Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... maybe. I took a look at his Instagram and Reddit accounts.

Instagram - nearly all of the accounts he followed were either underwear models, fitness models, or *advertiser censored* stars

Reddit - it's mostly just a bunch of comments he posted about Dungeons & Dragons or League of Legends

However, I did find one interesting comment he made about a year ago on the UnpopularOpinion Reddit board. It was in response to the following post:
being “creepy” is an inevitable part of young men learning to speak to women they’re interested in.

His comment talked about how it really hit close to home for him because he was approaching 30 and in the same boat. He said that he felt a bit sad reading it but had mostly stopped caring about trying to find a relationship a few years ago. He also said that he occasionally felt those pangs of loneliness and depression that will never go away but that his work life usually kept him too busy to focus on them.

So... there's that.

Links? I'd be interested to take a look at those, specifically the UnpopularOpinion Reddit post; or is what you summarized basically all that he posted about that?

Or were there links posted earlier that I missed? The thread got really busy after the 3pm presser today and I'm still playing a bit of catch-up.

I’m just trying to reconcile CT’s demeanor and cooperation with LE vs how he was caught and the suicide. The manner in which he was caught seems rather clumsy for someone who could calmly cooperate investigators without doing something suspicious.

Again, it is more than likely he killed her intentionally, so I am not trying to defend him.
There are just things about motive and timeline that need to be addressed.

Happens often enough it’s even a code:
ICD-10-CM Code T71.22
Asphyxiation due to being trapped in a car trunk
We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think she accidentally died in a car trunk and I don't think he killed himself because a neighbor kid accidentally died in his car trunk.

jmo

Happens often enough it’s even a code:
ICD-10-CM Code T71.22
Asphyxiation due to being trapped in a car trunk

Maybe something like this could have been speculated before the press conference, although then we hadn't heard that she was asphyxiated. However, post press conference,we know this isn't what happened. LE made it clear that she was intentionally harmed and COD was asphyxiation. CT was the sole culprit. Nothing about this was accidental.

Intoxicated RE: if she had been accidentally pinned by his car when he pulled up.

The reference to her being in his trunk is if she crawled in and was trapped. Dozens of children die this way every year, tragically.

If she had been accidentally pinned by his car, or if she crawled in his trunk, wouldn't there be damage to his car & evidence in his car..... not his home?

did LE check every car trunk entering? Of course he didn’t walk carrying a corpse. He could have walked home Monday evening, that isn’t a violation. Wednesday he could have brought his car home. Speculation.
We'll see if there's any evidence of that. As for a remote area, where are you thinking he would go? Some places I can think of are the sand pits further out 302, or the airport. People who work at the sand would notice the car. An abandoned car along that road (Hwy 302) might have brought LE out there. Same for a car on I-26. An abandoned car, a local plate. That's risky. The airport would be a good place to leave a car, and he could easily get a taxi or other transportation to the Lizard's Thicket, Waffle House or even one of the motels. Why leave his car somewhere and come back? If the car had the body in it, which is very unlikely, why come back and why bring the car and body back? I have read unverified reports that they were checking every car leaving, including the trunk. That's why some residents were late for work. They were checked leaving and coming in.

I really believe he wanted her found and for it to be over. I don’t think he left her boot in the garbage on accident or because he was a “dumb “ criminal (for lack of better words). He left it so she would be found and wanted his body found. His time of death wasn’t released, I believe, and a lot of people are acting like he slit his throat when they found his garbage. He probably did it shortly after moving Faye and he was probably dead for hours before LE found him

I’m just trying to reconcile CT’s demeanor and cooperation with LE vs how he was caught and the suicide. The manner in which he was caught seems rather clumsy for someone who could calmly cooperate investigators without doing something suspicious.

Again, it is more than likely he killed her intentionally, so I am not trying to defend him.
There are just things about motive and timeline that need to be addressed.

I agree, many questions that only the party involved could answer. IMO I think he cooperated because the thought he could get away with it.

The questions I have are more directed towards what he did after she died...where did he keep her? Did he go about his normal life? What was he planning to do after he left her in the woods Wednesday night or early Thursday morning? Why didn't he just run for it? All of these are jmo

Intoxicated RE: if she had been accidentally pinned by his car when he pulled up.

The reference to her being in his trunk is if she crawled in and was trapped. Dozens of children die this way every year, tragically.

People have all sorts of reasons for going out on a long limb to explain why a perpetrator is not guilty of terrible crimes. Maybe they're family or feel some kinship with the perp.

In the case of CT, all would be wise to go back and hear LE's words today where it was clearly stated that he did this crime.
  • DNA in his home.
  • Faye's boot in his garbage can.
  • Fresh dirt on a ladle in that can.
  • Evidence they're not disclosing in deference to the family.
  • Unreleased video where CT acted questionably.
Whatever CT's level of mental health or disappointment over the hand life dealt him, he ended the life of a sweet little girl and there is no trying to rehabilitate his reputation, no reason to keep an open mind about him.

I feel for his family who may or may not have known his proclivities and I hope he had a moment asking God to forgive him but I'm glad no other girl has to look into his face.

Last edited:
Up and down on an artery, rather than side to side? Incised rather than slashed.
Incised Wound: Types
Incised wounds are wounds that are usually longer than they are deep. They are caused by a sharp item cutting or slashing into the skin, making a long laceration or cut. Often times these wounds are not very deep, usually only damaging the skin. However, occasionally these types of wounds can be very deep, cutting into muscle tissue, tendons, or major blood vessels. Damage to major blood vessels can cause life-threatening bleeding.
Incised Wound: Definition, Types & Treatment | Study.com

One thing from PC that stood out to me: how quickly hundreds of people were searching for Faye.

Coty must’ve thought he had a fool proof plan but shockingly quickly became trapped in his townhouse. He must’ve been stunned and His panic grew from Monday until Thursday when he made a series of stupid moves.

faye disappeared at 4pm. Dozens of neighbors searched for her until police arrived at 5pm. By 6pm almost 100 officials were searching and that grew to 300.

Coty must’ve been soiling his pants. He had a dead little girl right there in his bedroom with hundreds looking for her right outside. And they didn’t leave until the pressure made him self destruct

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member