Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #18 *Arrest*

some of the money issues, money issues related to SR and related to her expensive trips to europe and other things like that, those always intrigued me with this case and now she accepted money for this interview
Sarah Ristevski’s payday for interview

apparently she got 100K+ for her interview, all of what iv heard come out over the years painted a picture of an entitled young women who didn't seem to understand the gravity of her wishes on her families finances and how much they were struggling

some of the money issues, money issues related to SR and related to her expensive trips to europe and other things like that, those always intrigued me with this case and now she accepted money for this interview
Sarah Ristevski’s payday for interview

apparently she got 100K+ for her interview, all of what iv heard come out over the years painted a picture of an entitled young women who didn't seem to understand the gravity of her wishes on her families finances and how much they were struggling
It isn't only saints who suffer trauma.

That about BR's situation was sarcastic; what he's selling Sarah. He's talking to her about his feelings and nothing at all about what he did. Oh, and "forced teaming"--we've both suffered a great loss, we're in this together.
Yes, sickening!
I protest about the accusations towards Sarah being involved because it lets him off the hook, makes him look like a martyr! He probably convinced her to go on 60 minutes, earn some money while making him appear nobel and sympathetic while she looked like deer caught in headlights.

Yes, sickening!
I protest about the accusations towards Sarah being involved because it lets him off the hook,

depends what you believed happened i guess, i think personally you can't have one without the other and espcially if you think sarah was involved you 100% can't have her involved without him involved so it doesn't really let anyone off the hook they are both complicit in the crime

Yes, sickening!
I protest about the accusations towards Sarah being involved because it lets him off the hook, makes him look like a martyr! He probably convinced her to go on 60 minutes, earn some money while making him appear nobel and sympathetic while she looked like deer caught in headlights.

You are so right Prime. Both will live on as bottom feeders.
She knows, she’s lying like like her father did, both lying scamming pretenders.
She’s a fool if she hasn’t wanted to know. I don’t believe either one of the liars.
They live, Karen is not.

I just hate giving that piece of tripe oxygen.
Choke of the dollars scum.

Sorry guys but this only half of how I feel

I just watched the 60 minutes episode and I am appalled. This poor girl has been manipulated by her father and has dug herself a hole because she knows what happened (probably soon after or even the day KR was killed). She can be charged for perverting the course of justice so she will never tell anyone she knew the truth about what her Dad did all along. He's probably brainwashed her into thinking she will lose all her support and money if she doesn't keep quiet. Sad position for a 24 year old to be in. BR has probably fed her a story of how the death was 'accidental' and it will do neither of them any good to reveal the truth. She's trapped under her Dad's hold forever. IMO MOO Please delete if this is considered victim blaming but this is my gut feeling.

“From what Karen used to say, they spoke on the phone at least six to eight times a day,” she told A Current Affair tonight.

“They were very, very close, so it really, it very much surprised me it was only one-sided.”

either she is mentally ill from all the trauma or i mean.. something is off... you love someone so much you are attached at the hip but you have glowing reviews for the man who killed her

this is why i always feel like there is more too it

Karen Ristevski's friends enraged by Sarah's continuing defence of killer father

A childhood friend of slain Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski has spoken of her disappointment, after Karen's daughter used a tell-all interview with 60 Minutes to defend her killer father.

"It makes me very angry but also very, very sad," the friend, who only wanted to be known as Sam, told A Current Affair.
"I had hoped to get closure last night," she said.

"I feel for Stephen, Karen's brother, and the rest of her family."

Another close friend, Sharryn, said Karen's only daughter Sarah "was her life".

"From what Karen used to say, they spoke on the phone at least six to eight times a day.

"They were very, very close, so it very much surprised me it was one-sided."
Karen Ristevski's friends enraged by Sarah's continuing defence of killer father

still doesn't change for me after watching the interview last night, i think she is involved still, the way she approached that interview is just bizarre to me JMO

the whole situation is odd all these years later i still think we're far from the truth of what happened that night

Could Sarah be acting odd cause she knows her father did it? Now... rather than back then? She seemed to know more than she was letting on... but when did she figure it out? On the other hand, she could have done it herself - for all I know, & daddy is covering. I feel sorry for her - there was over a million viewers that night. Many more since. She hasn't really done herself any favours... She seems very young, for her age

for all I know, & daddy is covering. I feel sorry for her - there was over a million viewers that night. Many more since. She hasn't really done herself any favours... She seems very young, for her age

immature is the vibe i get as well,

i always thought it was strange she still ended up going to europe after her mum is missing seems a little self involved

Did she? Doesn't surprise me if she's immature... How long after?

not sure maybe someone else has that information for you, but the cops traveled to europe to speak to her, even if it was after they found the body its still a little strange when you have so much to deal with back in melbourne

I still think when BR admitted manslaughter he should have been charged with perjury for lies told to police,family and the media. His deceit and lies meant that the Investigation took months longer and cost millions of police time and money than it needed to if he had put his hand up from day one yet he continued to lie right to the end.

Murderers and those who commit manslaughter have in the past in Australia faced charges against those crimes and at teh same time have been charged with perjury.

Rick Thorburns Tiahleigh Palmer
In March, Thorburn indicated he would plead guilty to murdering Tiahleigh and a judge scheduled his sentencing for May 25.
He was facing a life sentence for the murder.
Thorburn also pleaded guilty to a charge of perjury relating to alleged lies he told about her disappearance and interfering with a corpse.

I still think when BR admitted manslaughter he should have been charged with perjury for lies told to police,family and the media. His deceit and lies meant that the Investigation took months longer and cost millions of police time and money than it needed to if he had put his hand up from day one yet he continued to lie right to the end.

Murderers and those who commit manslaughter have in the past in Australia faced charges against those crimes and at teh same time have been charged with perjury.

Rick Thorburns Tiahleigh Palmer
In March, Thorburn indicated he would plead guilty to murdering Tiahleigh and a judge scheduled his sentencing for May 25.
He was facing a life sentence for the murder.
Thorburn also pleaded guilty to a charge of perjury relating to alleged lies he told about her disappearance and interfering with a corpse.

Is perjury only in a court of law? I'm not sure... ugg I despise Rick & his son

Is perjury only in a court of law? I'm not sure... ugg I despise Rick & his son
NSW determination of Perjury (*not sure of Victoria's):
CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 327
Offence of perjury
327 Offence of perjury
person who in or in connection with any judicial proceeding makes any false statement on oath concerning any matter which is material to the proceeding, knowing the statement to be false or not believing it to be true, is guilty of perjury and liable to imprisonment for 10 years.(2) A statement can be considered to have been made in connection with a judicial proceeding whether or not a judicial proceeding has commenced, or ever commences, in connection with it.(3) The determination of whether a statement is material to a judicial proceeding that has not commenced is to be made on the basis of any judicial proceeding likely to arise in connection with the statement.(4) The question of whether any matter is material to a proceeding is a question of law.

In Victoria, Perjury is a serious offence and carries a maximum penalty of 15 years imprisonment.

Penalties the Court can impose for Perjury:

The Offence Of Perjury:
The offence of Perjury is contained in section 314(1) of the Crimes Act which states:

Whosoever commits wilful and corrupt perjury or subornation of perjury shall be liable to level 4 imprisonment (15 years maximum).

Perjury is also an offence under the common law. This simply means that it is simply not written into any legislation but is still recognised by the courts. Common law perjury covers conduct that occurs in the course of a judicial proceeding, such as in Court.

What Actions Might Constitute Perjury?
  • Giving and signing a witness statement to police knowing some or all of it to be false
  • Lying in an affidavit or statutory declaration
  • Giving false evidence in Court
What The Police Must Prove:
To find you guilty of Perjury under the Crimes Act, the police must prove beyond reasonable doubt that:

1. You made a false statement;
  2. The false statement was made while on oath or affirmation, or in a declaration or affidavit; and
  3. You made the statement knowing it to be false
To find you guilty of common law Perjury, the police must prove beyond reasonable doubt that:

1. You made a false statement;
  2. The false statement was made while on oath or affirmation;
  3. The false statement was made in a judicial proceeding;
  4. The false statement was material to the judicial proceeding;
  5. You made the statement knowing it to be false
Possible Defences For Perjury:
  • Duress
  • Self-defence

NSW determination of Perjury (*not sure of Victoria's):
CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 327
Offence of perjury
327 Offence of perjury
person who in or in connection with any judicial proceeding makes any false statement on oath concerning any matter which is material to the proceeding, knowing the statement to be false or not believing it to be true, is guilty of perjury and liable to imprisonment for 10 years.(2) A statement can be considered to have been made in connection with a judicial proceeding whether or not a judicial proceeding has commenced, or ever commences, in connection with it.(3) The determination of whether a statement is material to a judicial proceeding that has not commenced is to be made on the basis of any judicial proceeding likely to arise in connection with the statement.(4) The question of whether any matter is material to a proceeding is a question of law.

well that answers the question, thank you! so police interviews are included...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back