Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

some people intentionally try to make it not look like a suicide to fool those close to them. Look at Rita Maze. She pretended to be kidnapped but actually jumped in her own trunk then shot herself to death.

Very May as well be the be the case here

Any thoughts why someone who do that? Maybe they think it would be easier on their loved ones. Any other reasons?

Any thoughts why someone who do that? Maybe they think it would be easier on their loved ones. Any other reasons?
Reasons Kathleen might've staged a suicide. She had 3 sons who she worshiped and who adored her. She was a mentor to many students over the years. From what I read she was a fantastic teacher and her students loved her. Also if I remember correctly she was Catholic. Likely friends with those in her church. Imo it's simple...she likely didn't want to disappoint the afformentioned. She likely didn't want her legacy to be tarnished. She likely didn't want her grandkids to grow up knowing their grandma committed suicide. Pretty good reasons imo. I hope our sweet gal is finally at peace.

some people intentionally try to make it not look like a suicide to fool those close to them. Look at Rita Maze. She pretended to be kidnapped but actually jumped in her own trunk then shot herself to death.

Very May as well be the be the case here

You mentioned a cigarette, but was there any mention she had smoked? I am still curious to the thought here

Maybe she was freebasing coke. That's much more likely to start a fire.

Note: I don't really think for one second she might have been freebasing coke, just demonstrating a slippery slope fallacy.

I think it's much more likely she was murdered than that she accidentally dropped a cigarette and started an inescapable car fire though. As far as suicide, it would be elaborate and nothing we see about her life seems dark unlike that lady that vanished off that island recently and there are people doggedly pursuing drug smuggler conspiracies on that one.

I just tend towards believing what seems most likely given the current information and in this case, the circumstances are very suspicious and all we've got a year later from law enforcement is "we don't have any leads" phrased in a way that is basically victim blaming. This is the kind of case that's just going to peter out because the family isn't going to pursue it. The kind of case that really bothers me.

Hopefully some will brag about it in prison some day with too many details to the wrong guy.

Maybe she was freebasing coke. That's much more likely to start a fire.

Note: I don't really think for one second she might have been freebasing coke, just demonstrating a slippery slope fallacy.

I think it's much more likely she was murdered than that she accidentally dropped a cigarette and started an inescapable car fire though. As far as suicide, it would be elaborate and nothing we see about her life seems dark unlike that lady that vanished off that island recently and there are people doggedly pursuing drug smuggler conspiracies on that one.

I just tend towards believing what seems most likely given the current information and in this case, the circumstances are very suspicious and all we've got a year later from law enforcement is "we don't have any leads" phrased in a way that is basically victim blaming. This is the kind of case that's just going to peter out because the family isn't going to pursue it. The kind of case that really bothers me.

Hopefully some **** will brag about it in prison some day with too many details to the wrong guy.
Or the perp will take it to his grave...... I have always had a suspect in mind but of course it's just my opinion.

I have read the
Someone close to her. Go back and read the threads. I’ve never changed my position. It’s my intuition.

I have read the thread, I guess I just don’t see this being a family member. I try to see it from all perspectives I guess. Did you have a person in mind or just someone close to her?

I have read the

I have read the thread, I guess I just don’t see this being a family member. I try to see it from all perspectives I guess. Did you have a person in mind or just someone close to her?

I think Payroll thinks it was a family member. I guess all sluethers are entitled to their sluethinion.

This type of suicide would be very very unlikely, I think. Not unheard of (case sited above, lady in NY) but, setting yourself on fire in your car? That just seems far too complicated. Also, since she is Catholic and sounds like a practicing once, wouldn't suicide be very much frowned upon? Not even a funeral mass?

I think it's either a hit or a car jacking that went very wrong. I don't think there will ever be answers, though,unless someone talks. Fire hides nearly everything as far as forensics, doesn't it?

MOO

So I just listened to the podcast "The Trail Went Cold" about Jamie Stickle's case, another woman who has found burned in her car back in 2002. Investigators pretty much believe she was murdered but could not prove that was the case. Anyway, I mention that here because on the podcast, it was noted that the coroner found evidence of smoke in Jamie's lungs, which led him to say she was alive when the car was burning.

Have they released any info like that in this case? They had said that Jamie's body was so badly burned past the point of getting any evidence or DNA or anything, but they were still able to do an autopsy and find the smoke in her lungs. Was that possible with Kathleen?

(If anyone is interested in additional details, there was some blood on Jamie's door and some of her items were scattered near her door and that is part of why it looks like hers was a homicide. Her car was parked outside her apartment and she was in the driver's seat when it burned).

So I just listened to the podcast "The Trail Went Cold" about Jamie Stickle's case, another woman who has found burned in her car back in 2002. Investigators pretty much believe she was murdered but could not prove that was the case. Anyway, I mention that here because on the podcast, it was noted that the coroner found evidence of smoke in Jamie's lungs, which led him to say she was alive when the car was burning.

Have they released any info like that in this case? They had said that Jamie's body was so badly burned past the point of getting any evidence or DNA or anything, but they were still able to do an autopsy and find the smoke in her lungs. Was that possible with Kathleen?

(If anyone is interested in additional details, there was some blood on Jamie's door and some of her items were scattered near her door and that is part of why it looks like hers was a homicide. Her car was parked outside her apartment and she was in the driver's seat when it burned).
To my knowledge there is no circumstantial evidence in Kathleen's case which would point to foul play.

There has been no word as to if it was thought Kathleen was alive or dead at the time the fire started or what may have been learned from the toxicology report regarding CO2 levels or other drugs that may have been in her system if she decided to possibly overdose herself.

The description given of Kathleen's remains was "The Lake County coroner told FOX6 News the fire was so intense, parts of the remains were cremated, in essence, and could not be positively identified using regular methods." and "Everything looks like ash,"

Read the complete article here: Burned beyond recognition: Illinois coroner works to ID remains found in Milwaukee teacher’s car

JMO

To my knowledge there is no circumstantial evidence in Kathleen's case which would point to foul play.

There has been no word as to if it was thought Kathleen was alive or dead at the time the fire started or what may have been learned from the toxicology report regarding CO2 levels or other drugs that may have been in her system if she decided to possibly overdose herself.

The description given of Kathleen's remains was "The Lake County coroner told FOX6 News the fire was so intense, parts of the remains were cremated, in essence, and could not be positively identified using regular methods." and "Everything looks like ash,"

Read the complete article here: Burned beyond recognition: Illinois coroner works to ID remains found in Milwaukee teacher’s car

JMO

I would suspect folks are still reaching out to understand what happened. I can't imagine foul play, as technically she was on the route to the sons game. If this was in an area not related to her travels, I could wrap my head around that idea.

I again believe LE is withholding more things as they hope to exhaust any leads they might have. I again believe this case was done before it even began, as LE didn't have enough resources to put on it. Hope the family has received more answers than us, but hard to find that true as little to nothing has been released. Everything released to the public has been very vague and left us to make our own decisions IMO.

From way back at the beginning of this, I have always felt that this was an abduction from the nearby shopping mall. She had time to shop for her grandkids before the game and she loved to shop. I think it was a crime of opportunity and that she was in the passenger seat and the perp drove across the intersection, thinking that the private driveway was a road into the forest preserve. We have never read in MSM how the car was set on fire, what accelerant was used to consume it and her so completely. Maybe LE knows all of this but just doesn't have a POI.

Okay, I watch too much TV & spend way too much time reading on this way-cool crime forum.

If the remains were essentially cremated -- how are 'they' sure that it's Kathleen's body inside Kathleen's car???

Dentals, I expect?

I also get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions.

Okay, I watch too much TV & spend way too much time reading on this way-cool crime forum.

If the remains were essentially cremated -- how are 'they' sure that it's Kathleen's body inside Kathleen's car???

Dentals, I expect?

I also get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions.
Yes, mainstream media reports she was identified by dental records. I suppose if you're really reaching for a scenario someone could fake a corpse's dental records but it's even less likely than soneone with no political ideology and no indication of suicidal thoughts pulling into someone's driveway on the way to their grandkids basketball game and setting themselves on fire

From way back at the beginning of this, I have always felt that this was an abduction from the nearby shopping mall. She had time to shop for her grandkids before the game and she loved to shop. I think it was a crime of opportunity and that she was in the passenger seat and the perp drove across the intersection, thinking that the private driveway was a road into the forest preserve. We have never read in MSM how the car was set on fire, what accelerant was used to consume it and her so completely. Maybe LE knows all of this but just doesn't have a POI.
I totally 100% agree with you. When I am in the car in a shopping mall parking lot, on the phone etc., I always lock my doors! I have seen some sketchy people walking around those parking lots.

Yes, mainstream media reports she was identified by dental records. I suppose if you're really reaching for a scenario someone could fake a corpse's dental records but it's even less likely than soneone with no political ideology and no indication of suicidal thoughts pulling into someone's driveway on the way to their grandkids basketball game and setting themselves on fire

No public displays of suicidal thoughts is common in those who commit suicide.
Suicide by fire is uncommon but not unhead of.
A number of people have killed themselves by fire and the links are in this thread

IMO if they were "highjacked" at a gas station or mall there likely would be video tape evidence of such. LE hasnt hinted at that and at this point most cases would release footage of the car in those moments. IMO the fact that none of that happens leads me to believe even LE thinks it's a suicide.

I think this woman was suffering mentally, decided to kill herself but did not want her family to know she chose to committed suicide. She rather have her family think she was taken away than know she did it to herself, especially if they were religious.

Suicide by fire is uncommon but not unhead of.
A number of people have killed themselves by fire and the links are in this thread
They are? For non-political reasons? Hm. I wonder what the statistics might be for people choosing to commit suicide by fire compared to people burning evidence to conceal a crime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back