Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they have been sifting for something like a cigarette butt? JMO...no idea what they could've possibly been searching, but that popped into my mind when thinking about something that couldn't be reproduced/might be able to disprove an alibi, etc.

Hello everybody, this is my 1st post! (I found WS a few years ago after always being interested in criminal especially missing persons cases and spending half my life being eaten away with knowing my childhood friend was murdered and the case was barely investigated.)

Anyway... I’m here for GANNON! As a mom of boys his case has torn at my heart. I have been angered & perplexed just as you all have... and am going crazy constantly checking on progress. I am so eager to hear a suspect named & that a little boy has been found... no matter how painful.

My opinion is they’ve been sifting for material evidence of some kind and they have a very legitimate reason for spending so much time in one area. I tend to think that the crime was committed quite spontaneously and there was only very panicked thoughts put into any concealment. Of course as someone else has recently speculated, the timeline could be very different than what we’ve been told however I do feel an end will soon be in sight... MOO.

GS❤️
Welcome!! Glad you posted! I too agreed that there must be a real good reason for sifting the snow..... I just wish we knew what they were looking for!!

Could they have been sifting for something like a cigarette butt? JMO...no idea what they could've possibly been searching, but that popped into my mind when thinking about something that couldn't be reproduced/might be able to disprove an alibi, etc.

Hopefully, something with her DNA all over it, and something that can be tied to Gannon's disappearance.

Spencer Wilson is saying EPCSheriff confirmed snow sifting since Wednesday, but didn't elaborate. There must be some very hard lead that's keeping them there. I am in utter awe of these people.

Spencer Wilson on Twitter
Wow. Snow sifting since Wednesday. That is so much work, the searchers have been stellar. The sifters are painted white. I wonder if they painted them for camouflage so they could sift without detection for a few days.

Exactly. The former highest attorney in the state speaking on behalf of LH and AS and publicly giving them her support in a TV interview sends a very, very powerful message to the person responsible and her supporters. And I'm absolutely positive it was intended to.
Yes! "They see what you see."

They know what you know.

They are coming for you, Tee.

I would think the neighbors would have smelled that, though. The homes seem pretty close together. Even if she did get rid of a phone hopefully LE can still get the data. Jmo
Hopefully they could unless it was a burner.

We lived off off Wandsworth and 44th in Wheatridge (Denver). Leaving 44th and heading towards 52th going down hill--- off to the left is a turn. Right smack dab in the middle of town is a discreet park. I could easily burn anything in a picnic grill and believe me no one would catch on.

Lol! Not that I would! Ha!

Hello everybody, this is my 1st post! (I found WS a few years ago after always being interested in criminal especially missing persons cases and spending half my life being eaten away with knowing my childhood friend was murdered and the case was barely investigated.)

Anyway... I’m here for GANNON! As a mom of boys his case has torn at my heart. I have been angered & perplexed just as you all have... and am going crazy constantly checking on progress. I am so eager to hear a suspect named & that a little boy has been found... no matter how painful.

My opinion is they’ve been sifting for material evidence of some kind and they have a very legitimate reason for spending so much time in one area. I tend to think that the crime was committed quite spontaneously and there was only very panicked thoughts put into any concealment. Of course as someone else has recently speculated, the timeline could be very different than what we’ve been told however I do feel an end will soon be in sight... MOO.

GS❤️

hope so...and welcome!

Hopefully they could unless it was a burner.

We lived off off Wandsworth and 44th in Wheatridge (Denver). Leaving 44th and heading towards 52th going down hill--- off to the left is a turn. Right smack dab in the middle of town is a discreet park. I could easily burn anything in a picnic grill and believe me no one would catch on.

Lol! Not that I would! Ha!
I think they can still retrieve information from burner phones. But I think she just used her own phone in this case. She might have turned it off or done something to misdirect LE, though. Jmo

Exactly. The former highest attorney in the state speaking on behalf of LH and AS and publicly giving them her support in a TV interview sends a very, very powerful message to the person responsible and her supporters. And I'm absolutely positive it was intended to.
Yes, and I also just felt almost inspired to see her step up and take on this supportive and protective role for strangers. Very good to see. I see the world ripping each other apart, and it's moving to see someone be decent and kind, to perform a duty for others. A good reminder that this is how we are supposed to be.

Okay, now I'm getting sappy.

jmo

If it is an object of any kind, why could it matter so much? Unless a weapon or human remains...what could LE not proceed without finding? Makes no sense to spend days looking for a key, a toy, a phone even...how does that prove anything? Even if they can link an object found to a suspect...so what, if Gannon is not found? Yes maybe they can prove a suspect was in the location...but what does that do to advance the case...just baffled...

I've heard detectives say they must follow the evidence and not lock in on anything until they've gathered everything possible.

Gannon's body may be found years from now but the small bits of circumstantial evidence can lead to a conviction. They are necessary to tell the story to a jury.

Hopefully, the evidence we saw LE removing from Gannon's home told a big part of it.
(This takes me back to Kelsey Berreth's home search when we wondered about the paper-wrapped items LE removed. Wow.....what a treasure-trove that turned out to be!)

Proving that a suspect was in certain locations
also proved to be key and certainly advanced the Berreth case.

We must trust that LE is not just out enjoying a romp in the snow and that they very much know what they're doing.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity about the location they are sifting in, I searched

“South Perry Park Road in southern Douglas County“

This business popped up immediately:
Stone Canyon Outdoor EdVentures

It’s an education center! Isn’t LS a teacher?!

She would likely know this place pretty well and probably attended many field trips here.

Attachments

• CC5DFF42-BF25-4D9A-B83F-3668DEE0A8C1.png
    CC5DFF42-BF25-4D9A-B83F-3668DEE0A8C1.png
    201 KB · Views: 33
Does anyone have thoughts on what the searchers are doing at the top of the hill? They are using an item that I can’t quite make out.

ETA: maybe they are setting up a sifter or it is just a different kind of sifter than what is being used down below. It looks like they’ve removed quite a bit of snow from that hill. Otherwise, it’s just melted a lot there.
The dedication,and determination, is awe inspiring. All for Gannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member