Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:(:(:(:(:(
And I don’t know where they got their tipfrom but they have been at this location for a long time. They know something don’t they?

Praying for Gannon's family....as much as this is affecting us, who don't even know Gannon personally.....I just can't even begin to imagine how his family, especially his mother, is coping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting to comment on this thread until I got caught up to speed on this precious boy, Gannon, and his disappearance. My goodness, there are so many, um, complexities involving this investigation. Praying with all of my might that GS is found safe and unharmed.

Yeah, we discussed this at the time. I was of the opinion that it could have been caused by a shovel too.

I don’t think we ever determined if she is left or right handed, but the blister should be on her dominant hand.

If she’s a lefty, that means a lot.

I am right-handed. I personally don't think it strange that a blister would form on the left thumb. The way I hold a shovel, my left thumb takes a beating! Fwiw...

We're down to sifting, ourselves :(

I am not sure what you meant by "a video from a site that is not msm." My only reference was to the video about which nearly everyone in this Websleuths forum devoted to the Gannon Stauch missing/endangered child case has been referencing and debating here, the one leaked to media which shows Letecia Stauch in the red truck, allegedly departing with stepson GS.

And I don't understand why that video and referencing LS' own quotes in a comparison to an oft-mocked and widely-known meme from the film Mommy Dearest, the biopic about film star Joan Crawford (which starred Faye Dunaway in the title role) based upon the book by her adopted daughter (Christina Crawford) alleging abuse, would prevent you from sleeping.

I was only making an analogy between the Joan Crawford film's famous line and LS' notorious quotes because I thought it apropos in light of LS' semi-hysterics about a damaged carpet and a threat to sell a sofa (an overreaction, as was Crawford's about her daughter's use of wire coat-hangers, especially if it resulted in the beating of a child) in the video she uploaded, and that in this case GS might have also been in circumstances similar to and even worse than those purported by Christina Crawford.

I also thought perhaps introducing a bit of levity from popular culture (using the perhaps semi-relevant Joan Crawford biopic when discussing LS' hysterics) into an otherwise grim and troubling topic might not be a bad idea. For heaven's sake, we have to keep our senses of humor even in a tragic situation, else we really will be consumed by complete sadness and grief.

But please try to get some sleep, "Ray of Light," and not focus quite so much on this GS case, certainly if it is now affecting your health (by sleep deprivation) to even think about anything connected with it. Concern is one thing and noble, but obsession another and harmful.

Of course I say that even though I am myself checking this forum and online for news at least twice each day, hoping for new developments but also superstitiously thinking if I forget to check each day a positive outcome may be lost. That thinking is kind of like having to drink a beverage from the same glass or mug or sit in the same chair one did every time a favorite sports team won a game. But I am also trying to keep everything in its proper perspective and have other things about which to think, to take my mind off this very sad and tragic case about a nice boy who may have been harmed by someone who should have been taking care of him and had his best interests at heart.

Now go get some sleep, "Ray." And dream nice thoughts.
@jimprobable Actually I thought the "Mommy Dearest" analogy quite witty!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that - I am relieved to hear it wasn't a typical dumping area (sadly where I live, there are a few roads where people routinely illegally dump trash). For now I am thinking this is an evidence search and not a search for Gannon himself, just for clues that will lead them to Gannon.

Those are my thoughts right now, as well.

The fact that they have been "sifting snow since Wednesday (as per reporter Spencer Wilson's tweet), makes me feel (and hope) that they have gathered evidence to analyze.

Spencer Wilson
@Spencer_WNews

·
2h

"So, cars are allowed past. Here’s a shot from my phone in a car holster driving by the operation. You can scrub through to see easier."
"@EPCSheriff
confirmed they’ve been sifting snow since Wednesday, but couldn’t say how they choose which snow they to search."

This is
In my opinion.....constipation was never an issue at all in this case.

An explanation / excuse for a child doubled over seemingly in pain in case he was seen?

MOO

ETA:. Or.... possibly, the excuse to use to call him in absent from school....(although I have no idea if he was called in sick or not).

MOO
This is really where I was headed with my first mention of it. Not saying it can’t happen or doesn’t happen frequently...was pondering the true need for it. All speculation, of course. JMO

I have watched this clip from Spencer Wilson about 75 times. At about 0:16 there are 2 searchers standing and digging in a HUGE hole ! Hard to get a SS but I tried. Tell me if I’m wrong.
Spencer Wilson on Twitter

That's a culvert. Appears it maybe two pipes, one larger, possibly a smaller one beyond, forming a bridge for the driveway, you can see the concrete there.

First time posting here.. and finally caught up for today. My question/concern is there must be a reason that are only searching in that spot? If they didn't have a solid lead, wouldnt they expand to other areas of the town? We would potentially be hearing of other search crews working other areas? Seems they are focused here for a reason....... I WISH they would find what they are looking for soon, this is driving me mad!!

Trying to imagine what LE could be looking for with sifters. In my opinion it must be very small and not something that could not be easily identified other ways such as a metal detector. Maybe remnants from a fire or something burned before it snowed?

Oh God. My mind goes to dark places but I was thinking teeth or something. Whatever the reason I sure hope they find what they need to bring Gannon home, and any justice to those who deserve it!

Spencer Wilson
@Spencer_WNews

Video at the link of him driving slowly by. I'm thinking they may be sifting for components of a smashed phone or Switch controller?
From what we know about SM, I would fully expect her to try & pawn the switch. I wonder if they checked local pawn shops?
That was my thought as well. While I do not believe that LS is of superior intellect, most people know that guns are usually registered and traceable through forensics... she'd have to be a complete moron to use a firearm belonging to AS or herself... but then again...
MOO
They could be looking for spent shell casings

First time posting here.. and finally caught up for today. My question/concern is there must be a reason that are only searching in that spot? If they didn't have a solid lead, wouldnt they expand to other areas of the town? We would potentially be hearing of other search crews working other areas? Seems they are focused here for a reason....... I WISH they would find what they are looking for soon, this is driving me mad!!

Welcome!!

Yeah, she had several hours to work with, and could have covered a lot of ground in any direction.

For law enforcement to be focusing on a particular area 40 miles away from home, just has to be a sign of a solid lead. There’s no other logical reason for that behavior.

We’ve seen ground searches previously, but nothing remotely close to this. It’s like they are looking for something specific, and know it’s there.

Spencer Wilson
@Spencer_WNews

Video at the link of him driving slowly by. I'm thinking they may be sifting for components of a smashed phone or Switch controller?
From what we know about SM, I would fully expect her to try & pawn the switch. I wonder if they checked local pawn shops?
That was my thought as well. While I do not believe that LS is of superior intellect, most people know that guns are usually registered and traceable through forensics... she'd have to be a complete moron to use a firearm belonging to AS or herself... but then again...
MOO
They could be looking for spent
I have watched this clip from Spencer Wilson about 75 times. At about 0:16 there are 2 searchers standing and digging in a HUGE hole ! Hard to get a SS but I tried. Tell me if I’m wrong.
Spencer Wilson on Twitter[/QUOTE

this looks like a sewer culvert

I believe the only real possibility given the timeframe since the disappearance is an object, not remains. Only something like a wood chipper could lead to sifting for remains after only 20 days. (Please don’t run with this, literally nothing points to this. Nothing.)

Whatever they are looking for must be pivotal, or at least of high importance for the case, given the time spent in this location.

I sadly wish they weren’t sifting. I wish they were still using big tools and dogs, finding Gannon.
I live in Florida from Illinois but never have seen one of these. Just looking at it makes my stomach churn and my mind go where it shouldn't.
Getting plowed on Independence Pass: CDOT crew makes steady progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members