Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also surprised that he didn't run after putting her body in the woods. It sounds like they were checking cars that were leaving the neighborhood, and if he didn't have any evidence hidden in his car..then I'm not sure what he would have been worried about as far as leaving goes. Unless there had been evidence in his trunk previously, and he was worried about LE detecting a "smell" if his car was searched on the way out.
His car may have been one of the two seen leaving the neighborhood. If that's the case, he knew it would be searched if he returned it to the neighborhood. I wonder if he parked it near the Napa parts store and that's why he disposed her body in the woods.

JMO

Like many, I still have questions/wonder about some things, but at least we were given more info than in the Lucas Hernandez case (dads girlfriend ended up shooting herself a few days after leading a PI to his little body)

Why would he risk putting anything of Faye's in the trash at all? Why not keep it hiding in his home, as it seemed to have "worked" for him when they came to his home on Wednesday..although I know we don't have any confirmation on where Faye was hidden on Wednesday or during those days at all.

I do wonder so much about what was seen on the videos recovered by LE.
All JMO. If any of this is not allowed, please report or let me know. I rarely post but have been watching this thread since the beginning.
<snipped by me for focus>
1) LE had searched the trash bins on Wednesday and perhaps he assumed they would not look at the trash on Thursday (the regular garbage pick up day.
2) I think that him still having one of Faye's boots was an accident on his part. Perhaps it fell off her body into the 'bag' with which she had been transported.
JMO[/QUOTE]
Agree with your assessment, rkendmar.

Bringing vaporlass' post forward.

This is a composite sketch for the suspect in a 2012 attempted abduction in Lexington County. (Same county as Cayce.) I must say when I saw this several days ago, it gave me chills. 8 years ago.

2e5a410ea7d17b126c986011d75d1983.jpg

Composite Sketch Released of Attempted Abduction Suspect
I have goosebumps!
Gotta agree with ya.
MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200218-151000_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200218-151000_Drive.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 28
What a horrible, disgusting monster CT was. Rest in peace, sweet baby girl Faye. She deserved to have a wonderful life. I can only hope mom and grandma will be showered with support and love by their community and anyone else for a very long time to come. My gosh. There are no words.

I have so many questions..none of which are my business. I've grown to care about this sweet girl and her family so much, just as we all have.. so I can't help but wonder.

Could his roommate have been coming home on Thursday morning, prompting CT to move her before his roommate's arrival back home (if he really had not been home during that time).

Does anyone have any thoughts on why CT put one rain boot in the trash? I can't seem to think of any reason for only one rainboot to be put in the trash. (This person was a monster and I'm not saying we will ever be able to or ever want to understand why he did anything..but I'm sure he had the full intention of covering his tracks, considering that he hid her body in the middle of the night). Why would he risk putting anything of Faye's in the trash at all? Why not keep it hiding in his home, as it seemed to have "worked" for him when they came to his home on Wednesday..although I know we don't have any confirmation on where Faye was hidden on Wednesday or during those days at all.

All JMO. If any of this is not allowed, please report or let me know. I rarely post but have been watching this thread since the beginning.
What day would the trash be collected? One of the reasons that crossed my mind would be if the trash was due for collection the following day and CT thought that it would be taken before LE got to search it... JMOO and supposition

When police searched his house approximately 48 hours after her death, would there be an odor yet?

I’m truly hoping the DNA evidence linking Faye to the residence is maybe hair or the release of bowel control or other fluids after death and not SA. They said asphyxiation not strangulation, but maybe his DNA was on her neck? I remember from the Watts case that smothering with fabric can sometimes leave fibers in the lungs. I can hope but I know how unlikely that is.

Do we know if the body was concealed in some way? In a duffle bag or wrapped in a sheet? Even if he moved her in the middle of the night, there were people constantly on the lookout and he couldn’t just carry her openly, could he?

He was found bleeding on his patio per WLTX19 within moments of Faye's body being found. He very well could have been dead already.

Thanks -- B Snellgrove said he was deceased and I was questioning your initial post that stated he was alive on the patio.

Alert recv'd CT was alive but bleeding on patio at approx.

Why would he risk putting anything of Faye's in the trash at all? Why not keep it hiding in his home, as it seemed to have "worked" for him when they came to his home on Wednesday..although I know we don't have any confirmation on where Faye was hidden on Wednesday or during those days at all.

1) LE had searched the trash bins on Wednesday and perhaps he assumed they would not look at the trash on Thursday (the regular garbage pick up day.
2) I think that him still having one of Faye's boots was an accident on his part. Perhaps it fell off her body into the 'bag' with which she had been transported.
JMO[/QUOTE]

Because killers honestly just aren’t as smart as we think they are. He prob thought since the trash had already been searched previously that he would toss it out just hours before the garbage truck came and nobody would know any better. Most likely thought they would find her body first and the trash would already be gone and that he was outsmarting them and getting away with it. Criminals do dumb stuff every day.

JMO

And, if it's true that a room mate was coming back, there couldn't be anything of hers in the apt.

I believe it's going to be very subtle. Possibly coming home late (typical of his work) and maybe sitting in his car for a few minutes, hesitating to enter his apartment -- or even coming home often for a few minutes and leaving again. Behavior that after-the-fact would indicate CT had Faye concealed, checking on his place, and still formulating how to remove her body from his home.

I really don't think CT anticipated that a huge presence of law enforcement would take up residence in his neighborhood and set up entry/exit checkpoints until she was found.

MOO

This may very well be true. That would lead me to think that his actions were impulsive and not well thought out. He didn't seem to have an exit plan, unlike the kidnapper of Jayme Closs who seems to have planned it all out in advance. Although CT's timing would have to be remarkable to snatch her just when she was briefly alone and while his roommate was away. Anything is a possibility for a diseased mind. Unless the roommate or CT's family have any clues, I don't think we will know.

I sincerely ache for CT's family, too. The disintegration of your own child is not easy to bear, nor the disgrace, and they were likely unaware of how terribly his mind was malfunctioning.

I'm glad he's gone. Too bad he can't face administered justice, but neither can he destroy any other child.

Faye's beautiful joyful eyes break my heart. Rest in peace, sweetheart. You deserved so much more in this life.

All my sympathy to her family, who somehow must find the strength to continue on.

I just got home from work and am trying to catch up. I agree with @janewall these post are exactly my thoughts adding that I am so relieved that her family doesn't have to sit through a trial and hear it over and over again.

Not to take away from sweet Faye, but I remember the heartfelt post from Terry Elvis sent to our WS private group, about waiting years for justice for his missing daughter Heather, sitting through several trials, hearing the guilty verdicts and sentencing, and knowing they will be going to prison - but nothing brings Heather back, The lost, empty feeling because all of the years since she went missing they waited for their day in court and then it comes and nothing changes the facts - she's not coming back.

ETA All of this is Sad! Sad! Sad!

Last edited:
He worked in a restaurant and likely was a key holder, right? They have big refrigerator / freezers, big bags and big cardboard boxes. And sweet little Faye was just a tiny girl. I wonder if they investigated that restaurants storage areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth