Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, was wondering if someone could help me report things going wrong with my websleuths. Im on an android. A million double post, when i try and watch posts, it wont save it even though it says it's watching. Ive been here for awhile, but still have lots of trouble navigating. Thanks!

Reporters who use a “breaking news” graphic and provide false hope with tales of “rapid developments” expected and get my heart racing should have to eat spoiled fish for dinner for a year. And then learn what responsible reporting entails.
I hope they stub their toe every single time they walk by a table...

Sheriff's Office Update on the Gannon Stauch Case

I may be overthinking, but the wording.....

Snip's from yesterday's SO update

The goal remains to find Gannon and bring him home safely.

The Sheriff's Office has received 465 tips to date. These tips include possible sightings, search suggestions, social media related information, suspicious activity, found property/possible evidence and video/photo/drone evidence.

When I saw the word "safely" it didn't make me think they meant alive because they didn't say alive. That's why I hoped I wasn't over thinking things. I'll be waiting to see if LE refers to him as alive in the future as they have in past interviews. Next up, I saw video, photo and drone evidence, and found property. New leads? Like they had all that now and were following where it was leading them. Which, to put it bluntly, is digging in the snow.

Good on you for this statement and sticking to it.

IMO, it’s crucial that LE trust the SAR teams that they call on. There’s a reason some get called more than others -TRUST. I could rant for days....

In criminal investigations, yes. Most searches are not criminal - and most Sheriff's departments do have their favorites (depending on what's happening) unless they only have immediate response from whoever is around (as in the Eastern Sierra). In many missing persons cases, the searches by private individuals (volunteers, often with quite a bit of training) will go on for...even decades.

At any rate, while not technically a criminal investigation, it's operating very much as one.

The “drone evidence” isn’t real, or isn’t what people think it is.

A drone operator would have been able to get closer and not take a blurry image, and had they done so, could have easily given LE the exact location. Such as when the drone operator guided SAR to the boy and his dog who got lost in the woods this past winter.

In other words, if the drone rumor was real, the search would be OVER now. As it stands, it’s just another way social media is making LE’s job 1000 times harder.

If you’re on one of the trashier social media groups, please do LE a favor and don’t spread that nonsense around.

1. Hey there WS family :) Just checking in and trying to catch up. Decided to not look at any News or FB or Twitter or Google Maps or You Tube - or anything today. Just a small look at the news and it does not seem anything was found today. How is everyone holding up ???

1. Hey there WS family :) Just checking in and trying to catch up. Decided to not look at any News or FB or Twitter or Google Maps or You Tube - or anything today. Just a small look at the news and it does not seem anything was found today. How is everyone holding up ???

I cried just driving home today, looking at the mountains, fields and ditches all around me (not in CO), thinking of all the places that sweet little boy could be. Today is bittersweet.

Holding my babies tight and wishing LH and AS could do the same. I was really hoping today would be the day we find Gannon. Praying tomorrow is the day Gannon comes home.

Reporters who use a “breaking news” graphic and provide false hope with tales of “rapid developments” expected and get my heart racing should have to eat spoiled fish for dinner for a year. And then learn what responsible reporting entails.
I understand the media are staged at least a mile away from the searchers. It would be difficult for them to see anything

Ok sorry WS friends I was going back to posts I missed to see what possible significance was being searched, and against my better judgment, looked More into that reporters twitter feed than I should have. I have deleted my post. A reminder to me why I don’t follow Social Media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288