MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just doing some research on Garrison and I ran into a news site that discussed an alleged attempted abduction in Smyrna, Tennessee. It was dated March 2, 2019.

May be worth a look-see. I don’t know how to link it. It can be found at WKRN.com.

On another seemingly unrelated clue is the fact that the dog was a Yorkshire Terrier. Anyone who has ever owned one of these also knows they have a very distinctive trait. They are persistent barkers and would have gone bonkers if the intruder was unknown. I had one for a couple of months. Although it was an otherwise fine dog, the incessant barking and inability to be walked led us to return it to the rescue organization. It seems obvious to me that the intruder had to be known by the dog, unless it was confined when the intruder arrived.

Last edited:
Just doing some research on Garrison and I ran into a news site that discussed an alleged attempted abduction in Smyrna, Tennessee. It was dated March 2, 2019.

May be worth a look-see. I don’t know how to link it. It can be found at WKRN.com.

On another seemingly unrelated clue is the fact that the dog was a Yorkshire Terrier. Anyone who has ever owned one of these also knows they have a very distinctive trait. They are persistent barkers and would have gone bonkers if the intruder was unknown. I had one for a couple of months. Although it was an otherwise fine dog, the incessant barking and inability to be walked led us to return it to the rescue organization. It seems obvious to me that the intruder had to be known by the dog, unless it was confined when the intruder arrived.
Smyrna TN was Bartt’s incident last year......

I wonder why Sherril would be running around looking for her daughter. Didn't Suzie tell her she would be staying at the Kirby's house that night?
Good points. Also, what if someone called Sherrill, from one of the parties, and said they're not here yet? Maybe they didn't make it to one of those parties. Sherrill may have found them endangered elsewhere. Would this cause a disruption in the commonly believed time frame?

Good points. Also, what if someone called Sherrill, from one of the parties, and said they're not here yet? Maybe they didn't make it to one of those parties. Sherrill may have found them endangered elsewhere. Would this cause a disruption in the commonly believed time frame?
what if the person who had been casing the house for days called to get her out of the house and then check the house out while she was gone ? and also to retrieve Suzie by faking she was in trouble so she would go retrieve her

what if the person who had been casing the house for days called to get her out of the house and then check the house out while she was gone ? and also to retrieve Suzie by faking she was in trouble so she would go retrieve her
Which person?

What do we know about the objects (personal belongings) found at Sherrill´s house? It has been confirmed (over the years) by the police and Stacy´s mom that they found Stacy´s shorts with her jewells . We know that, Mrs. McCall stated that her daugther "left" the house wearing a t-shirt/shirt and panties.
"Her shirt and her panties were all that she had," McCall said (Link:
Mother of missing woman: Don't call it an anniversary). In this same article, I got to know that Stacy´s shorts, bra and shoes were in pile, on the floor, next to the waterbed. And the police also found her keys, bathing suit, and a make-up kit.
The articles on this case always put emphasis on the fact that those shorts were "neatly folded". In a different interview, Mrs. McCall said
“I saw her shorts. They were folded up nicely.” After 27 Years, Springfield 3 Crime Scene Still Troubles the Mother of One of the Missing Girls.
This remark is very peculiar, and somehow, makes me think that the way Stacy´s things were "placed" was suspicious for the mother (maybe, Stacy woudn´t have done that). We need to remember that, at least, one detective claimed that the crime scene was staged. I always thought that the police said that because of the way the purses were placed all together on the floor (and how the house seemed clean. I don´t know what are your ideas about the "crime scene" and why police thinks it was staged).
But now that I think about the shorts and the rest of the things, I wonder if the staging part also included placing Stacy´s and Suzie´s things inside that beedroom. In this respect, there is another thing that calls my attention, I couldn´t find what Suzie was wearing that night and where its was found (on the floor, closet or whatever).
I found a picture in one book of the case, by Dave Warren. I would like to know if this is actually a picture of the bedroom and if this belongs to Suzie or what.
upload_2020-2-17_3-19-41.png

I found on this website a picture of the shorts.

upload_2020-2-17_3-23-56.png

Really?
Research on Garrison? Come on man !!

Im from the area and the McCalls involvement is why you and I even know about the case...Janis fighting for it to be in the spotlight is putting the pressure on SPD...
I think analyst was correct.. he’s independent of SPD and he said the perp knew comings and goings. Case is solved..bodies are needed to go further.. that’s why the parking garage crap was ignored...and other theories and leads are ignored....they already know who did it (JMO)

if perps knew comings and goings, it suggests Levitt home was Target, and thus the home’s occupants were targets
I agree that the McCall’s are why most of us know about this case. That they used their tragedy to help other families is admirable. I think their strength inspired LE but their grief made them uncomfortable. I don’t think the McCall’s did anything wrong and investigators are only human but it was LE’s job to steer the investigation. Painting Stacy as the sole victim in the wrong place at the wrong time and ignoring inconsistencies hasn’t been helpful.
I missed the solved alert but if it was no one would be here to speculate or force theories.

The only thing I see there is that, supposedly, JK was with Suzie and Stacy at the parties (was Mike with them? Or someone else?)

Why would someone call Suzie's mom if she didn't make it to a party? The way the people at the house reacted so casually on Sunday, the 7th implies to me that if someone didn't show up at a party they said they would be at, people would just assume they went to another party.

I agree that the McCall’s are why most of us know about this case. That they used their tragedy to help other families is admirable. I think their strength inspired LE but their grief made them uncomfortable. I don’t think the McCall’s did anything wrong and investigators are only human but it was LE’s job to steer the investigation. Painting Stacy as the sole victim in the wrong place at the wrong time and ignoring inconsistencies hasn’t been helpful.
I missed the solved alert but if it was no one would be here to speculate or force theories.
I’m pretty sure you’re only speaking of Asher and that’s because of his personal beef with Bartt...don’t see proof of Stacy favoritism otherwise and media coverage isnt comparable to actual behind the scenes of investigation anyways...imo

doug Thomas was sole investigator on the case from late 1992 to late 90s. Mike Owen,, Culley Wilson, Scott Hill since then...no proof they showed victim favoritism......

He knows exactly what he's doing.

Actually no. Someone has been climbing on my back about Garrison. I knew the basic history but there is a ton of information that one can find on Google. I thought I might find out something I didn’t know. I am probably one of the few who has spoken to him albeit a short phone call. So I decided to look further. The person I have been most interested in has nothing. I even did a Google on myself. Whatever a person has done in their life will usually eventually wind up there. I don’t write it.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure you’re only speaking of Asher and that’s because of his personal beef with Bartt...don’t see proof of Stacy favoritism otherwise and media coverage isnt comparable to actual behind the scenes of investigation anyways...imo

doug Thomas was sole investigator on the case from late 1992 to late 90s. Mike Owen,, Culley Wilson, Scott Hill since then...no proof they showed victim favoritism......

Asher and I weren’t the best of buds either.

I won’t go into the details but my one interaction with him led me to contact the MSHP, the FBI and the DEA. Something about threatening my job left a sour taste in my mouth.

I had a bad feeling about that such that I was checking under my pick-ups for bombs. As the saying goes just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.

I wanted an “insurance policy” in the event I went missing and I wanted these other agencies to know about my own experience.

Some may remember that explosion on 125 where some guy was blown up. Believe that happened about 1990 or thereabouts.

Garrison and his friends being the subject of the GJ doesnt make them suspects in the crime.....it COULD (it is imo) be that they have info the police seek on suspects,..

As far as Asher goes...his investigative skills, cognitive abilities, personal beefs, blah blah dont matter...all that matter is the facts. And just because one doesnt like him as a person,, doesnt mean what he said was wrong. Important to distinguish....especially since other detectives have taken lead since him...and new info presented itself post-Asher..

rregarding Stacy favoritism topic: thats because the Streeters didnt go to the forefront of the media as much until recent years. Ms McCall canvassed the streets, begged for media air time, started One Missing Link...etc etc to keep the public looking for her daughter.. Bartt was considered a suspect (wrongfully, true) but thats why it's harder for him to do the same thing as McCalls (wont pass judgement there) but Debbie Schwartz, Cliff (in early days), Brentt, Don Levitt etc. didnt do the media attention-grabbing things Janis did...so the distorted view of the case is affected by that...imo

it's important to remember that all the women are equally victims and deserve justice... even if Suzie & Sherrill knew info about drug stuff...that doesnt mean they deserved to be killed.....same with Stacy being in wrong place at wrong time.. these things can be true but it doesnt mean they deserved to be killed

Last edited:
Garrison and his friends being the subject of the GJ doesnt make them suspects in the crime.....it COULD (it is imo) be that they have info the police seek on suspects,..

As far as Asher goes...his investigative skills, cognitive abilities, personal beefs, blah blah dont matter...all that matter is the facts. And just because one doesnt like him as a person,, doesnt mean what he said was wrong. Important to distinguish....especially since other detectives have taken lead since him...and new info presented itself post-Asher..

rregarding Stacy favoritism topic: thats because the Streeters didnt go to the forefront of the media as much until recent years. Ms McCall canvassed the streets, begged for media air time, started One Missing Link...etc etc to keep the public looking for her daughter.. Bartt was considered a suspect (wrongfully, true) but thats why it's harder for him to do the same thing as McCalls (wont pass judgement there) but Debbie Schwartz, Cliff (in early days), Brentt, Don Levitt etc. didnt do the media attention-grabbing things Janis did...so the distorted view of the case is affected by that...imo

What you say is likely true. What I don’t understand is why on the “48 Hours” program he stated (paraphrasing) he had nothing to work the case from.

I know the police were interested in the van. I was on the seventh floor of the state office building and observed a similar van pulling into the adjacent parking lot. Thinking it would be of interest to the SPD and I called the SPD. Evidently they were because a car of plain clothed detectives arrived in about five minutes. They got out and looked it over including using flashlights to look inside the cargo area. Evidently didn’t find what they were looking for and soon left.

My experience a few weeks later was highly troubling. I was turning left at the “tuning fork” on Jefferson when I observed an identical van but painted blue. I traveled on to drop off my wife and saw a passing police cruiser. I gave him the information and he took off in hot pursuit.

It was later when I had additional information that were volunteered to me that I wished to pass along. That is when the confrontation took place. I asked numerous police officers if that was normal police procedure and none thought it was normal. To this day over 26 years , I still do not understand why that happened.

I later reported the complete incident to Lt, Headlee about 10 years ago. Nothing that I know of came of it.

What you say is likely true. What I don’t understand is why on the “48 Hours” program he stated (paraphrasing) he had nothing to work the case from.

I know the police were interested in the van. I was on the seventh floor of the state office building and observed a similar van pulling into the adjacent parking lot. Thinking it would be of interest to the SPD and I called the SPD. Evidently they were because a car of plain clothed detectives arrived in about five minutes. They got out and looked it over including using flashlights to look inside the cargo area. Evidently didn’t find what they were looking for and soon left.

My experience a few weeks later was highly troubling. I was turning left at the “tuning fork” on Jefferson when I observed an identical van but painted blue. I traveled on to drop off my wife and saw a passing police cruiser. I gave him the information and he took off in hot pursuit.

It was later when I had additional information that were volunteered to me that I wished to pass along. That is when the confrontation took place. I asked numerous police officers if that was normal police procedure and none thought it was normal. To this day over 26 years , I still do not understand why that happened.

I later reported the complete incident to Lt, Headlee about 10 years ago. Nothing that I know of came of it.
It's entirely possible they looked into the van and found owner and clarified that it wasnt part of the case or suspicious....,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288