forth in about a three mile area carefully plowing the shoulder on both sides of Perry Park road. There are also people with the avalanche poles now on both sides of the road. The staging area about a mile and a half north is completely full of vehicles. There is a cell (I think that's what it is) tower on the ridge on the same side of the road as Sierra Pines.

MOO is there is a specific sighting or electronic information that narrows that space down. I just can't see this spot being anything other than a quick toss out the door and that makes me sick. I mentioned Stone Canyon yesterday and it's just a few miles up the road, definitely at a less dangerous curve in the road, and a more concealed area. I'm so nauseous right now. I pray Gannon is found and justice is dealt swiftly!

Thank you. Is the snowplowing going north and south a mile and half each way from the staging, or going just south? MOO I wish them luck.

I have several opinions about that. Part of it is rooted in her narcissism, "look at ME, I'M such a good mom figure". I also wouldn't be surprised if those pictures were posted on her facebook page as public, with the intent that LH and others would see them. She seems to need a lot of attention & approval from external sources, I imagine narcissism is a hungry beast that needs to be constantly fed. Last, it's likely as you suspect, something was rotten in Denmark and she had something to prove to her husband in regards to her ability to care for his children while he was away from home.
I think she might also have wanted to document her ongoing care of the children for any potential custody dispute that might arise in the future, or maybe AS instructed her to do so. JMO

Does anyone else find it very strange that she supposedly always takes photos of them being out and about and [the implied] when they arrive back home to AS when he's out of town? This seems odd as if he didn't trust her with the kids, why is she implying she was constantly proving their whereabouts to AS? Is this at his request? This seems strange AF to me.

I don't know - If I am away from my fur babies I ask whatever friend is watching them to send pictures. "whats she doing now?" "Send me a pic of her sleeping!" or "let me see her eating!" because I miss them so much and just want to see what they are up to. I assume some people are the same with their kids?

Does anyone else find it very strange that she supposedly always takes photos of them being out and about and [the implied] when they arrive back home to AS when he's out of town? This seems odd as if he didn't trust her with the kids, why is she implying she was constantly proving their whereabouts to AS? Is this at his request? This seems strange AF to me.

My sister’s ex-husband married a real piece of work, and she loves to make it out on FB like they have a great life and that she is a wonderful SM to my niece and nephew. She’ll post sweet, lovey photos, etc. Problem is that she can’t hide the crazy and also rips them and rants about them on FB. She has sent offensive texts and emails to my sister about my niece and nephew infringing upon time and resources she’d prefer to be spending on her “nuclear family”- the baby she had w/ my ex-BIL. So much of this TS stuff is textbook what we’re all living...and I struggle as it feels so close to home. If anything happened to my niece and nephew, I could see their SM being as detached and narcissistic as TS. It’s so frightening, but I see it firsthand. Scary how many stepparents don’t love their step kids. I think TS’s detachment is so telling. I don’t even know Gannon, but I almost can’t breathe when I think about it too long.

MOO

Really appreciate your giving us this in-person information. The side of the road details make me wonder if they are looking for a smaller piece of evidence that was tossed, rather than Gannon himself. Hypothetically: a phone? A key? Clothes? A handheld gaming device? A weapon?

The snowplow detail also brought me right back to the Arkansas discovery of Maleah Davis's remains. :(
bbm
Possibly Gannon's Nintendo Switch ?
TS would have no further use for it, and like Gannon--something to be thrown away ?
Sad to think about but to certain people it's not a problem to "get rid of something".

“GANNON LATEST: Search continues in Douglas County for missing Gannon Stauch. I’m seeing search and rescue crews teaming up with FBI evidence response along South Perry Park Rd. Crews are using shovels and very long poles to poke through dense snow and wooded private property” (BBM)
12:10 PM · Feb 14, 2020 (local/MST)
Nicole Fierro on Twitter
(video at the link)

They may be keeping the Family in the dark. Sometimes they share a bit with Family and others simply don't share at all.
If I remember correctly, didn’t Mollie Tibbetts’ dad go home right before she was discovered?? I hope this doesn’t mean that LE has encouraged them to go home to prepare for a return because a discovery was imminent... JMO

Bless you for typing all this out. ❤

Personality disorders are treatable (not curable), and God bless the people who are diagnosed and work so hard every day to do better. We are all broken in some way. But we can all be people of integrity and compassion if we work on it.
Beautifully said.

But that's exactly what I observe to be lacking in TS, accountability is the first step. It's clear she is not willing to be accountable in anything to do with Gannon vanishing. Or in her own life choices in general.

It sure does; I remember that post but can't find it. It probably got deleted but if not can anyone find it?

It was posted by a user called "mtnview" who apparently no longer exists. This is what that person posted:

I wonder how many of the tips are coming from people in groups like this who aren't anywhere near Colorado and have no idea about this town at all but have google maps. I have seen several people brag about sending tips in "because they have absolutely known since day one that water was involved." or "they absolutely know Garden of the Gods is involved."
If you see a creek on google maps I promise it doesn't have enough water to wet your shoelaces. Garden of the Gods in the middle of the day is about as busy as Disneyland. Palmer Park is not part of or near Palmer Lake. General Palmer established Colorado Springs and the greater area so his name can be found on a couple things.
The nonsense isn't helpful but please don't send in "tips" that waste LE time if you just have google maps and you think you are psychic.

They have been systematically searching open spaces up on that side of the I-25. When I looked through the terrain that's west of the Open Space, my heart sank, because it is quite rugged and there would be so much to search. However, it seems to me that Gannon must be someplace that's accessible by truck. While he may have walked for a while once he got out of the truck, he couldn't have walked all that far and whoever was with him had to be worried about being seen.

Not that the terrain at Spruce Mtn OS looks "easy." It's not. It's just more limited in size that the mountains nearby. I'm guessing that the hiking trails there are popular enough that many locals head out that way on weekends, but I'm wondering whether it's very busy on weekdays. I bet not.
You might be surprised at how busy during weekdays that the trails are around here.

Maybe someone with search dog experience would know, would they take a dog to Gannons room so the dog could get a huge refreshed imprint on Gannon? Isn't 18 days is a long time for a trail to persist ?

Our verified track expert just said upthread that they keep a scented item in a paper bag to re-scent the dog. No need to have the dog go to Gannon's room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member