Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #5

Maayan Schechter on Twitter
SC Senate Minority Leader @NikkiSetzler on the floor right now asking for a moment of silence and for members to remember Faye Marie Swetlik.

"It is beyond description what's happened," Setzler said.
12:16 PM - 19 Feb 2020

Adam Benson on Twitter
During a moment of prayer ahead of a Ways and Means subcommittee meeting, @ChipHugginsSC asks for blessings for the family of #fayeswetlik.
2:35 PM - 19 Feb 2020

A statement from someone who lived in the neighborhood where Faye went missing. I don't know how uniform they were with their home searches but it appears some were more than a quick peak around. IIRC, LE talked to CT on Wed - by this time it's assumed she's been deceased for close to 2 days. Where was she then? We'll most likely never know...

“They came in ours. They looked in the laundry room, in the washer, in the dryer, in the dishwasher, the fridge, the freezer, in all the cabinets,” she said.

Neighbors questioned, homes searched in quest to find Faye Swetlik
Thanks for this info. Wow-so they were more thorough than I thought, considering there were no warrants and they searched so many houses. I’m glad to hear that..
Edited to add: after reading the areas they searched the other home..I’m pretty convinced that she wasn’t in his apartment on Wednesday.

Last edited:
It's unlikely that there would have been a recording of every single walk through even if done by a patrolman. For the most part they only enable their cams when they would turn on their siren or draw their weapon.

RSBM - I don't believe that is accurate. With the MSM coverage of shootings of unarmed black teenagers it appears most departments have equipped their officers with cameras that record while they are on duty, and out of their vehicle. Because they can't know when something is going to happen or start and in those few seconds it takes to boot up a camera a lot can change. I've seen footage from body cams that appear to have been running because the officer is out of the vehicle and has not got their siren going or their gun drawn. I've also heard an alert on Live PD when officers have gotten out of their cars in certain departments that says "recording started." But in this situation they may not have had them on. OR they may have been asked to have them on so the FBI could review later for profiling if needed.

The Dailymail has posted the thumbnail I included in this post in multiple articles. What it shows is that CT's residence backs into the woods. He could have left through his back patio and trudged into the woods at night with Faye's body (early morning hours) as LE suggested he did.

Aha that's where that image is coming from! I don't know where Daily Mail gets their information but that is inaccurate. The bus stop off is in a different spot per WIS (they did an interview with a neighbor about seeing Faye get off the bus at the normal stop which was "near their mailboxes".)

Maayan Schechter on Twitter
SC Senate Minority Leader @NikkiSetzler on the floor right now asking for a moment of silence and for members to remember Faye Marie Swetlik.

"It is beyond description what's happened," Setzler said.
12:16 PM - 19 Feb 2020

Adam Benson on Twitter
During a moment of prayer ahead of a Ways and Means subcommittee meeting, @ChipHugginsSC asks for blessings for the family of #fayeswetlik.
2:35 PM - 19 Feb 2020

This is so heartwarming.

I took this image from Google Earth. It is from Piccadilly Drive looking at the back of the 600 block of flats. You see a bit of the woods that is at the back of where he lived. You can see where the trash probably gets set out and I think you can see that there are little wooden storage sheds/units attached to the apartments with back stairs. CT's apartment 602 is further in and not visible from this angle. But I think you can get a very good idea of what is behind these apartments.

I think it's a good theory that he may have stored her in the storage/utility unit on the back porch. It's possible that this was missed on the walkthrough by LE, if they were more concerned with the interior. JMO.

View attachment 233235

It looks like they have a short set of steps up to a patio. She could have been under the little deck area too. Makes me think of Carnel Chamberlin who was found under the porch of his mother’s trailer and Tia Sharp hidden in the attic area between her mothers flat and a neighboring one.

I'm trying to think of murderers who didn't arouse suspicion after being interviewed by LE. Scott Peterson for instance instantly aroused suspicion because he was too calm and lacked curiosity in his wife's disappearance. Dahmer was able to trick LE when they could have caught him, but he fooled police as an experienced murderer who already had a criminal record. Catching CT wouldn't have required a warrant as all it would have taken was surveillance. Acting normal while lying to LE is tricky not not giving yourself away in some way by changing your story, acting strangely, etc. I'd really like to see how he responded when asked the last time he saw Faye, which presumably he was asked as part of his questioning.

Ted Bundy was huge. They questioned him and released him. His girlfriend allegedly repeatedly called LE saying she thought it was Bundy and they ridiculed her.

It surprises me that there wasn't some kind of surveillance out in the area where post-interview he was able to move a 60 pound object into the woods and attempt at least some digging without immediately triggering an LE response due to having their eye on him.
^^sbm

I think CT had a lot of advantages on his side to evade early detection by LE.

First, he had no criminal record and was not known to police. Time was of the essence and I think individuals in the neighborhood with a record probably had priority with the canvassers interviewing residents.

It was also garbage collection day on Thursday so it would not be unusual for residents to be seen carrying garbage bags outside to their trash bins anytime Wed evening up to Thurs morning before the trucks arrive (it's believed CT moved Faye to the woods during the night).

Also, if CT was the only occupant at his apartment last week and he was gone all day or until around midnight-- as his occupation demands, he was able to delay talking with investigators for a perfectly reasonable explanation.

I recall coming home from a business trip to find a note on my door asking me to contact police after significant evidence of a crime (that occurred outside of our neighborhood) was located in our neighborhood. I contacted the police, advised I'd be home all morning, and they came the next day. I remember police confirmed my identity and looked inside my garage. On the other hand, my neighbor across the street told me police walked through her entire house -- and why I know consent searches in a neighborhood are not conducted exactly the same. IMO, it makes sense that investigators would want to protect the element of surprise during a search.

MOO

Thanks for this info. Wow-so they were more thorough than I thought, considering there were no warrants and they searched so many houses. I’m glad to hear that..

Yes, (IMO) they were thorough. I have described their search for Faye as aggressive, strategic & well coordinated. It also appears that this neighborhood was cooperative. They all wanted this little girl found with the exception of one person.

Has anyone else come across a photo of CT's family on the tabloid news site The Mirror?
search

Hopefully the link works. It appears in a Google search, but I am wondering if the Mirror removed it.

coty scott taylor family mirror - بحث Google

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: While searching for updates on Faye, this popped up in my news feed. Absolutely horrid, foul, nastiness!
Girl, 8, dies after being 'raped by 16 men including her relatives'

That is definitely not his family. I found most of them on Facebook.

1. fcvy 7iiiiiii9
RSBM - I don't believe that is accurate. With the MSM coverage of shootings of unarmed black teenagers it appears most departments have equipped their officers with cameras that record while they are on duty, and out of their vehicle. Because they can't know when something is going to happen or start and in those few seconds it takes to boot up a camera a lot can change. I've seen footage from body cams that appear to have been running because the officer is out of the vehicle and has not got their siren going or their gun drawn. I've also heard an alert on Live PD when officers have gotten out of their cars in certain departments that says "recording started." But in this situation they may not have had them on. OR they may have been asked to have them on so the FBI could review later for profiling if needed.

Aha that's where that image is coming from! I don't know where Daily Mail gets their information but that is inaccurate. The bus stop off is in a different spot per WIS (they did an interview with a neighbor about seeing Faye get off the bus at the normal stop which was "near their mailboxes".)

This is so heartwarming.

Body worn video (police equipment) - Wikipedia

BWCs do record all the time but they don't have enough storage in them to hold an entire day's worth of video so they record over their own buffer unless they are triggered in some way, for example by a weapon being drawn or a siren being turned on or of course by the officer activating them. The buffer goes back a certain amount of time which is why there is a recording of the events leading up to the trigger. The buffer of Taylor's visit would have been overwritten by the next visit unless something unusual happened which there is implicit indication didn't.

Yes, (IMO) they were thorough. I have described their search for Faye as aggressive, strategic & well coordinated. It also appears that this neighborhood was cooperative. They all wanted this little girl found with the exception of one person.

MOO only. Based on the fact that they focused solely on that neighborhood, I believe they were confident that Faye was still there. They didn’t really expand the search beyond the neighborhood. They were relentless. They were thorough. LE did an outstanding job of searching for Faye. I only wish the outcome was different.

I wonder if he had attempted an abduction in the past.
I also wonder about vehicles CT has owned or did own. Do we know? People have posted about a moped? Did he have any other vehicle or transportation? I would have imagined that LE would have seized it or towed it and there would be some type of footage of that if he had a vehicle?
It is entirely possible this was his first crime. I think it just boggles our minds (not being criminals or perpetrators) that anyone could (a) do this (b) appear normal or normal enough as to not arouse suspicion (c) not just confess out of guilt immediately.

This is a very good question.

In the last thread - CT's district court record was posted and we know that CT likely had a vehicle sold at public auction around July 2019 when he failed to claim a vehicle registered to him from a towing company after 30 days (pursuant to SC state statute). I think this would be a very good way to get rid of a suspicious vehicle!

From the same court record, we know that CT was fined $30 in 2013 for failure to show a metal license on his moped but whether he still owned a moped is unknown.

As to whether or not CT currently owned a vehicle, it's been reported that two corporate spokespersons (Jimmy Johns and Wingstop) confirmed CT's past/current employment as GM of their eatery during the last 10 years-- up until his death. Personally, I think stable employment and a dependable vehicle go hand in hand and think CT probably owned a vehicle at the time of his death.

MOO

I am curious about the accuracy and turn around time about the DNA tests done in this particular crime scene. Does anyone have a reliable link (MSN or other link) that shows where the DNA was sent for testing? "DNA analyst Jennifer Clayton says the constantly growing backlog is frustrating because it leaves victims waiting and could mean unidentified suspects are still committing crimes." https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...arolinas-dna-backlog-persists-despite-efforts

I am curious about the accuracy and turn around time about the DNA tests done in this particular crime scene. Does anyone have a reliable link (MSN or other link) that shows where the DNA was sent for testing? "DNA analyst Jennifer Clayton says the constantly growing backlog is frustrating because it leaves victims waiting and could mean unidentified suspects are still committing crimes." https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...arolinas-dna-backlog-persists-despite-efforts
They're triaged. Navy SEALS run DNA tests in minutes. It's sad that so many rape kits get indefinitely shelved but there's no debating this was a very high profile case.

It won't surprise me if we hear that LE did make note of CT's weirdness in that initial door-knocking interview.

"Weirdness" should have been exactly what they would have been looking for.
^^sbbm

I've watched every presser and probably 98% of MSM on this case and have never heard or read LE or others refer to CT as weirdness or having weird characteristics.

It was quite the opposite -- Bryon Snodgrass first reported that they had talked to CT and had been inside his home and they had no reason to suspect him.

It was only after-the-fact that they said during Tue's presser that there is video footage of him that is seen as suspicious.

Is there a link I missed or is this more fb stuff? TIA

MOO

Do you dispute that CT's DNA was linked to Faye? That his DNA was not linked to her homicide?

When 5 yr-old Lizzie Shelly, UT was abducted and murdered last May, investigators used rapid
DNA technology that allowed prosecutors to charge the suspect (her uncle) even before her body was located.

Rapid DNA machines allow police officers to test a DNA sample from a suspect or victim right at the crime scene. This helps them get more timely results.

I don't think we have any reason to doubt the DNA results.

MOO

New DNA technology helped police get quick results in Elizabeth Shelley case

When 5 yr-old Lizzie Shelly, UT was abducted and murdered last May, investigators used rapid
DNA technology that allowed prosecutors to charge the suspect (her uncle) even before her body was located.

Rapid DNA machines allow police officers to test a DNA sample from a suspect or victim right at the crime scene. This helps them get more timely results.

I don't think we have any reason to doubt the DNA results.

MOO

New DNA technology helped police get quick results in Elizabeth Shelley case

The rapid DNA testing is one of those things I am 50/50. PRO- Solves crimes faster!!! CON- Curbs privacy / violates citizens privacy rights

"DNA evidence is only one of many types of evidence jurors should take into account when considering a case. TV shows like "CSI" may have popularized forensic science to the point where some jurors have unrealistic expectations of DNA analysis and accord it more weight than other types of evidence. This phenomenon is sometimes called the "CSI effect." Maintaining DNA databanks can help police identify criminals, but it can also pose ethical quandaries when authorities keep samples from people who have never been accused of any crime. DNA dragnets, operations where police collect samples from a large number of people in a geographic region to find a culprit, have proven especially controversial."

I am always frightened by the thought of being judged by a jury of my peers based on so many factors, but mainly I first think of the amount of people exonerated by the Innocence Project alone who could have been put to death due to a jury's decision :(

Just think about who may end up on a jury.....sighhh
More than 30 million adults in the United States cannot read, write, or do basic math above a third-grade level. about 14% of the entire adult population cannot read. — ProLiteracy

An estimated 63 million adults read between a sixth and eighth grade level. Just 11% of men and 12% of women make the grade as proficient readers.

Do you dispute that CT's DNA was linked to Faye? That his DNA was not linked to her homicide?
I question it. While DNA is the most accurate forensic science, it is not infallible. I see no mention of what the DNA source was at the crime scene. Was it blood, semen, skin, hair or other source? Much depends on how the DNA was collected and the training of the lab technician. People leave their DNA behind in public places every day when shedding skin cells and hair for example. For now, I have accepted that CT is probably the perp but I am not 100% certain. More information is needed from LE and CT's autopsy report for me to sway my mind. DNA testing is not infallible but currently is the most accurate forensic science. JMHO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back