Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the "search" of the man's house:

Unless I completely misunderstood, the officer at the presser didn't say the house was searched.

He said they were in the house but no mention of a search.

MOO
Yep, that's what Antley said at the press conference but later, the Lexington County Sheriff Captain and PIO tweeted this:

Adam Myrick on Twitter
The man found dead in Churchill Heights, Coty Taylor, was interviewed by law enforcement officers during the search for Faye Swetlik, according to
@Cayce_DPS @antleyevan. Officers also searched Taylor’s home as part of their work inside the subdivision earlier this week.
2:35 PM · Feb 14, 2020

What we seem to know is that he had no arrest history with LE but we really don't know that he had committed no crimes before.

Sweet Faye may have even had this man chat with her before while she was out playing which made her comfortable walking to his home to see his pet or get some candy.

You've probably seen the TV documentaries where children are shown on video talking to strangers and accepting candy while their parents watch remotely.
The children had been counseled repeatedly not to do that but they did without hesitation and the parents were stunned.

Let us hope this heartbreaking tragedy steps up the warnings and makes parents even more vigilant
as it seems the lovely days of free-range children are behind us.

<sbm>

I was thinking about those very same TV documentaries and news reports. Parents who were 100% sure that their children were well-informed and well-trained not to talk to strangers or go off with them anywhere, yet the children do. They're children. They do. I've seen this with news reports also about children who were well-trained not to touch a gun, yet almost all of them went straight for the (unarmed) gun once they were in the room with the one-way mirror. They're children. They do.

Not all killers are monsters.” :eek:
@DAnthrplgst
Please give examples of child killers who are NOT monsters. I might agree if we were discussing the killer of an adult but I don’t agree when the victims are children. You say we don’t know what goes on in his mind? Thank God. But, IMO any mind that believes it is acceptable to kill a child is a very deviant, psychotic and mentally disturbed mind.
Ita.

The person has been named in msm but is there a possibility that someone else killed Faye and left evidence with the deceased male -- after killing him ?
Or is that too far out there ?
What does everyone think ?
I also wondered why she was moved to an area where she hadn't lost her life , and after it was searched ?

This is such a weird crime because if CT kidnapped and killed her, he doesn't have any sort of criminal history, isn't that odd?

Every child predator has a first crime. The Jessica Ridgeway case comes to mind. The person convicted tried once before to abduct a person unsuccessfully before he abducted JR.

It’s always possible a person tried before and failed, or this was the first opportunity they saw and took advantage of, or committed crimes on a smaller scale that were (as of yet) undiscovered.

IMO MOO

I know we r all hungry for info but as of right now, there is not much. BUT hair color?

Perhaps Faye did wonder away...her home is so close to the other townhomes across the street, it doesnt allow for someone to hide & grab her with a car or without. So many windows to b seen from???

Yes you can discuss him because he is named in MSM as the deceased person somehow connected to Faye's case. In what fashion we don't know. So you can discuss what is in MSM about him, just no sleuthing him as a POI/suspect (i.e. details that are not contained in MSM) ... and no direct accusations about him being the perp unless/until LE says so.

Thank you for that clarification. For what it's worth to anyone (and I'm aware that is "not much") I have yet to hear enough facts from LE to go one way or the other on that. It sucks to say this because he is still someone's family but I hope he wasn't another victim. Only because if it turns out he is then that's... Terrifying. That's the only word I can think of. Most people want to believe in "the bad guys getting caught" in cases like these where they need to feel safe. This neighborhood has already been through so very much this week that I really hope it's over. And if it's not I'm worried they're going to need some psychiatrists in that area.

First of all, Faye was a beautiful, precious child & she did not deserve this. May she Rest In Peace.
Off topic but am wondering why a 6 year old had her hair colored red? That was certainly a decision an adult made. She was beautiful with her own hair color. Why was her hair colored such a vibrant red?

A LOT of little girls now want to dye their hair. They have crazy hair day in schools and they will use hair chalks, some convince their parents to let them do it for real. They see celebs with dyed hair, YouTubers and influencers and they want to be like them. It's no big deal as long as it's kid safe, let them express themselves however they want. I worked with kids for a handful of years before going back to school and I went from temporary hair chalk on crazy hair day to full blown rainbow hair a year later. The kids loved it (my hair did not. I'm naturally an ash brown. I bleached it almost to straw and had a pastel rainbow: pink, purple, blue, teal. I did it myself so no olaplex. I didn't even know what olaplex was.) I loved it. It'd still be dyed now except I was trying to grow it out to be healthy again. In this case it's a red, solid and only slightly unnatural... Until you look at Disney. Ariel. Merida. Even Anna kind of (although to be fair she's more strawberry blonde like Faye was naturally). I wonder who Faye's favorite princess was? I love Ariel. Always have. However Merida and Anna are both great strong role models for girls now.

And I've way digressed but those are my thoughts regarding her dyed hair.

Ita.

The person has been named in msm but is there a possibility that someone else killed Faye and left evidence with the deceased male -- after killing him ?
I also wondered why she was moved to an area where she hadn't lost her life , and after it was searched ?

At the presser it seemed the officer was over-emphasizing that there was no person of interest yet no one should be afraid.

Last edited:
Ita.

I have been wondering about similar things. I hope the autopsy will provide confirming information. Until then I am reserving my opinion regarding whether the deceased person committed the crime, was a witness and silenced by the perp, or was served some "frontier justice". Many things about this murder have my hinky meter going off. moo

Believe it or not, it’s actually not as uncommon as you might think. Maybe it’s a southern thing? I’ll never forget when my 14 year old started kindergarten and one of his classmates had pink hair. I was shocked. As the years have gone by though, I’ve realized it’s common. I would say it’s something little miss Faye wanted and really, what’s the harm? I have a 12 year old and we have managed to bypass that stage by me scaring her with horror stories of hair damage from coloring hair, but I personally have no problem with anyone else doing it with their children. We all get one shot at getting this parenting thing right with each individual child we may have and in my experience, parents do what they think is best for whatever reasons and who are we to judge? One way to look at it is, they lived in the here and now and in hindsight, it was the right choice because sweet Faye will never reach the age where it would be considered the social norm to color her hair

Such a lovely point, ColdDayIn. The mom and grandmother will feel regrets forever about that one hour window when Faye was taken but they won't have regrets about the decision to let her have the fun of being a redhead (which makes me think there's probably a Disney Princess costume in her closet.)

I got some great advice at my baby shower in 1971 and it served me well with a daughter and a granddaughter:
"Never say No when Yes will do."

Last edited:
Believe it or not, it’s actually not as uncommon as you might think. Maybe it’s a southern thing? I’ll never forget when my 14 year old started kindergarten and one of his classmates had pink hair. I was shocked. As the years have gone by though, I’ve realized it’s common. I would say it’s something little miss Faye wanted and really, what’s the harm? I have a 12 year old and we have managed to bypass that stage by me scaring her with horror stories of hair damage from coloring hair, but I personally have no problem with anyone else doing it with their children. We all get one shot at getting this parenting thing right with each individual child we may have and in my experience, parents do what they think is best for whatever reasons and who are we to judge? One way to look at it is, they lived in the here and now and in hindsight, it was the right choice because sweet Faye will never reach the age where it would be considered the social norm to color her hair

Well that broke my heart again.

Has any thing been reported concerning the two vehicles LE was interested in? Or are they not significant?
At a press conference at I believe 10:45am Thursday they said they had spoken with the driver of the SUV and it was cleared but they were looking for information on the silver sedan still. However since the 2pm press conference Thursday when they announced her body was found they have not mentioned it again that I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member