Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest question to me, now, is what are they still looking for, ie helicopters , and asking the public for any information re his whereabouts after 3:44, IIRC the officer was that precise. What could they still be looking for, unless it's videos of the actual abduction to wrap it all up.

Last edited:
I'm behind in posts but this really caught my attention.
... why?
Why would he have moved her out there?
Why not just leave her in the house if you're planning to do yourself in?
I agree that's possible. Putting evidence in his own wheelie bin? I mean. He was reportedly a clever guy so that just doesn't jibe.
But then Donald Smith took Cherish knowing there would be hours of CCTV footage of him with her and walking out of Walmart with her, and seemed to make very little effort to hide what he'd done afterwards. Perps sometimes dont even care about their own lives I guess.
I remember Cherish Periwinkle murder. So many blamed mom and thought she sold her child for gift car/money. People can be so cruel to a grieving parent. I just need evidence before I am convinced of guilt because if CT killed little FS why would he put her in woods and then kill himself at home. I think he was framed by someone else and then saw no way out. Could also be more than one killer. Why was no scream heard when child was abducted? Perhaps more than one person involved. Not ruling out anyone.

I'm guessing when backed into a corner, so to speak, it was better to risk putting it in his trash that would be taken away quickly and possibly not searched at all, than risk something being found in his house or being caught walking with it to put it in someone else's bin. Of course, assuming he was responsible in any way.

But why put it in the trash at all? The police had already searched his house...why not just keep it and hide it?

True - what if it was the roommate and not the deceased? The forensics will tell us tomorrow.
I wonder also how they would link someone to a case where there is more than one occupant in a dwelling. Possibly if everyone but one was gone during that time?
I'm sure LE has to figure out too if the item(s) found in the trash was already in the trash can prior to coming outdoors or if the garbage can had been left out all night and not monitored in which case anyone could have placed it there.

Another idea is that he wanted to remove her body from his apt because he was so disgusted with himself for what he had done that he couldn't bear to leave her in his space, the presence of her body was a glaring sign, screaming at him "LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!" So he removed her and then killed himself out of self disgust.

IMO that's applying a level of self consciousness that someone who killed a baby would not have. Guilt or self disgust isn't usually an emotion that people who can do this sort of thing feel (again IMO)

I have a feeling that when CT's manner of death is announced, it will be by hanging.
If he was freaking, I think he needed to do something fast and using something easily available in his home.
I've not heard anything about a gunshot being heard...if he had one at all. That of course is another option for killing oneself quickly.
imo

IIRC, in the released 911 call the operator tells the mom they have a officer and K9 on the way. She was instructed to stay put, at the PLS of her daughter and wait.

We also don’t know what dogs did or did not track. I could also speculate maybe that’s exactly why they kept the search area small & really contained as they did. Speculation & my opinion only.

IMO that's applying a level of self consciousness that someone who killed a baby would not have. Guilt or self disgust isn't usually an emotion that people who can do this sort of thing feel (again IMO)

I understand what you're saying but attempting to paint these people with that sort of broad brush is dangerous. All humans have the ability to experience emotions (psychopaths notwithstanding), you don't know what was in his mind, you have no idea what he may have been feeling or thinking. Not all killers are monsters. I know that isn't a popular opinion on WS but it's the fact of the matter.

But why put it in the trash at all? The police had already searched his house...why not just keep it and hide it?
1) IMO, putting the evidence in the trash bin was an accident.
I assume she was carried in a 'bag' from a back door into the woods. The item (boot?) Fell off her foot back into the bag when she was placed in the woods. By the time the perp noticed it, it was too late to go back.
2) The perp placed other household trash along with the 'item' in the bag and put it all in the bin.
3) The apartment may have been previously searched, but NOT searched with a warrant (dogs + going through everything).
JMO

SC Supreme: Autopsy reports not public
JEFFREY COLLINS | ASSOCIATED PRESS
9:37 p.m. EDT July 16, 2014
COLUMBIA – The South Carolina Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that autopsy reports aren’t public records, dealing another blow to traditional practices under the state’s Freedom of Information law.

The justices ruled 4-1 that autopsies are medical records and fall under privacy provisions of the open records law.

SC Supreme: Autopsy reports not public

I understand what you're saying but attempting to paint these people with that sort of broad brush is dangerous. All humans have the ability to experience emotions (psychopaths notwithstanding), you don't know what was in his mind, you have no idea what he may have been feeling or thinking. Not all killers are monsters. I know that isn't a popular opinion on WS but it's the fact of the matter.
Not all killers are monsters, but no one will ever convince me that a child murderer is anything but a monster.

She was an innocent child playing outside, and likely didn’t have a care in the world. Her last moments would have been filled with unimaginable terror and pain, while this guy was concerned with his own gratification.

I see no harm in calling this type of killer what he is. A monster.

Fellow Sleuthers.....

I've been seeing A LOT of sleuthing type info about CT appearing here: photos, details of his life, his high school history, etc. This is sleuthing CT after the mods have clearly and repetitively said: DO NOT SLEUTH CT. This is the kind of thing that will get a thread locked down...lets not get the thread locked by posting banned info. I know a lot of you want to dive into his background but until he is formally named a suspect it's not permitted.

And trust me, you don't want SillyBilly coming back in here...
The photos, details of his life, and high school history were all published in MSM. That is not the same as sleuthing him. When we are digging into his personal life and posting his Facebook account, property records, court records etc. - that is what is not allowed. MOO

I will not be surprised at all when the truth comes out - criminals make mistakes I’ve been following crimes for a very long time and it’s the one thing we can count on - IMO

Caroline Hecker on Twitter
Signing off social media for the weekend. I’ll leave you with this. What an outpouring of love from our community to the Swetlik family. Fly high, Faye. @wis10
EQxrCWTXsAAMoAY.jpg

7:21 PM - 14 Feb 2020

Renée Wunderlich on Twitter
Down the street from where she lived and where her body was found, a community memorial grows to honor Faye Marie Swetlik #PrayforFaye #scnews @wyffnews4 @Cayce_DPS
EQxk_RoWsAA9VjZ.jpg

EQxk_RnXYAEQTPy.jpg

EQxk_TBW4AIrlh7.jpg

6:55 PM - 14 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors