MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Sherrill nor the perp expected anybody to be there that night except Sherrill, in my opinion. The girls' plans had changed several times, as I recall, and the decision to go back to Suzie's house was, by all accounts, a last minute one. It's very possible, again my opinion, the person responsible was already there. The attack on Sherrill had not started yet when the girls arrived. She may not have even realized he was there yet. Things escalated very swiftly and he took control, probably with a weapon. The girls would have been tired, mostly likely tipsy from partying all night and totally confused, not expecting the situation and circumstances, easy to manipulate. One perp, one BIG secret still kept by one person, in my opinion only doncha know.
If no one realized the perps were there yet - when the girls arrived unexpectedly - why didn't the perps flee? Instead, with random preparedness they choose to proceed to kidnap, murder, dispose of three bodies with professional precision and leave no incriminating evidence? There's also evidence the girls prepared and went to bed. Another opportunity to flee. Didn't analyst say the perps knew "comings and goings". I take that to mean there was nothing haphazard about this crime. IMO, they seen Stacy's car, knew it was an anomaly, but proceeded as planned for that particular nite.

BK

If no one realized the perps were there yet - when the girls arrived unexpectedly - why didn't the perps flee? Instead, with random preparedness they choose to proceed to kidnap, murder, dispose of three bodies with professional precision and leave no incriminating evidence? There's also evidence the girls prepared and went to bed. Another opportunity to flee. Didn't analyst say the perps knew "comings and goings". I take that to mean there was nothing haphazard about this crime. IMO, they seen Stacy's car, knew it was an anomaly, but proceeded as planned for that particular nite.

BK
You are spot on...per usual..

Thanks BK! Great take! !

BK

So we have a conspiracy? That’s interesting.

No one has rolled either.

Do you know what the motive was?

BK
Your last sentence is why I’m unconvinced Suzie or Sherrill were the targets.

Your last sentence is why I’m unconvinced Suzie or Sherrill were the targets.
Just curious why?..

I dont think the cops even believe Stacy was the target...

The house (comings and goings) was the clear target (FBI and SPD agree) and only two people lived there...

I will not give up on my plight that JK knows more. I think the fact that it was Graduation night is very important to this case. I think something happened at the parties and that the APOC siting happened. The fact that Sherill supposedly said "three friends" is important. I believe JK was the third friend. I believe Sherrill had to be lured out of the house so that the crime scene could be staged. I do not understand why JK is not cited as being highly suspicious for not calling Janis. I was 18 not too long ago. Had ANYTHING like this happened to someone I cared about I would have been calling EVERYONE whenever I noticed the scene. The cars, purses and keys were there. How could an 18 year old not be intelligent enough to realize something was wrong? Then she changes the timeline. Again, if anything like this happened I would remember every detail of that day for the rest of my life. It's true, Springfield had a lot of creepy individuals in the area at the time, but I believe them to be red herrings. Most of the goons involved with this case that are in prison seem incapable of not bragging about their misdeeds and or changing their stories. I believe parents of the teenagers are involved in this and intentionally staged, and contaminated the crime scene. I also believe them to be one of the people who failed the polygraph. Until the people closest to the women (Excluding Bartt, because I will never consider him a suspect) are talked to I do not think this case will be solved. The biggest key here is motive. Ask yourself, besides a killer, who had the motive to harm three innocent women on graduation night? A night that was considerably more memorable at the time then it is today. I believe a lot of misinformation was spread about this case, and that the LE in Springfield was incapable of solving it from the start. I also can not stand the way Sherrill and Suzie were painted by some individuals. IF the people involved are reading this, don't you want notoriety for keeping a secret for 27+ years? Some people have it for keeping a secret for a shorter amount of time. It's unfair for someone to ruin so many lives without even blinking. All of this is JMO. I am not blaming or accusing anyone, but questionable actions should not be ignored, and when all other options have been beaten to death, I think its best to look at the regular old people who came to the house that day.
Do you believe the girls even made it back to Delmar house that night?

Multiple reports white van parked across from 1717 with male watching residence and cruising neighborhood week prior to abductions.

BK
Of the suspect pool... the person that multiple people saw casing the house had a "mane" with a beard...

That fits the following of POIs (how they looked in 1992):
REWIII
Garrison
Riedel?? Not sure what his facial hair looked like exactly...

Clay had long hair but never considered a 'mane' and he had more of a goatee in those days..........Cox didnt drive a van nor did he have that kind of hair...short army hair style

Multiple reports white van parked across from 1717 with male watching residence and cruising neighborhood week prior to abductions.

BK

Why did the police never follow that lead? My recollection is that the reporter/blogger Ron Davis is reported to have said that although he lived nearby, no one ever asked him. The van was said to be a dirty white and the driver estimated to be in late 20’s with longer hair that he had to keep out of his eyes.

Davis called my home in Texas but it was all about Carnahan. He has written about this case and is frustrated as we all are. We talked about 45 minutes. I was impressed with him.

Last edited:

BK

May I ask how many sources reported this? It was in the newspaper. Did they ever pursue it? If not, why not?

I’m still hearing about the debunked APCO station reported. On August 3, 1992 the Springfield newspaper specifically said it was debunked. Why are we plowing old ground?

The van was probably just a work van and his job was completed.

Why would a conspiracy rely on such an old van if it was deemed important enough to murder three women? That has never made any sense to me.

We have yet to hear a plausible motive. I expect to be pushing up daisies before even that much is put forth.

I will believe until proven wrong that this was simply a young man who was out looking for prey that night and didn’t intend to be denied. The last group of party goers should be recontacted and try to find out exactly who was there that night. It couldn’t be that hard.

May I ask how many sources reported this? It was in the newspaper. Did they ever pursue it? If not, why not?

I’m still hearing about the debunked APCO station reported. On August 3, 1992 the Springfield newspaper specifically said it was debunked. Why are we plowing old ground?

The van was probably just a work van and his job was completed.

Why would a conspiracy rely on such an old van if it was deemed important enough to murder three women? That has never made any sense to me.

We have yet to hear a plausible motive. I expect to be pushing up daisies before even that much is put forth.

I will believe until proven wrong that this was simply a young man who was out looking for prey that night and didn’t intend to be denied. The last group of party goers should be recontacted and try to find out exactly who was there that night. It couldn’t be that hard.
The clerk’s name is known... you could ask him

Just curious why?..

I dont think the cops even believe Stacy was the target...

The house (comings and goings) was the clear target (FBI and SPD agree) and only two people lived there...
As far as I know LE never even considered Stacy as a target but after almost 28 years and no solid answers it’s a possibility worth exploring.

As far as I know LE never even considered Stacy as a target but after almost 28 years and no solid answers it’s a possibility worth exploring.
So they followed Stacy around all night during the wishy washy last minute plans and decide to wait to strike when there’s two other women and foreign home & area? I dont believe so... how do you suppose the abductor planned for Suzie and sherrill?

I think the lack of evidence is the issue with time.... (bodies) not that they don’t know who

The News-Leader clearly stated on August 3 it was a false sighting. I read it within the past week. The clerk can believe what he wants to believe.
Newsleader said other things that you dismiss (Garrison with prime info) so how do you discern which is real or fake? respectively asking..,

So they followed Stacy around all night during the wishy washy last minute plans and decide to wait to strike when there’s two other women and foreign home & area? I dont believe so... how do you suppose the abductor planned for Suzie and sherrill?

I think the lack of evidence is the issue with time.... (bodies) not that they don’t know who
I didn’t say or suggest nor do I think anyone followed anyone. I do think after almost 28 years of loose leads, a no bill and no bodies LE should explore all possibilities. As good as the McCall’s intentions were I think their involvement in the investigation interfered with LE’s ability to be objective.

I didn’t say or suggest nor do I think anyone followed anyone. I do think after almost 28 years of loose leads, a no bill and no bodies LE should explore all possibilities. As good as the McCall’s intentions were I think their involvement in the investigation interfered with LE’s ability to be objective.
Im from the area and the McCalls involvement is why you and I even know about the case...Janis fighting for it to be in the spotlight is putting the pressure on SPD...
I think analyst was correct.. he’s independent of SPD and he said the perp knew comings and goings. Case is solved..bodies are needed to go further.. that’s why the parking garage crap was ignored...and other theories and leads are ignored....they already know who did it (JMO)

if perps knew comings and goings, it suggests Levitt home was Target, and thus the home’s occupants were targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23