Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
By
JMO, but I think LE knew very early on that this wasn't a runaway case. I think they called it a runaway case for strategic reasons, and because they had reason to believe that publicizing what they knew behind the scenes 1. would not help Gannon in any way and 2. could slow down the flow of information they were getting from people who knew what happened to him.
declaring this a runaway, different investigative protocol is utilized. The very reason it was so important that the investigation was changed to endangered is so that they could be allowed to use the investigative protocols they are now being able to utilize. This is not just TS fault, this is also LE fault. There is a reason that in other missing child cases, LE doesn’t just believe the caretaker saying it’s a runaway situation. This is a major miscalculation on LE part. MOO

So you're saying she is a liar? ;)

I think we only know of one lie that I am aware of, that GS left the house to visit a friend.

Everything else we think is a lie, we can't actually prove at this time. But there appear to be many untruths in what she has said based on the unlikely nature of her "facts", and because most of these facts exonerate her in GS's harm and disappearance.

I personally think she mixes lies in with the truth. LE certainly has a better handle on what the truths are, and what the lies are.

Overall, I'm sure LE prefers lies over a POI that lawyers up.
Ok. You say there’s only one lie. Then you suggest there are many untruths. I don’t think there is a difference. When you aren’t truthful, you are a liar. Why quibble with words? Aren’t we all on the same side? At this point, I’m not willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Gannon has been gone 21 days!

I read through the comments and watch posters try to uncover clues based on what TS has said. I personally do not believe any of it, basically because she lies and has lied. What is her motivation to tell the truth? Nothing yet.

She lied that he ran away. She lied on the flier, and she made up sightings.

The Cousin It interview was a massive exercise in lying. She made up the stories about Marshall's and the LEO. That one is so patently unbelievable - a LEO approached her and drew his weapon? Then she and her daughter were at gunpoint? At a Marshall's during the day and no one else saw it? No. I believe she lied about being kicked out of the house. I think she left pissed off that LH was staying there. I'm not sure she lied about death threats because of the situation. But I'm sure she exaggerated. And she had her daughter lie. The actions at the police station seem like lies. Her rights were violated? No way.

I don't believe the comments she made about Burger King, woodworking tools laying around, a bloody foot, a gate, a key, etc. I think she makes things up to throw people off - and she knows people will not consider that she's lying, not at first. First thought is to believe someone. Not until later do you know they lied.

This woman is not that smart. Is she cunning? Maybe. She's a compulsive liar who is trying to weasel out of charges and you cannot trust anything she says.

JMO
Compulsive liars lie, for a myriad of self-serving reasons.
Sadistists commit sadistic acts because well, they are sadists, sadism is their motive, the love and live by causing others fear and pain, the longer and the deeper that pain the better for them. There is power in it for them, same with compulsive liars.
And narcissists, well everything goes back to them. They will help you if it helps them and if they get the credit for it as well, they only real focus is them and them being secure and well they think in charge, again, power and self-serving.
Ugh what a world some days
Sorry I'm not more positive in posting

JMO, but I think LE knew very early on that this wasn't a runaway case. I think they called it a runaway case for strategic reasons, and because they had reason to believe that publicizing what they knew behind the scenes 1. would not help Gannon in any way and 2. could slow down the flow of information they were getting from people who knew what happened to him.
they would have had access to any criminal files that might exist , if any did, they would have had reason to doubt, possibly immediately, depending on what if anything was found.
Otherwise I'm not sure they would have had any reason to doubt her story.
When they initially viewed the neighbors' cameras, all the neighbors, they would only have viewed from the 3.15pm time because that's what they were given.
They had no reason to view the times before and it's hugely time consuming.

IMO ... I will say I don’t do selfies...
BUT.... If she is taking selfies to show Dad what they have been up to while he is away for work...
WHY would you take pictures in the driveway? Why not take them at the grocery store? Or the Doctors office or wherever you ran errands for the day?
I hate to even type this...but given the nature of the person in question, perhaps it was regarded as 'one final selfie', also to be used as proof that he was there with her that morning, of course. If, in fact, such a pic even exists.
All MOO.

By

declaring this a runaway, different investigative protocol is utilized. The very reason it was so important that the investigation was changed to endangered is so that they could be allowed to use the investigative protocols they are now being able to utilize. This is not just TS fault, this is also LE fault. There is a reason that in other missing child cases, LE doesn’t just believe the caretaker saying it’s a runaway situation. This is a major miscalculation on LE part. MOO
It’s winter in Colorado. He is eleven years old. The father began calling/texting neighbors/friends immediately and both he and Gannon’s mother flew to CO in short order. They surely just as swiftly gave LE a sense of the plausibility of Gannon suddenly running away. They also likely provided other information that shined light on this story. LE surely soon after questioned neighbors/friends who did not have a scheduled play date or see Gannon at their home. And her behavior has never made sense.

But mostly, it’s winter in Colorado and he’s eleven and was reported to take scheduled medication. I seriously doubt that LE shrugged off a missing eleven year old on a January night in Colorado - whose step parent could not produce a single neighborhood friend that saw or was supposed to see Gannon that day - a day he also did not go to school.

Last edited:
By

I'm sure you're right about the different protocol for differently designated investigations. I'm saying I think that behind the scenes of LE, the endangered missing person protocol was being followed much earlier than was reported in MSM, like by sometime Tuesday at the latest. JMO.

Ok. You say there’s only one lie. Then you suggest there are many untruths. I don’t think there is a difference. When you aren’t truthful, you are a liar. Why quibble with words? Aren’t we all on the same side? At this point, I’m not willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Gannon has been gone 21 days!

Yes, the truth matters. But guilt and innocence matters too. And bringing Gannon home matters the most.

But regarding the SM or anyone else, I am strongly on the side of justice. There are many holes in the SM's recollection of events, but I only know of one confirmed lie. I believe there are details that she knows and hasn't given to LE. She is guilty of something, but I don't know what at this point.

But I am not willing to convict her of particular crimes that may or may not have occurred. I am not in a rush to be right, and I'm OK with being wrong. Past history tells us the most probable path this goes down, and I think this is how you are thinking.

I just see some things here that don't add up yet.

MOO Not enough time in a 4 hour window for a lot of stuff to happen in this area, considering a drive from home to this area is about 2 hours round trip. That would leave 2 hours for whatever to happen, to happen.

I'm tending to think meet up with someone, pass off Gannon to someone else, or pass off his body, for disposal under cover of darkness.

I've considered the numerous purported search areas, and the throwing of stuff out along the way. It just seems like too much, meaning, how much stuff would you have to throw out, at 3, maybe 4 different places, or more? Unless it would be scattered body parts all over the place. That's feasible, but the time to do it all would be quite tight.....not to mention, in broad daylight.....unless, the hand off to someone occurred.

Then there is the thought I had of horse's. That Spruce mountain appears to be accessible by horseback. A person knowing the region could do a rather remote body disposal there. MOO

Spruce Mountain is very popular with horseback riders. It's also pretty busy with hikers and mountain bikers, even in the winter months. I think it would be difficult to carry a body on horseback without someone noticing. It might be less noticeable on an ATV or snowmobile.

FL has high humidity year round. Our winters are mild but the humidity causes colder days to be very damp. I’m in west central FL and the high is 87.
Grew up in Houston so I can definitely relate to having humidity year round. Being on the gulf coast makes even Winter feel muggy and chills you to the bone.

Yes, the truth matters. But guilt and innocence matters too. And bringing Gannon home matters the most.

But regarding the SM or anyone else, I am strongly on the side of justice. There are many holes in the SM's recollection of events, but I only know of one confirmed lie. I believe there are details that she knows and hasn't given to LE. She is guilty of something, but I don't know what at this point.

But I am not willing to convict her of particular crimes that may or may not have occurred. I am not in a rush to be right, and I'm OK with being wrong. Past history tells us the most probable path this goes down, and I think this is how you are thinking.

I just see some things here that don't add up yet.
Speak brother speak! Truth! Testify !

Spruce Mountain is very popular with horseback riders. It's also pretty busy with hikers and mountain bikers, even in the winter months. I think it would be difficult to carry a body on horseback without someone noticing. It might be less noticeable on an ATV or snowmobile.
Just in case any wild ideas...motorized vehicles are not allowed on the county open space, parking is severely limited, sound carries, neighbors are close by, the area is patrolled by rangers (granted, not many and not often), so I'd rule out ATV/snowmobile possibility.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around her taking him and meeting someone to take him, ATVs, horses, extravagant plans/scenarios, etc.
I think a simple explanation is it, IMO. KISS.
She hurt him, then tried to cover it up to save herself. Quick removal, not well thought out, sloppy. Hopefully she made a lot of mistakes that will end her. I just hope it can be resolved sooner rather than later. :(

Having said all this, I also wouldn't be surprised by crazy stories and twists, either. There is some level of mental instability going on here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151