Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks very far to me, and letting a 6 year old off on a 4 lane highway, don't know.....someone would have to collect her from/take her to the bus twice a day....
I'm just going by what was first reported. I thought it was described as a short walk to her house and I don't remember any mention of a highway. I'm not sure what you are looking at. I did not view any maps. It sounded like her home was just a short distance to the bus stop.

Our bus stop is over a mile away and parents have to drive twice a day so maybe that's what her mom did. I doubt she walked alone. Jmo

This is kind of a weird case, the fact that this man seems, I don’t know “normal” and no prior criminal activity? Looking at the photo of his place of residence vs hers, I am speculating that he had seen this child before many times. They lived so close together, he must have been aware she lived right there. It is almost unbelievable to think she was taken in such a short window in broad daylight, but alas...I believe he seized the opportunity to do so.

Side note, a couple people have been talking about letting their kids roam free in rural areas. I also live in a small town with not much going on. Personally, I don’t trust anyone when it comes to my kids outside of a small trusted circle. It’s probably because I read about these cases. But it’s always painful to me, reading about kids like Faye. So I never let them go places where I cannot see. I know that’s overbearing to some. The image of dear Faye lying in the woods is just.... too much to bear, as a mom to a little one myself. I believe her mother did her best though and the fault lies with the beast who did this. But it serves as a grim reminder, we do not know who is around the corner.

My Opinion Only! He had been thinking about this a long time but never had the opportunity come up and when it did he took it.

I've thought that too. It's just you'd think that if this was something the murderer wanted to do for a long time he would have thought this out better, and not so close to home. But I'm sure no one is thinking straight that is like that anyways.. I'm trying to apply reason to something that can't be explained

I'm just going by what was first reported. I thought it was described as a short walk to her house and I don't remember any mention of a highway. I'm not sure what you are looking at. I did not view any maps, I'm just going by what was described. It sounded like her home was just a short distance to the bus stop.

Our bus stop is over a mile away and parents have to drive twice a day so maybe that's what her mom did. I doubt she walked alone. Jmo
Remember: The very early reports mentioned another mom SAW Faye's mom pick her up from the bus stop. Faye did not walk home alone from the bus.

She got off the bus, met her mom, walked home with her mom, entered the home with her mom, and then went outside to play.

jmo

Post # 245 about bus schedule from hotsytotsy on Tuesday :

(there does appear to be school district bus service, my original search must have been wonky)
Page 5 here shows a pickup time at Londonderry Lane heading for Springdale Elementary on a specific bus/route.
Page 6 shows a drop off at Londonderry on a specific bus/route.
JMO MOO
Springdale to Davis Bus Times.pdf
ETA: .pdf file states “Londonberry” with a b, which I believe is a typo

Found Deceased - SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020
Thanks for posting that. The bus stops at 2218 Londonderry Lane which is just around the corner from her house, 3-4 houses away. I see it on google earth. At 6:28 in the morning, presumably let her out at the same place in the afternoon. I know she's no longer with us, but I just couldn't believe a little kid like that having to walk so far from a large highway, through other neighborhoods twice a day 5 times a week, in the rain, traffic, and everything else.

K but isn't this considered sleuthing CT?
Lmborofl... I thought that but she’s not sleuthing, she’s giving information about a victim. I could show you the difference but my posts got deleted lol. I had to look it up to figure out what I was doing wrong!
Sleuth: someone who discovers informationabout crimes
There is no crime mentioned in that information.

Right!! Seems a long way for a 6 year old to walk.

Don’t know if it’s a S.C. State thing or managed by school district, but in my district K5 and 1st graders have to be retrieved from the bus stop by adult with numbered pass that matched number on child’s backpack. 2nd grade and up can walk from bus alone here but not 1st graders.

People mentioning that it’s odd that the deceased man has no priors makes me think about how, nowadays, the typical escalation that you see of criminal activity can happen entirely online. IMO of course and this is pure speculation but I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if this guys hardrive will have all the explanation anyone needs as to how he got to this level of depravity.

I'm trying to attach the two pictures we have seen so far of CT, those that were posted by MSM. I hope it comes out right. My question is, does anyone think these look like two entirely different people? I know one is from high school and the other one seems to be undated, but looks older than high school. However, it just doesn't look to me like the same person, just older and with changes in hairstyle, weight and so on. To me, the eye color, chin, nose look like different people. Does anyone know more or can clarify?

Definitely look the same to me.

Remember: The very early reports mentioned another mom SAW Faye's mom pick her up from the bus stop. Faye did not walk home alone from the bus.

She got off the bus, met her mom, walked home with her mom, entered the home with her mom, and then went outside to play.

jmo
Yes, that's why I'm assuming that was the regular routine. The OP mentioned that it was a long walk for a child that age. I don't know the exact distance but I'm assuming it was under a mile. I thought the bus dropped her off right near her house. Jmo

Last edited:
Why does it matter how far away her bus stop is? She was taken from her front yard after getting safely home. Mere feet from her front door. The whole “oh how could anyone let a little girl walk that far alone??” thing is irrelevant and, imo, disrespectful to the grieving mother.

Last edited:
The biggest question to me, now, is what are they still looking for, ie helicopters , and asking the public for any information re his whereabouts after 3:44, IIRC the officer was that precise. What could they still be looking for, unless it's videos of the actual abduction to wrap it all up.

Where did you see them asking for more information on his whereabouts at?

Does anyone else think a 3rd party might be involved? The circumstances seem weird to me, that or whoever the murderer is, isn't very smart.
Personally I think the “weirdness” comes from the differences in police investigations. The LEO that are handling this case are excellent examples of how all criminal cases should be handled. I think many of us are just used to a different type of investigative process. These guys are thorough, detailed, very respectful and considerate of public and family. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a group of officers so well trained and efficient. They just continually amaze me.

Why does it matter how far away her bus stop is? She was taken from her front yard after getting home. Mere feet from her front door. The whole “oh how could anyone let a little girl walk that far alone??” is irrelevant and, imo, disrespectful to the grieving mother.
I NEVER mentioned or implied she had to walk alone. NEVER. I thought the diagram had to be incorrect, and turns out that it was. I was commenting on a diagram someone posted, and my posts show no disrespect to anyone at all. I think it is too far to walk even with 10 other people, for a 6 year old.

I got an idea....why not criticize me for things I actually say instead of making it up.

I'm trying to attach the two pictures we have seen so far of CT, those that were posted by MSM. I hope it comes out right. My question is, does anyone think these look like two entirely different people? I know one is from high school and the other one seems to be undated, but looks older than high school. However, it just doesn't look to me like the same person, just older and with changes in hairstyle, weight and so on. To me, the eye color, chin, nose look like different people. Does anyone know more or can clarify?

I think the open mouth smile makes the biggest difference, but it also looks like he's lost some weight or at least the more youthful facial shape. I think the darker photo also enhances some shadows and makes certain facial features more distinct than they would be with a well-lit photo. Also likely the difference in cameras (cell vs DSLR) and positioning.

"Taylor and Faye’s homes were less than 150 feet apart, but he was not a relative or friend, according to The State newspaper."

WOW! I didn't realize that the back of the property at 602 Piccadilly was that close to the wooded area. I don't imagine it would've been difficult at all to move her body to those woods in the dead of night. Now I know what led them to search that specific location in the woods --- it was RIGHT there.

I think you meant to reply to @Luckykimbo there. @oviedo has been here many years.
I wanted to reply directly to TristanP but cant find their original post to say Thank You ever so much as it is VERY helpful. I NEVER take anything on Facebook (or other social media) as gospel & double check for authenticity. When talking & sharing about such serious & important issues I believe being thoughtful, careful, respectful & intelligent is the only way to approach them. So far this is a great site - and I've already saved the WS podcasts on my Stitcher acct. ✌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa