Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they made it back to Kauai? I don't see anything, but wanted to point out that their flight out of Maui stopped on Oahu before continuing to Kauai.

I'm not 100%, but I think they were staying at Marriott Maui Ocean Club. The floor material in the lobby def matches up.

It also niggles at me that they were photographed at Costco on Kauai on Thursday afternoon with a shopping cart with plenty of fresh fruit and veg in it. A bag of avocados at Costco comes with maybe 6, I think. Did they have time to eat all that stuff before leaving on Sunday? It takes my family a week to go through a Costco weekly purchase of fresh veg/fruit. It does make me wonder if their trip to Maui was a last minute thing.

Lori had a child with husband #2, and husband #3, but not with Charles. Seems clear to me that Charles wanted to have children with Lori (eventually adopting JJ so he and Lori could have a child together). So as far as I can tell, either Lori could (but didn't want to have a child with Charles) or already had trouble reproducing going back years.

As far as we know, they weren't actively seeking to adopt thru an agency or anything like that. Since this was a familial adoption, it may have just been a chance to help family out as opposed to a strong desire to have a child together.

The world isn't going to end for another five months, so they may as well take a vacation. IMO they'll be back when the money runs out.

Well good point. TBH if we all believed it then that is what we all would do right?
But "where are the children"? Don't they deserve to be in Hawaii too for the next five months, Chad and Lori?

Lori had a child with husband #2, and husband #3, but not with Charles. Seems clear to me that Charles wanted to have children with Lori (eventually adopting JJ so he and Lori could have a child together). So as far as I can tell, either Lori could (but didn't want to have a child with Charles) or already had trouble reproducing going back years.
I’m not so sure about that one, We don’t know that they adopted because they had trouble reproducing. It may have been that the chance to adopt JJ came along and they took it. They both had children from previous marriages so maybe he was enough for them? Perhaps his needs were such that more children would have been too much? Perhaps CV had a vasectomy? To me there’s too many possible factors that make it safe to assume CD and LV won’t have children. I hope they don’t (no child deserves them as parents after what they’ve done). MOO

Thanks for finding that! It's totally acceptable here, since Lauren is a journalist we can link to her posts.

Has anyone figured out the hotel yet? Also, not sure if this has been mentioned but they flew to Maui the day before Presidents Day. Monday, Feb 17th was a bank holiday and government offices were closed. The holiday also effected the recycling center hours, the bus schedule and local pools closed Monday and Tuesday in Kauai: Presidents’ Day: Here’s a look at what will be closed on Kauai

Another thing I found interesting is that Maui was called the most expensive place in the US this year to travel for a President's Day weekend vacation: Maui is most expensive Presidents’ Day US destination
Hawaii: Priciest US Destinations for Presidents' Day Weekend Are on Maui

With Valentines Day being Friday, Feb 14th, I'm sure many Americans who had President's Day off from work took Friday off as well and did a 4 day weekend trip somewhere. But Lori and Chad went to Maui at the end of the long weekend (Sunday Feb 16th-Tuesday Feb 18th). Are there last minute hotel deals for Hawaii locals? Otherwise, why travel during peak holiday prices/when many hotels would be booked full? Was Lori unable to cope with her local pool closing for 2 days? Are they trying to show they have money to burn? Or trying to burn through their money more quickly? Or did they meet up with someone who had President's Day off work and was therefore able to sneak off to meet them on Monday without being obvious about it?

MOO.
The hotel might be Royal Lahaina Resort. Image source: TripAdvisor

lobby.jpg

A thought or two about the trip to Maui. Disclaimer I work in finance so while this is MOO its rooted in what I do everyday.

A while back one of our Hawaii posters made some comments about banks that were on Kauai and how there were only a select few, I am assuming this is probably true for financial institutions. So here are my thoughts what if they had to sign a document in person with a bank or financial institution, we have some forms that can not be signed online and have to have a "wet signature" (not electronic real life signature) these are mostly involved with moving money to third parties, transferring accounts, and changing ownership of accounts. I have not done any research on what financial instituions/banks are on Maui vs. Kauai was wondering if any of our lovely Hawaii experts have any insider knowledge on this?

Also if Charles was in the financial industry it would be most advantageous of him based on his income to contribute as much as he could through the household into IRA's and SEP plans to get the deduction. I wouldn't be surprised if Charles was max funding both he and Lori's IRA's/SEP's to get the tax deductions. Also LV is not of the age where she could take money out of her retirement account without being penalized another form that would most likely require an in-person signature.

All this is MOO
But it does raise interesting scenarios. Perhaps Lori and Charles were "hiding money" in Hawaii before.... they did live there for three years..trying to start those orange juice places. Can you "hide" money" so as not to be declared in a bankruptcy? And oh how I wish we could fill in some of the goings on during Lori's 56 days away from AZ in early 2019.

Posted to Media Timeline- page 34

Dateline Episode-Where are the Children

An investigation into the case of two missing Idaho children making national headlines. The trail leads Keith Morrison to Hawaii in search of their mother and her new husband.

Available until 09/26/20
Appearing:
Tags: news, Crime, murder, Mystery, Lester Holt, Josh Mankiewicz, keith morrison, Dennis Murphy, Andrea Canning
S2020 E2142083 min

The world isn't going to end for another five months, so they may as well take a vacation. IMO they'll be back when the money runs out.
Or better yet, look at resettling in some west coast city with lots of welfare handouts. They should start shopping for a nice car or little RV to live out of.

Everyone sees the world through their own eyes. I wonder if you more experienced sleuths have a feel for how much disagreement between witnesses is too much? For example, there were contradicting accounts about whether AC grabbed CV from behind or if he grabbed the bat CV was holding onto and that pulled CV back... That could be the same event depending on who is looking at it and from what angle.

Tylee saying she heard "a" loud noise while the LE processing the scene are saying 3 or 4 shots fired while CV has 2 gunshot wounds, that doesn't smell right.

MOO
I
Everyone sees the world through their own eyes. I wonder if you more experienced sleuths have a feel for how much disagreement between witnesses is too much? For example, there were contradicting accounts about whether AC grabbed CV from behind or if he grabbed the bat CV was holding onto and that pulled CV back... That could be the same event depending on who is looking at it and from what angle.

Tylee saying she heard "a" loud noise while the LE processing the scene are saying 3 or 4 shots fired while CV has 2 gunshot wounds, that doesn't smell right.

MOO
I saw a motivational speaker once called MCGEE
He was talking about individual perspectives and said something that not only resonated with me but stayed with me ever since and I have used the example many times....
Think of a plastic blow up beach ball that has 6 pieces of different coloured plastic sewn together. Once inflated, a person stands opposite each other and puts the beach ball between them. As I look at it I see black yellow and white and as you look at it you see red green and blue . They represent the 6 pieces of plastic that make up the beach ball. Now, no matter which way you twist that ball or no matter if you throw it into the air and catch it with you both still stood opposite each other, and the ball lands between you both, you are still looking at different colours of that beach ball to the person stood opposite you. Translate the beach ball into everyday events and everyday interactions, and this is what’s called individual perspectives. So you and I can see exactly the same incident unfolded in front of us but we will still both have individual perspectives and accounts of what took place and no two accounts will be the same, just like you will not ever be looking at the same three colours of the beach ball as the person opposite you. That is called individual perspectives. I love that analogy because if I’m ever in dispute with someone, I recall this .... or within my Police career when taking witness statements and they differed between people, I would recall this ... and I think that something so simple represents something so powerful within us all - our individual perspectives and recollections.

For those that live in Idaho is it worth contacting your govenors, politicians and people in power and asking them to push through some kind of bill that can make child abandonment or failure to respond to a court order (or whatever charge is apparently not a felony) a actual felony? Just grasping at straws but surely if those in power are bombarded with pressure then it may shake things up enough to get them extradited and jailed until they produce the kids. Just thinking aloud and MOO but it may help.

I am catching up on this thread, but wanted to respond to this post. Sorry if it has been discussed already!

Here in the U.S., constitutionally, we cannot be subject to ex post facto laws. Essentially, crimes cannot be punished retroactively if the offense was not a crime when the offense occurred. In this case, basically, if failure to respond to a court order is not subject to criminal liability with current laws, then they cannot retroactively make it criminal.

Does anyone know if they made it back to Kauai? I don't see anything, but wanted to point out that their flight out of Maui stopped on Oahu before continuing to Kauai.

I'm not 100%, but I think they were staying at Marriott Maui Ocean Club. The floor material in the lobby def matches up.

It also niggles at me that they were photographed at Costco on Kauai on Thursday afternoon with a shopping cart with plenty of fresh fruit and veg in it. A bag of avocados at Costco comes with maybe 6, I think. Did they have time to eat all that stuff before leaving on Sunday? It takes my family a week to go through a Costco weekly purchase of fresh veg/fruit. It does make me wonder if their trip to Maui was a last minute thing.

I wonder if they were meeting with their lawyers

As far as we know, they weren't actively seeking to adopt thru an agency or anything like that. Since this was a familial adoption, it may have just been a chance to help family out as opposed to a strong desire to have a child together.
Per his sister, Charles loved children and adopted JJ so he and Lori could have a child together.

But it does raise interesting scenarios. Perhaps Lori and Charles were "hiding money" in Hawaii before.... they did live there for three years..trying to start those orange juice places. Can you "hide" money" so as not to be declared in a bankruptcy? And oh how I wish we could fill in some of the goings on during Lori's 56 days away from AZ in early 2019.

Sure you can hide money so it is not declared in a bankruptcy. But it was Chad and Tammy who had the bankruptcy not Lori and Charles, if memory serves me right. So there is no reason to hide money. It could be sitting in a bank account/investment account. What needs to be explained and I think is being missed is there have been some changes in the financial industry recently, a lot of it has to do with verifying where money is coming from, also most major financial companies will not accept checks from any bank that is not an American bank. We are essentially responsible for making sure all the money we receive can be explained. So I'm just hypothesizing that the only reason in the entire world from Chad and Lori to jump on a plane and take that risk is money, for some reason the post popped into my mind of the wonderful poster talking about banking in Hawaii, that led me to assume there probably wasn't a branch of every financial institution on the island.

It would make sense for Charles to be managing his own investment accounts, when you die in this industry and are still practicing if you don't have a succession plan in place your clients get spread out to other financial professionals within the company. So theoretically Lori's accounts IF she has any, are with a financial professional she may not know if she wants them transferred she would most likely have to physically sign a paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo