Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the link - why are they waiting until Saturday to do the autopsy's?

I apologize in advance for the ghoulishness of this reply:

They sometimes wait a couple of days after death to allow the body to go through rigor mortis (the full process takes approx. 24 hour post-mortem: body starts normal, approx 12 hours later the body is in full rigor and then approx 12 hours after that the body comes out of rigor). Letting the body go through rigor-mortis makes for an easier autopsy later.

Keep coming back to how the police found evidence that immediately led them back to the woods to find Faye. I don't assume it led them to the specific PART of the woods, but just to the wooded area in general. That's not a huge wooded area, so they found her quickly. I'm thinking if the killer threw away items of Faye's, he might also have thrown away a shovel or anything else he wouldn't want police to find in his abode. Maybe the perp's shoes covered in mud and debris? Whatever it was, they immediately thought Faye was in the woods. The police specifically mentioned Faye's items because that's what proves the link, but that doesn't mean this is all they found. I'll be curious to see what comes out.

ADMIN NOTE:

CT has NOT been officially named a POI or suspect by LE. The investigation is ongoing. MOD and/or COD will be crucial in determining whether CT is the perp and whether anyone else is involved. How can we make this any more clear?

from the presser transcript provided upthread by Johnny Chicago (Thank You !!)

[...]Yes ma'am, so I just I want to clarify we do still have an open investigation that right now what we are looking at is just what i gave you, but because we don't have any suspects now, we want to make sure there's not anyone else involved in The Disappearance of Faye Marie Swetlik [...]

Please read The Rules and do not continue to question this on the thread. If you have a question about moderation or The Rules, use the Report feature on a post to ask and a Mod or Admin will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks.

I can't catch up with every post, sorry. Has there been any medical examiner info about Faye's time of death? I know they haven't released the man's TOD. I would hate, hate to think that she was kept alive for those three days because I'm sure she would have been brutalized during that time. JMO and I know this man is not yet necessarily the suspect.

I've lived all my life in a NYC apartment. I don't have a front yard. My daughter is 38 now, and my grandkids are 15, 7 and 5. I never took my eyes off any of them in the playground, store or anywhere. Etan Patz changed everything here, because my sister and I went everywhere in our Manhattan neighborhood when we were young, without parents. Adam Walsh, too. He died when I was pregnant and so I learned from that to never take my eyes off in any setting.

My sister does have a big suburban home and never left her daughter without supervision, even when she was riding her bike on the block or playing in the front or back yards. This is also post-Etan Patz. I'm assuming it's different in a rural town? Where you know everyone, maybe? Not blaming the mother! Just trying to understand the culture of allowing small children to play in the yard for an hour without an adult sitting outside. I know I've been a helicopter parent, which also has negative aspects, but it's my fear of the one instant like this that formed me this way. To reiterate, my heart dies for the family and I am not casting aspersions, just trying to understand cultural or regional differences.

Makes me sad that it even has to be discussed that a small child could play in front of her home and have that be the thing that leads to her death.

I live in a moderately safe place, where I'd think kids could play out front like I did, but I not only think it's not the case now, I think it's never been. We were just lucky. I listen to too many podcasts to think that Johnny Gosch was safer than I was or that I was safer than Faye was.

I'm glad my mom could try to do all the things moms need to do in that small amount of time we were being kids outside, but I don't think I was safer than any other kid ever :(.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but I keep reading that police previously talked to him and searched his home. One news agency has even reported that, but what I heard a the press conference was that they had just "been in his home." That could just be, "knock, knock; hello, sir, we're in the neighborhood looking for a missing girl, may we come in and talk to you? great, thanks," steps inside and asks questions and leaves. No search. I know we get tied up in knots about whether it's a quote from LE or an interpretation by media, and I think this is one of those cases. Maybe I heard (*or remember) wrong.

I apologize in advance for the ghoulishness of this reply:

They sometimes wait a couple of days after death to allow the body to go through rigor mortis (the full process takes approx. 24 hour post-mortem: body starts normal, approx 12 hours later the body is in full rigor and then approx 12 hours after that the body comes out of rigor). Letting the body go through rigor-mortis makes for an easier autopsy later.

If this were the case then the time of death would be later in the week for both parties, correct?

Keep coming back to how the police found evidence that immediately led them back to the woods to find Faye. I don't assume it led them to the specific PART of the woods, but just to the wooded area in general. That's not a huge wooded area, so they found her quickly. I'm thinking if the killer threw away items of Faye's, he might also have thrown away a shovel or anything else he wouldn't want police to find in his abode. Maybe the perp's shoes covered in mud and debris? Whatever it was, they immediately thought Faye was in the woods. The police specifically mentioned Faye's items because that's what proves the link, but that doesn't mean this is all they found. I'll be curious to see what comes out.
They found critical evidence in the trash bin. A wooded area is near the trash bin, seems logical to me that you would search that area. I don’t think you need a flashing red sign pointing to the wooded area to make a connection. LE went ahead and checked the wooded area after finding evidence in nearby trash bin.

I can't catch up with every post, sorry. Has there been any medical examiner info about Faye's time of death? I know they haven't released the man's TOD. I would hate, hate to think that she was kept alive for those three days because I'm sure she would have been brutalized during that time. JMO and I know this man is not yet necessarily the suspect.

I've lived all my life in a NYC apartment. I don't have a front yard. My daughter is 38 now, and my grandkids are 15, 7 and 5. I never took my eyes off any of them in the playground, store or anywhere. Etan Patz changed everything here, because my sister and I went everywhere in our Manhattan neighborhood when we were young, without parents. Adam Walsh, too. He died when I was pregnant and so I learned from that to never take my eyes off in any setting.

My sister does have a big suburban home and never left her daughter without supervision, even when she was riding her bike on the block or playing in the front or back yards. This is also post-Etan Patz. I'm assuming it's different in a rural town? Where you know everyone, maybe? Not blaming the mother! Just trying to understand the culture of allowing small children to play in the yard for an hour without an adult sitting outside. I know I've been a helicopter parent, which also has negative aspects, but it's my fear of the one instant like this that formed me this way. To reiterate, my heart dies for the family and I am not casting aspersions, just trying to understand cultural or regional differences.
I live about a hour away from Cayce and my neighborhood is single family homes suburbs not townhomes. Either way, we basically all parent (feed and watch out for) any kid in the neighborhood you see around. We let them ride bikes all over, build forts, and play in the creek mostly unsupervised. There is always some trusted adult nearby. I’ll admit when Faye was abducted this week, I’ve kept a tighter rein. We’re lulled into feeling safe.

I wonder if they will do computer forensics on his computer, tv and wireless devices. Much can be gleaned about a person just from checking their history. they would know immediately that I read WebSlueths and watch the ID channel. ;)
Of course they will. They will go over everything of his with a fine tooth comb.

They found critical evidence in the trash bin. A wooded area is near the trash bin, seems logical to me that you would search that area. I don’t think you need a flashing red sign pointing to the wooded area to make a connection. LE went ahead and checked the wooded area after finding evidence in nearby trash bin.

Well, the police said the evidence specifically led them to the woods. Finding a boot or a shirt wouldn't necessarily lead you to specifically to the woods (rather than say, someone's closet where a body might be stashed temporarily) -- especially if they'd already extensively searched the woods. Fresh mud on a perfectly good pair of shoes thrown in the trash would send you straight to the woods, though.

^^sbm

It was reported that autopsies will be conducted on 2/15/20.

Just trying to understand the culture of allowing small children to play in the yard for an hour without an adult sitting outside.
^^sbm

Also reported that Churchill Heights is a neighborhood with many children and typical for them to walk to/from school, play outside, and a place where parents feel safe allowing their kids to trick-or-treat. It was not unusual for an adult not to be present at all times. during outdoor play. Having also grown up in a neighborhood with this type of freedom, I'm shattered for this family and community. MOO

Adam Myrick‏ @AdamThePIO
The man found dead in Churchill Heights, Coty Taylor, was interviewed by law enforcement officers during the search for Faye Swetlik, according to @Cayce_DPS @antleyevan. Officers also searched Taylor’s home as part of their work inside the subdivision earlier this week.

11:35 AM - 14 Feb 2020

Adam Myrick‏ @AdamThePIO
Antley says male who was found dead in Churchill Heights lived near Faye Swetlik. Autopsy on male body expected tomorrow.

9:06 AM - 14 Feb 2020

Well, the police said the evidence specifically led them to the woods. Finding a boot or a shirt wouldn't necessarily lead you to specifically to the woods (rather than say, someone's closet where a body might be stashed temporarily) -- especially if they'd already extensively searched the woods. Fresh mud on a perfectly good pair of shoes thrown in the trash would send you straight to the woods, though.
That’s just it. I think the fact that evidence was found at all, led them to search nearby woods. We will get our answers soon.

Many many years ago a child in my neighborhood disappeared. Once the body was found they realized he'd been hit by a car. The person who was driving had been drinking and (obviously IMO) made the horrible choice to hide his body rather than call 911. What if something like this happened? Not sure it wouldn't have been witnessed in the neighborhood. Just thinking about scenarios. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member