***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muscle memory..:D

-Nin
NIN....I must insist you stop your one liners! You are a riot:p:p:p:p. When I read your post I laughed, cackled and snorted so loud in my office. My office neighbor heard me and asked if I was ok. LoL!! (embarrassing)
ps. I am reading and posting on "my own dime." I am not on anyone else's payroll. Didn't want anyone to think I was posting while working at a job. The freedom of self employment.

Last edited:
The prosecution was very careful and selective which evidence and witnesses to bring forward.
It was paying off then and it is paying off now in the appeals process. JMO

In addition, there are indeed family members, who wholeheartedly believe in MS' innocence. Not sure if they want to believe it or if they just have not followed the entire chain of evidence..

Why don't we write a book and bring it all to light? Seriously, why not..?
Title, "Side barred..";)

ALL IMO

-Nin

I agree! The prosecution team continues to be brilliant with their strategies.

I believe that Mark's family is in denial because the outcome of his crime was so horrific, that they simply can't wrap their heads around it.

"Sidebarred" is the perfect title for your book. What would the cover look like?

I agree! The prosecution team continues to be brilliant with their strategies.

I believe that Mark's family is in denial because the outcome of his crime was so horrific, that they simply can't wrap their heads around it.

"Sidebarred" is the perfect title for your book. What would the cover look like?

Big huge judge's gavel on the cover ..;)

-Nin

Oh wow! I didn't realize this even occurred until just this evening. Thanks for all the tweets and for the video! That was, imo, a huge waste of everyone's time. I hope Dr. P never has to be bothered with this case ever again so he can Really begin to believe that it's all behind him.

Marky S wasn't going as nuts without his pad and paper to scribble on as I expected when I realized he was gonna be shackled the whole time. He sat pretty much still! I wonder if that indicates how scared he really was during the trial? Can they buy chamomile tea bags in prison? Maybe he chewed a bunch like chewin' tobaccy to sedate himself before this appearance? Hahahaha!

In closing, I still think this Judge is Awesome! Love him. Will we get to read the more detailed denial response that he said he'd prepare? (I'm a legal matter ignoramus so don't know if that's going to be public info or not.)

ARACHNE & KAEN Both of you have touched on the subject of "envy, jealousy & resentment" or maybe it is just me wanting to go in that direction? DrP and his wife (no matter the struggles couples often experience) have weathered this horrible storm and thrived! MS on the other hand, was going backwards in life. Messing up the billing, possibly billing fraud, bouncing checks, IRS debt, prop taxes owing, marriage floundering etc.... sabotaging others to elevate his importance and making himself "needed." Ie, The guy who "rescues you" when you are changing a light bulb, and you didn't know he was the one who kicked the chair out from under you in the first place.
Hmmm, maybe he purposely reached out to the 2 people he resented most that weekend (DrP and Ms's mother BS)....gas lighting both as some sort of emotional punishment. (MS must have been one mean teenager IMO) Notice he didn't call his StepM to feed the animals or check on Teresa, huh?

REVENGE

I'm not a psychologist (nor do I play one on TV), but I think--along with those you mentioned, IQ--the ultimate factor in Dr. Sievers' death was REVENGE. As caught by Kaen, the rebuffment episode with the court cop was a simple demonstration of MS' self-importance, a.k.a. narcissism.

Here he is, a convicted murderer in a most barbaric assault on his innocent, good wife--and he expects an officer of the law to exchange niceties with him??? MS is really full of himself.

Mark's friends in MO were sick of hearing MS brag about Teresa, and about all the projects HE had spearheaded for her. Mark acted like Teresa's agent. HE was responsible for HER success and fame (in his mind). Mr. Big Shot.

Imagine how narcissistic Mark must have felt when he realized that, this time, Teresa was going to follow through with her threat of divorcing him and taking the kids. And that Dr. P had supplied the straw that broke the camel's back, by revealing his financial exploitations and endangering of her practice. Mr. Control Freak Extraordinaire would no longer be in control of ANYTHING! He would be finished--utterly destroyed! He would have NOTHING, and he would BE nothing. The wizard would become the inept fool, for ALL to see. How could Teresa do this to him? After all he's done for her? REVENGE. Ultimate Revenge. If Mark couldn't have her, then no one else could, either.

The girls, I believe, were used by MS as ties to Teresa and her cash flow. Sadly, he will now try to use them as pawns in what remains of his charade. Hopefully, MS will be put out of this world, before he can do further damage to all the victims he affected. JMO.

Last edited:
REVENGE

I'm not a psychologist (nor do I play one on TV), but I think--along with those you mentioned, IQ--the ultimate factor in Dr. Sievers' death was REVENGE. As caught by Kaen, the rebuffment episode with the court cop was a simple demonstration of MS' self-importance, a.k.a. narcissism.

Here he is, a convicted murderer in a most barbaric assault on his innocent, good wife--and he expects an officer of the law to exchange niceties with him??? MS is really full of himself.

Mark's friends in MO were sick of hearing MS brag about Teresa, and about all the projects HE had spearheaded for her. Mark acted like Teresa's agent. HE was responsible for HER success and fame (in his mind). Mr. Big Shot.

Imagine how narcissistic Mark must have felt when he realized that, this time, Teresa was going to follow through with her threat of divorcing him and taking the kids. And that Dr. P had supplied the straw that broke the camel's back, by revealing his financial exploitations and endangering of her practice. Mr. Control Freak Extraordinaire would no longer be in control of ANYTHING! He would be finished--utterly destroyed! He would have NOTHING, and he would BE nothing. The wizard would become the inept fool, for ALL to see. How could Teresa do this to him? After all he's done for her? REVENGE. Ultimate Revenge. If Mark couldn't have her, then no one else could, either.

The girls, I believe, were used by MS as ties to Teresa and her cash flow. Sadly, he will now try to use them as pawns in what remains of his charade. Hopefully, MS will be put out of this world, before he can do further damage to all the victims he affected. JMO.
ARACHNE1 EXCELLENT INSIGHT!!!:)

ARACHNE1 Your previous post was ex-cell-ent and I didn't want to take one word away from it, so I started a second post, based on your brilliant observations. As "petty" as my thoughts are about MS's attorneys constantly saying he "had no previous criminal history, " I wish the Feds had pursued prosecution for Medicare Fraud, elder abuse and over-billing of Teresa's patients.....before the murder trial began. The Feds would have no problem making a case against him (IMO) and then he would have had a criminal record. He needed to be revealed as a larcenous scam artist who stole Federal funds by debunking elderly patients. Something about the way he bundled cash in his home always made me think he was doing sinister on the side and then hooking up with Dr. Smiley, no doubt sharing strategies on how to defraud the medical billing system really had me wondering about his shady side, from day one.

Thank You, IQuestion! (OMG, I can bold!) I'm with you: From day one, I believe MS made Teresa his target--the minute she walked into his sister's massage parlor and found out she was on the doctor tract (a short-cut for him in his criminal goals). And I also hate it when the defense teams use that "first time offense" crap, because we all know, for the most part, it's just the first time the criminal gets "caught". Maybe the Feds knew MS was already in for murder? Maybe there were not enough complaints? Maybe they are trying to snag as many big fish as possible? Or maybe there's not enough Feds to go around:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article161119298.html

No wonder Dr. Smiley & Co. were riding the wave! As many of us have experienced, medical fraud comes in different forms. Victims can file their complaints here:

Health Care Fraud News — FBI

This site gives you an idea what type of load they are dealing with. We need more cyber cops.

Since MS got death and it may take awhile, I wonder if the Feds can fine him for medical fraud crimes and other crimes, and profit from any documentaries, books, movies, etc., would go to his victims?

ETA: Don't know why first link's not working. Title of article is "Nationwide Medicare fraud bust includes 80 suspects in South Florida." Altogether, they had more than 400 suspects, nationwide!

Last edited:
Mummert has filed MS's appeal :

- Florida Supreme Court Docket
He's also filed a motion to withdraw as counsel which I'm surprised about, I thought he was going to go all the way with this one. From here:

https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Cases/Search

Also attached is Judge Kyle's written reasons for denying a new trial. The actual appeal is too large to upload, but there's not much there, available at first link.

Attachments

• Motion to Withdraw as Counsel Filed.pdf
    272 KB · Views: 10
  • Order Denying Motion For New Trial.pdf
    294.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Supreme Court Order - Transcripts.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
Mummert has filed MS's appeal :

- Florida Supreme Court Docket
He's also filed a motion to withdraw as counsel which I'm surprised about, I thought he was going to go all the way with this one. From here:

https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Cases/Search

Also attached is Judge Kyle's written reasons for denying a new trial. The actual appeal is too large to upload, but there's not much there, available at first link.

Interesting. I wonder why he decided to withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth