Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
ME TOO!!

And after watching this preview of Dateline, I'm a little disappointed. I hope we get some real NEW news. Not just another Dr. OZ sum up of everything we already know.

Well doesn't the preview promise to reveal another connected death that we are currently unaware of? It said something to the effect of "now another insider is dead" or something like that.

ETA2: Y'all might want to unlike this post after I make this next edit. What I just realized is this: Things are being loaded to the storage unit from the Rogue and then unloaded from the storage unit to the Rogue because it's easier to load them into the Rogue in a garage attached to the residence, hidden from view, then drive to a location unattached from the residence to unload them. No suspicious activity on camera. They had to have known the unit had cameras. Don't load things on camera that can be seen. This is also why the 4-door Jeep Wrangler with folding rear seats and tinted windows is a better option to haul certain things than a Ford F-150. The bed of the truck is open to view of people and cameras. The only reason in this case to haul things hidden from view and cameras is obvious. So. The Wrangler wheel and seat are removed from the vehicle on Oct 1 within the garage at the townhome and loaded into Lori's Nissan. They move those to the storage unit so no questions will be asked. They load something within the garage at the townhome and wherever that 2012 Wrangler is driven on Oct 1-3 will be the route along which the Jeep will be unloaded. They return Oct 3rd to the storage unit and remove the wheel and seat to replace onto the Jeep again within the garage, so that the Jeep is never on the surveillance of the storage unit, and they can take as much time as necessary to first remove the seat and wheel and then replace the seat and wheel. LE please prove me wrong!
BBM. Why Oct 1 and not Oct 2? We learned that Lori visited the storage alone on Oct 1, presumably in her Rogue, therefore the seat could have been moved to the storage on Oct 2. If it was removed from the Wrangler on Oct 1, where was it kept overnight not to draw suspicion?

BBM. Why Oct 1 and not Oct 2? We learned that Lori visited the storage alone on Oct 1, presumably in her Rogue, therefore the seat could have been moved to the storage on Oct 2. If it was removed from the Wrangler on Oct 1, where was it kept overnight not to draw suspicion?
Yes, I meant Oct 2nd was when it was stored in the storage unit. I'm guessing night on Oct 1st or if the clip showing rolling in the tire is 9:14 a.m. then yes, Oct 2nd makes sense.

Attachments

• rolling wheel in 9-14-am.png
    rolling wheel in 9-14-am.png
    324.5 KB · Views: 15
So, I've been puzzling something about the storage unit footage.
Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit in Rexburg full of children's items | East Idaho News
So, again, why remove the seat from the 2012 Wrangler? It was a 4-door. The rear seats in the Wrangler Unlimited fold down. Why remove them? Below are both the configuration of the rear seats, and a view of how to fold them. Surely it's possible to remove them but I don't think that's likely.

ETA2: Y'all might want to unlike this post after I make this next edit. What I just realized is this: Things are being loaded to the storage unit from the Rogue and then unloaded from the storage unit to the Rogue because it's easier to load them into the Rogue in a garage attached to the residence, hidden from view, then drive to a location unattached from the residence to unload them. No suspicious activity on camera. They had to have known the unit had cameras. Don't load things on camera that can be seen. This is also why the 4-door Jeep Wrangler with folding rear seats and tinted windows is a better option to haul certain things than a Ford F-150. The bed of the truck is open to view of people and cameras. The only reason in this case to haul things hidden from view and cameras is obvious. So. The Wrangler wheel and seat are removed from the vehicle on Oct 1 within the garage at the townhome and loaded into Lori's Nissan. They move those to the storage unit so no questions will be asked. They load something within the garage at the townhome and wherever that 2012 Wrangler is driven on Oct 1-3 will be the route along which the Jeep will be unloaded. They return Oct 3rd to the storage unit and remove the wheel and seat to replace onto the Jeep again within the garage, so that the Jeep is never on the surveillance of the storage unit, and they can take as much time as necessary to first remove the seat and wheel and then replace the seat and wheel. LE please prove me wrong!
RSBM
We used to own a 2012 Jeep Wrangler unlimited with four doors. We used to call it our “truck” because we were able to haul all kind of things in it even with the back seat just folded down let alone with it taken out. Heavy pavers, furniture, and even used it as a “bed” in the back when camping in Rexburg in the winter. I hate to type it but if there were any moving of bodies I think it easily could have been done in the Jeep and the 4x4 on it would definitely be a bonus. We took it all kinds of places in the outdoors of Idaho with no problem. Also as you said the tinted windows would make it so nobody driving by or seeing it would have been the wiser. Really hate to have to talk about this but I think you and LE could be right on about focusing on that Jeep. MOO

So, I've been puzzling something about the storage unit footage.
Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit in Rexburg full of children's items | East Idaho News
First, I'm convinced the "heavy tote" with something hanging out (0:54 in the clip) is actually the rear seat from the 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited registered to CV, LE asked me about. The wheel carried out (1:01 in the clip) is the spare from the same vehicle. It's rolled in at 1:26 in the clip which looks to be an editing choice to show they are moving things in and then moving out later. I think this actually took place before because these times we are told are the only times Lori and the man (Alex) are together at the unit, and the 2019 Nissan Rogue is parked forward as he is rolling in the wheel from when carrying out the wheel.

So, what I've been puzzling is this: Why remove the spare tire and rear seat from the vehicle, only to put it back in? We've speculated about the use of the Jeep in the timeline of events. Was it for ease of shooting at BB in Gilbert? No. That was a Grey-Green 2016 Jeep Cherokee (Per PI statement, my convo with LE, and CV's vehicles registered to Houston address). Then we have the conflict of Alex in storage unit on Oct 2 and the impossibility for his travel to shoot at BB at 9:15 and be in Rexburg at 1:18 same day (please see other threads).
Could it have been from the 2018 Jeep Wrangler in AZ? Yes, but why remove it at all, haul it to Idaho, store it for a day, and then return it to AZ to be in the photo when MB was being observed by the PI? I think this makes the least sense, it's possible, but I doubt it. There's no explanation of why.

So, again, why remove the seat from the 2012 Wrangler? It was a 4-door. The rear seats in the Wrangler Unlimited fold down. Why remove them? Below are both the configuration of the rear seats, and a view of how to fold them. Surely it's possible to remove them but I don't think that's likely.

Here's an idea I just had, what if the rear seat was rear-facing (like the 3rd image attached)? If that was JJ's preferred seat, he would have wanted everything the same including if he had previously ridden with the spare tire in view out the back window he would have wanted that in place for any trip in that same vehicle. Removed the tire and seat to load or carry something, put it back the next day so JJ would be content riding in the seat. Is this a remote possibility? I still don't see why anything would be needed to load in the Jeep when Alex has his larger truck bed. But, I'm trying to figure out why remove the spare tire and seat from the Wrangler.

ETA: And why are the wheel and seat being loaded into and from the Nissan Rogue? Where's the Wrangler?

Are any of the regular tires for the known vehicles in this case compatible with one another? Many vehicles have those donut spares under the rear cargo area while the Wrangler has a full size spare tire on the back. We have been assuming that the tire put into storage came off the back of the Wrangler due to the size (it's too big to be a donut spare IMO) but what if it is a regular sized tire from another vehicle? I don't know where I'm going with this thought... just brainstorming.

Also, I browsed some Jeep owner forums for ideas on why people take their spare tire off the back (this is called "deleting" the spare/using a "delete kit"). Some reasons given:

1. Cost to replace the spare. The 37" tire and bumper/tire holder can cost about $900- $1000.

2. Much easier to open the tailgate without the tire there; Convenience for frequent loading and unloading items in the back.

3. Easier to see out the back window, no tire partially blocking the view. (Also someone mentioned they had to remove the tire for a shorter person of around 5' tall to be able to see out the rear window).

4. Only need a spare to go "off roading" and usually a can of fix-a-flat is good enough for in town or HWY driving.

5. License plate location preference/prefer the look without tire.

6. Easier to clean the back of the Jeep.

7. Removing the tire reduces the overall weight of the vehicle and increases gas mileage.

8. Reduces air drag on the HWY, also increasing gas mileage.

9. Removing the spare allows for a bike rack or other type of cargo carrier to fit there.

10. Easier to tow a boat or trailer without the spare (similar to #9).

11. Spare tire is too heavy for some people to lift (it's about 96 lbs); Some owners said they left it off due to not being able to lift it to put it back on after removal OR not being able to remove it to change the tire in the event of a flat (these people either have AAA or carry fix-a-flat).

Despite all these reasons, most Jeep owners posted that they prefer to have the spare on the back. MOO.

Yes, I meant Oct 2nd was when it was stored in the storage unit. I'm guessing night on Oct 1st or if the clip showing rolling in the tire is 9:14 a.m. then yes, Oct 2nd makes sense.
BBM. I think 9:14 is 9 minutes and 14 seconds (only the last three digits are visible). On the other part of the surveillance video from Oct 2nd the timestamp starts at 13:28:12.

RSBM

I realise it's probably just me because everyone else seems to understand, but I really would like to be able to understand this and I've read it several times and it's not sinking in. Is there another way you could explain it please?

What I'm not understanding is -

What difference does it make if the Jeep isn't seen on camera at the storage unit but the items they unload from the Nissan to the storage unit are on camera?

What if there are closer cameras outside in the loading/unloading area?

Why not leave the seat and tire in the house garage?

They move the seat and wheel so no questions will be asked. Questions asked when and about what exactly?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean if they used the Jeep to dispose of the children they as the adults using the Jeep won't be seen on camera at the unit associated with the Jeep?

Last edited:
Big thank you to @Jethro4WS for making that detailed post in the last thread. Clears up a lot of questions. I appreciate you took the time to do that.

For those saying taking kids out of school to make them disappear doesn't happen, of course it doesn't happen often. It is not the norm. But it clearly does happen, though rare. It happened in this case and it happens in other cases too. It is not legal to isolate and abuse your kids while giving them zero education, but the problem lies with a lack of enforcement, which can lead parents to getting away with it when the situation happens.

This is not bashing Idaho and it's not bashing homeschooling because these problems are in every state, and of course there are plenty of abused children in public/private education too. However, we cannot ignore that preliminary data does show there are higher rates of abuse in the homeschooling community vs the public education system [Sources: HIC, CRHE, CWIG, NCES - all organizations that can be easily looked up] . This is not yet conclusive, so take it with a grain of salt, but it's still something to look deeper into and think about. Another study done by pediatricians in 2014 found that 47% of school-aged victims of child torture were removed from school to be "homeschooled" after a welfare report was made against them. [Source: Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma.]

For this case, homeschooling plays a small part. Certain proposed homeschooling regulations wouldn't have necessarily prevented this case specifically. It could prevent other cases talked about on WebSleuths. For as many people who like to ask, "How could this happen?" the same people will not advocate for stronger laws. In West Virginia, there is currently a law attempting to pass to prevent people who had a domestic abuse conviction and/or an open CPS investigation from homeschooling. As soon as it was announced, many people spoke out against the law (which in fact was proposed as a direct reaction to the death of Raylee Browning - I guess when people say, "Do something!" they don't actually want to do something).

*Additionally, for emphasis: The homeschooling community as a whole is not abusive. The argument being made is abusive people seeing the holes in state educational laws and using them to their advantage. They give a bad name to the majority of homeschooling families who are normal, well-intentioned people. This happens in every state and not only Idaho.*

MOO.

RSBM

I realise it's probably just me because everyone else seems to understand, but I really would like to be able to understand this and I've read it several times and it's not sinking in. Is there another way you could explain it please?

What I'm not understanding is -

What difference does it make if the Jeep isn't seen on camera at the storage unit but the items they unload from the Nissan to the storage unit are on camera?

Why not leave the seat and tire in the house garage?

They move the seat and wheel so no questions will be asked. Questions asked when and about what exactly?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean if they used the Jeep to dispose of the children they as the adults using the Jeep won't be seen on camera at the unit associated with the Jeep?

The Jeep with the back empty can be driven into the garage of the townhouse and the garage door closed. Then it can be loaded with whatever and the loading won't be on any camera--when they drive out, nothing can be seen.

The Jeep with the back empty can be driven into the garage of the townhouse and the garage door closed. Then it can be loaded with whatever and the loading won't be on any camera--when they drive out, nothing can be seen.
But why take the seat and tire to the storage on camera, instead of leaving it in the garage not on camera?

I still don't get the point of not using the Jeep at the unit, but using the Nissan.

This site is virtually unusable again, like last night.

According to Kay in the preview below, on Nov 26, when the police did a welfare check at Lori's home in Rexburg, Alex answered the door and told them that JJ was with his grandparents in Lousiana, to which LE responded that it was the grandparents who called them in. Later Lori told the police another false story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedWriter