Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he wasn't 'there for him' in the sense most of us would expect: to protect his life. But NP is not the "usual" type. Perhaps he would want Fd to do what he wanted. The ultimate selfish act.

NP claimed to have received Fd's last wishes - or however he worded it. I would have to think that would have included his intent.

In other words - if Fd said he wanted NP to clear his name after his death, he had to have included that 'little' detail of his intent.

How else are we to take NP's claim? He can't have it both ways. Yes, it's extreme, but I have a feeling he KNEW what Fd was about to do. And NP was the type to let him have his way.
I thought FD had left a message or a note for NP to read after his suicide where he requested that NP clear his name for him. Or perhaps NP just made that up for more drama.

I’m sure about it. He was going to replace the front two seats which means driver and passenger. Not the bench seats

The PG Tacoma only had 1/2 door (not a full second door) with jump seats in the back that folded down so far as I recall. I've never understood how the Porsche seats would fit into the Tacoma unless it was to replace the front seats. We went through this extensively in a prior thread so I'm going from memory here. We had pictures of the interior of the Tacoma to figure out how this all could be done.

MOO

Having googled make and model and reviewing AW3 again, I agree. Front passenger seat had the blood stain.

Thank you all on the clarification. I see it now, Point #29 on page 17 of the January 2020 Dulos and Troconis Arrest Warrants.

Last edited:
Thank you! I have another thought, Perhaps the 40 minute period was used for waiting for someone to arrive? I take it that Jennifers phone didn't ping anywhere outside the route from welles to lapham? I've looked at Lapham Road on streetview and it doesn't seem very private to swop from one vehicle to another.
Thank you! I have another thought, Perhaps the 40 minute period was used for waiting for someone to arrive? I take it that Jennifers phone didn't ping anywhere outside the route from welles to lapham? I've looked at Lapham Road on streetview and it doesn't seem very private to swop from one vehicle to another.
I agree the 40 minutes was either used to transfer the body to a unknown person or placed in a pre dug grave.I say unknown person because le has never referenced mt or km as being in nc that day. Moo maybe le is holding information but I like to think not moo

I'm confused about the cell phone still. are we sure the red cell phone is jennifer's cell phone? or was that one of the kids cells inside her suburban. i thought that he would throw her cell phone away. per the warrants it does not specify that the cell phone found was hers, please correct me if i'm wrong. thank you guys

Well, he wasn't 'there for him' in the sense most of us would expect: to protect his life. But NP is not the "usual" type. Perhaps he would want Fd to do what he wanted. The ultimate selfish act.

NP claimed to have received Fd's last wishes - or however he worded it. I would have to think that would have included his intent.

In other words - if Fd said he wanted NP to clear his name after his death, he had to have included that 'little' detail of his intent.

How else are we to take NP's claim? He can't have it both ways. Yes, it's extreme, but I have a feeling he KNEW what Fd was about to do. And NP was the type to let him have his way.
I thought FD had left a message or a note for NP to read after his suicide where he requested that NP clear his name for him. Or perhaps NP just made that up for more drama.
@afitzy I am going to try to get some Lego toy figures to represent the various houses, players and cars and see if the HC article by DA, EF and SG published on Sunday, January 12, 2020 entitled "Attorney is key part of Dulos case" actually jibes with the AW. This might take awhile because the list of "missing info" is longer than "known facts". Here is an excerpt that I am trying to check out. IMO, a quick skim over seems like it does jibe with the AW but with DA, ya never know until you check it against the AW yourself!

Source: As investigation into Jennifer Farber Dulos’ disappearance continues, relationship between Fotis Dulos and attorney friend Kent Mawhinney becomes a key issue

Excerpt from page A6, midway down the second column of the print article with sub-heading:

"Jennifer's death"
"A few days later — around the time Dulos is accused of killing Jennifer — there is evidence of further contact between Mawhinney and Dulos, authorities say.

On May 23, two days after his last meeting with Mawhinney’s wife, Dulos was hosting a dinner party at his Jefferson Crossing home in Farmington. That same day, at around 4:54 p.m., surveillance video showed his black Raptor and a red Toyota truck belonging to his employee driving toward another house owned by the Fore Group a few miles away, on Mountain Spring Road.

Police believe Dulos left the red truck at that house and drove back to Jefferson Crossing in the Raptor arriving less than 15 minutes later — at 5:10 p.m. State police also believe Dulos would use that red Toyota the next day to drive down to New Canaan and murder his wife before returning to Mountain Spring Road to clean it.

Less than 10 minutes after Dulos returned to Jefferson Crossing, Mawhinney’s phone pinged off a cell tower near Mountain Spring Road — meaning the phone was physically in the same area. The phone pinged twice, the last time at 5:23 p.m, state police say phone records show.

Dulos didn’t stay at Jefferson Crossing very long — heading back to Mountain Spring at 5:35 p.m. and staying there for at least six minutes before leaving.

The next morning, Mawhinney arrived at Dulos’ home at 7:30 a.m. for a business meeting. Surveillance video shows that he stayed there until almost 8:30 a.m. Police believe Dulos had left for New Canaan earlier that morning. The warrant said the alarm on his cellphone went off at 4:20 a.m.

Mawhinney initially told state police there wasn’t a pre-arranged meeting for that day and that he didn’t remember talking to Dulos at all that day. He did admit that Dulos wasn’t at Jefferson Crossing when he was there. In his second interview, he acknowledged Dulos had set up the meeting for that morning and also told detectives that “if there’s a phone call, I guess I did (talk to Dulos).”

The meeting that morning — and changing stories about it told to police by Trocnonis — are featured prominently in the arrest warrants linked to the murder charge. While Troconis initially told authorities she saw both Dulos and Mawhinney at Jefferson Crossing that morning, she would later say she never saw Dulos.

Mawhinney reenters the picture later that day, authorities say.

Phone records show that Dulos called Mawhinney at 7:47 p.m. on May 24 while police say Dulos was on Albany Avenue in Hartford dropping garbage bags coated with the blood of Farber Dulos into trash cans. The timing of that call jibes with when state police say they believe Dulos placed a FedEx package into a storm drain in front of Scott’s Jamaican Bakery. Police recovered the package that contained an old license plate that had been altered belonging to Dulos.

“Mawhinney was asked if he would know why Dulos would have contacted him while dumping evidence into trash receptacles in Hartford. Mawhinney reiterated that he didn’t remember any kind of contact with Dulos and did not know why Fotis would have called him while disposing of evidence,” the arrest warrant said."

I always found it odd that FD bothered to package up his altered license plate inside of a FedEx box and placed it inside of a storm drain. Those drains collect rain water, melted snow as well as leaves, dirt and debris from the street and they are maintained and cleaned out by the town’s local Public Works department. That box could have caused a clog and been discovered eventually.
Would it be possible, FD placed it there temporarily and had planned on retrieving it eventually? But for what purpose, I wonder. If he really wanted to get rid of it to avoid any connection to this case, why not dispose of it in a place where no one would find it, like he did his wife?

I agree the 40 minutes was either used to transfer the body to a unknown person or placed in a pre dug grave.I say unknown person because le has never referenced mt or km as being in nc that day. Moo maybe le is holding information but I like to think not moo

I have to ask this and I ask it politely. I am perplexed: Since LE has said already that they have not shared all of their evidence yet—and when would we expect that LE would tell the public all of the evidence they have given that their purpose is to investigate the crime and help ensure justice to the victim, not to fulfill the public’s desire for every detail, why do you think they are not? Moreover, why would you “like to think not”, meaning if your statement implies, as context indicates, that you don’t want MT or KM to be responsible? Why is that, and, again, I ask politely as I do not understand why you would be opposed to the two people already tied by evidence as in the AWs to the crimes committed against Jennifer Farber Dulos in fact being responsible? Logic and evidence make it much more likely that they and not some unknown figment are quite involved. Multiple possible but unsavory reasons why you or others may defend MT and KM despite just the evidence seen already come to mind; however, since Jennifer is dead and cannot ask the question, I am; WHY? MOO.

I always found it odd that FD bothered to package up his altered license plate inside of a FedEx box and placed it inside of a storm drain. Those drains collect rain water, melted snow as well as leaves, dirt and debris from the street and they are maintained and cleaned out by the town’s local Public Works department. That box could have caused a clog and been discovered eventually.
Would it be possible, FD placed it there temporarily and had planned on retrieving it eventually? But for what purpose, I wonder. If he really wanted to get rid of it to avoid any connection to this case, why not dispose of it in a place where no one would find it, like he did his wife?

MollyDDD, the special treatment for the altered plates struck me as odd too. I have recently speculated here that he may have been leaving them for someone else to retrieve, perhaps as stage two of the conspiracy plan with another planned victim? Another poster speculated that the drop off could be related to a call Dulos made to KM shortly after the drop-off.

I also believe someone else (afitzy?) mentioned that another Websleuther (thethreekirbys?) who lived nearby had traveled to the Albany Ave area and also further learned that the storm drainage system in that area was undergoing a major renovation, so that the storm drain FD dropped the plates into was not active at the time; it was not yet connected to the larger drainage system.

I have to ask this and I ask it politely. I am perplexed: Since LE has said already that they have not shared all of their evidence yet—and when would we expect that LE would tell the public all of the evidence they have given that their purpose is to investigate the crime and help ensure justice to the victim, not to fulfill the public’s desire for every detail, why do you think they are not? Moreover, why would you “like to think not”, meaning if your statement implies, as context indicates, that you don’t want MT or KM to be responsible? Why is that, and, again, I ask politely as I do not understand why you would be opposed to the two people already tied by evidence as in the AWs to the crimes committed against Jennifer Farber Dulos in fact being responsible? Logic and evidence make it much more likely that they and not some unknown figment are quite involved. Multiple possible but unsavory reasons why you or others may defend MT and KM despite just the evidence seen already come to mind; however, since Jennifer is dead and cannot ask the question, I am; WHY? MOO.
I think what @Woodswarrior was indicating is that LE has not indicated in any AW that anyone other than FD was in NC that day, and if there has been a third party then LE would have released information to that effect in the AWs. I have to agree, if LE had evidence of a third (or other) persons, the AWs would have indicated that evidence and the approriate charges made against the person concerned.

RE: Accuracy in reporting
While in grad school, we had a project to “fact check” news articles. None...not one, was accurate. My nephew was murdered 4 years ago, and not one article on the murder was accurate. Just sayin. MOO

well, LE would be holding back information either way, right? If LE has evidence of an an unknown person or of MT and/or KM in NC that day, Or if LE has evidence that KM and/or MT were NOT in NC, that are not sharing. It is certain they do have at least one of those things.

I tend to agree with the theorists that LE seems confident that MT stayed in Farmington, but they do not say so. They don't, for instance, indicate that indeed MT is seen in that very outfit on that very day with that very robot. It just seems to some of us that the AW emphasis is on showing that she planned to alibi herself, she planned to alibi Fotis, and possibly KM, and she clearly lied about Fotis, may have lied about KM, and gave suspiciously confirmable details about herself- making it seem like she planned a trackable morning.

ETA: I may as well repeat Hope's point: LE is indicating that they have evidence they have not shared, and that the investigation is complex and continuing. No need to logic it out like I did.

Last edited:
I'm confused about the cell phone still. are we sure the red cell phone is jennifer's cell phone? or was that one of the kids cells inside her suburban. i thought that he would throw her cell phone away. per the warrants it does not specify that the cell phone found was hers, please correct me if i'm wrong. thank you guys
SW does NOT specify whose phone was in the car, and we know there were dogs in Waveny early on that appeared to be searching for a phone.

I've admittedly assumed it was her phone, but I can't recall any proof of that in retrospect.

SW does NOT specify whose phone was in the car, and we know there were dogs in Waveny early on that appeared to be searching for a phone.

I've admittedly assumed it was her phone, but I can't recall any proof of that in retrospect.
I agree. they said there were special dogs searching for technology which led me to believe her phone was missing.

I’m not defending km or MT in any way. I’m just saying that my personal opinion is that neither were in nc that day because le has never suggested that.I in no way discredit the opinions of others that do believe they could of been in nc that day.

An English teacher would give a student who turned in a paper with thinly or incorrectly sourced information masquerading as “fact” an F and have some no nonsense conversations with the student about the need to have and provide a reliable source before including it as “fact” in a paper. MOO.
Ok! I will nominate myself as English teacher for the day and award a ‘redo’ for all articles and F- for following instructions and maintaining standards of journalism!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member