OH OH - Asenath 'Seenie' Dukat, 8, Upper Arlington, 3 June 1980

Hi. I am new to this site and I grew up in upper Arlington untill the age of 12. We moved out of state then. The year would have been 1985. Something happened to me that I will never forget and haunts me to this day. In my adult years, I've always been wanting to tell someone, like the police department in Upper Arlington, share with them what happened to me but haven't. First let me say I know nothing about this case I am posting in, I didn't know this girl. but what I have to say may be of some relevance, I don't know. When I started reading what happened to her the street names hit me, I know those street names. I lived off of Leeds Rd, I went to Wickliffe elementary and Jones jr. High. I used to ride my bike all the time, so did my friends. We rode out bikes everywhere. Well one day I was riding my bike down my street alone, it was still light out but getting dark so I want to say it was around dinner time, when I felt the worst feeling in my entire life. And this is no joke, I swear I could feel something evil behind me, and I never knew that feeling or had anything like it before of after this. When I looked back there was a car driving slowly behind me. They would not pass me, they stayed right on me. I kept looking back and I was so scared because I knew this wasn't normal and it wasn't right for someone to do that. It was a larger black or brown car, square shaped, like an Oldsmobile or Cutlass, style. I am pretty sure it had very tinted windows. I would look back and I couldn't see the person's face. I started to pettle as fast as I could and I knew I wasn't going to stop at my house because I didn't want the person to know where I lived so after I past my house I turned right on the next Street and on the corner was a house of my neighbors but there front porch had like a little area you can go behind and no one from the street would be able to see you, so I turned the corner went on their driveway crashed my bike and ran to the door and tried to hide while ringing the doorbell. No one answered. And the car stops right in front of the house and sits there for what felt like an eternity. Then they drove off.
About a week later, I'm on my bike again but I was far down the street when I looked around and saw that car again turn onto Leeds. This time I knew I was far enough away that I could easily loose them, I think I cut into someone's yard and went to another neighbors house thru the back door. In my neighborhood, you knew every car that would drive down your street. You practically knew everyone, I had never seen that car before or after that time. And I'm telling you that I know that person had intentions to harm me. I know because of how I felt and what they did and I have thought about this everyday almost because the feeling that went thru my body was like nothing I've ever felt, I knew it was evil and I knew they would kill me.
I tried to look up missing persons/ children in upper Arlington for around that time period and I never found anything untill I found this site. I'm glad I am finally able to share this. I know it isn't much, but maybe the description of the car might help. Thanks

Thank you for sharing this. I'm so sorry you went through this that's terrifying. I think you should share this with the police in this case. Sometimes they don't release descriptions of cars for a suspect. You should tell them. It might confirm something they have been investigating. Their contact information will be on Sennie's NAMUS page.

One detail that should be emphasized for those not familiar with the neighborhood. There is a drainage runoff creek that begins at Miller Park, south of Waltham Road and west of Arlington avenue, that goes under Cambridge Road through a tunnel that can be easily walked through. On the other side the creek continues for several blocks at the back edge of residential properties and ultimately ends at the culvert where Asenath was found. The key detail is that if someone is walking along the creek, it lies deep enough that they wouldn’t be seen from the street or backyards or houses, not unless you go right up to the edge of where the ground drops off. I believe it levels off with the street closer to the culvert. So that could answer the questions regarding why there were no sightings past Arlington Ave. It was common for kids to play down there and go through the Cambridge tunnel. It may be the “deviation” in Asenath’s path that day referred to by police, whether by choice or not. The runoff creek is visible on Google maps if you know where to look, but the depth isn’t discernible.

I remember that area too. There also was another route I would take along with a few friends, behind a neighborhood that was a dirt path and there was a old cemetery that you would go through and end up behind some gas station that was across the street from the scioto river, not too far from a store called flags. I only remember that store name because my mom would buy liquor from That store. She was an alcoholic. There are a lot of paths like that in that neighborhood. It's strange thinking back when we lived there. I know now what I didn't know back then because of innocence and I had a pretty good family And when I would have play dates somethings were off with certain people. I probably had 4 friends that were being sexually molested, just by their behavior and a few encounters I had with them, I know now as an adult that is what had to have been happening to them. I know that neighborhood so well still. My friends and u rode out bikes everywhere from Tremont to the river and everywhere in-between. I never went too far north past Tremont. But lane, Henderson, Arlington, these are all streets I would take around town. I hung out at the library by Tremont elementary a lot. We used to attend Mass with my mother at St. Agatha's.

Thank you. Did anyone else goto Wickcliff elementary before it closed down? 1980, 81 or 82?
I remember something and just wanted to discuss sonething with you if you did.

For anyone interested in this case. You should check out this FB page: The Long Walk Home: The Asenath Dukat Project
& this website: The Asenath Dukat Project

upload_2019-11-5_0-32-25.jpeg

rs=w:700,cg:true

“Dedicated to Seannie, the Dukat family, the relentless investigators of the UAPD and the UA kids who would never forget.”

—-

“June 3rd, 2020 will mark the 40th anniversary of Upper Arlington’s most tragic day, the loss of our own Asenath Dukat. We are an organized group of UA kids who had to grow up that day in 1980. We are adults now, with the expertise, resources and fortitude to tell the story of Seannie, the investigation and its impact on our community. Our objective is to share that story, entitled “The Long Walk Home” by that anniversary date.”

I am also fairly certain that a podcast will be released within the year covering this story- I know as I was consulted. Largely it will center on information that is public record. If you are an individual directly involved in this investigation, say RCW or a relative of BS and would be interested in telling your side of the story, please PM me here and I can likely put you in touch with the author. I would propose that your name be withheld from the podcast in exchange for your insight. Of course if a relation of Asenath or the May attack would be interested (or have objection) let me know as well. I believe the author will be reaching out to the family for consent.
Any further news on the Podcast? RCW is my neighbor...I'd like more information on this case and to know where it stands today. His roommate Jennifer passed away January 2nd.

How is rcw as a neighbor? Jennifer is my sister so you may know the circumstances behind her death.

I believe the podcast is not the focus at this time, what has been is the written narrative of the case that can be found at longwalkhomeua.com under the tab, What We Know.

How is rcw as a neighbor? Jennifer is my sister so you may know the circumstances behind her death.

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your sister. I know this is very personal and I fully understand if you choose not to answer, but do you believe the circumstances of her death are suspicious in nature?

I believe the podcast is not the focus at this time, what has been is the written narrative of the case that can be found at longwalkhomeua.com under the tab, What We Know.
I have read this as most of my family. We were lied to about the circumstances behind his arrest and its pretty disturbing what all we have found out.

I have read this as most of my family. We were lied to about the circumstances behind his arrest and its pretty disturbing what all we have found out.

Please let me know if there are any questions regarding the Asenath Dukat case as well as the other two abductions. Of course we are happy to help in any way. Most importantly, we are so sorry for your loss. From what we've read, Jennifer seems like a really kind, generous and passionate lady who enjoyed life. This is an unfortunate situation all the way around.

I hope this doesn’t sound snobby or bigoted or just plain dumb or anything like that, but...

What is Asenath’s family background (racial or ethnic or nationality)?

For some reason (I’m not enrolled at some wildly diverse and worldly university or anything like that) it sounded kind of like an Arabic or (India)’ Indian type name to me.

The only pic I saw of her wasn’t great, so I can’t really tell how she looks. On paper, she’s listed as “white” but her name sounds “funny” to me.

Of course, a long-unidentified “Redhead” victim from my state has “Espy” as one of her names. I’d never heard of that and my grandfather was from a huge family from Harlan County (about as deep into Appalachia that Kentucky goes). It sounds like some website my mom goes to.

She was just a good old fashioned pale white girl from the hills with red hair.

Last edited:
Asenath is a name of Egyptian origin and is taken from the bible. The Dukats are a faith driven family that attended Catholic Church in the area. As someone who has studied this case extensively, it does not appear that the crime was motivated by race, religion or ethnicity.

Asenath is a name of Egyptian origin and is taken from the bible. The Dukats are a faith driven family that attended Catholic Church in the area. As someone who has studied this case extensively, it does not appear that the crime was motivated by race, religion or ethnicity.

Thanks. That was mainly due to my personal curiosity because of her name (and the not-so-great pic).

I don’t think that sex crimes are often (if ever) motivated by or even related to a victim’s ethnicity or religion, etc. Unless it happens to be someone that they know due to such (i.e. preacher, translator, youth group, etc). Or if it is a marginalized group that would make them easy prey (i.e. indigenous hitchhikers in Canada) who likely won’t get a very thorough investigation.

While someone is a pedophile simply because they are sexually attracted to kids, they have their preferences. We all have certain traits that we go after in a “mate” (or victim in this case) whether we notice them ourselves or not.

So a person that near-exclusively targets “Kindergarten-aged blonde girls” probably would’ve passed her by. That would just be important if trying to tie a disappearance or murder to a larger series of crimes.

I came across a nice article in the Dispatch today and started reading about the case. From reading the Long Walk Home website, it sounds like police are fairly certain that both RCW and BS were involved in the murder. They have DNA evidence linking BS to the murder, but haven’t charged him due to him being deceased. They have DNA evidence that RCW committed the kidnapping a month prior, but can’t charge him due to statue of limitations. Obviously RCW committed the later kidnapping for which he was convicted. It sounds like the only loose end is definitively linking RCW to the murder. Based on witness descriptions and MO, there is no doubt in my mind that they think he was there. IMO more than likely he was the ringleader and BS was convinced and/or forced to participate, and couldn’t live with the grief.

RCW bears such a strong resemblance to the composite sketch. The May 7 attack was likely not his first. RCW continues to live in Columbus to this day.

40 years after Upper Arlington girl's murder, some answers come

I just learned about this case from Crime Junkie. Such a tragic story.
I don’t understand why they didn’t have enough information on RCW? Also, I already forgot, but did he have a red bike?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back