TX - Lauren Ashley Kavanaugh, 25, indicted for sexually assaulting girl, Denton County, 28 Feb 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
'The Girl In The Closet' indicted for sexually assaulting Texas teen | Daily Mail Online

A Texas woman known as the 'Girl in the Closet' after being rescued from a trash- and feces-strewn cupboard as a child has been indicted on child sex abuse charges.

Lauren Ashley Kavanaugh, 25, was indicted on three counts of sexual assault against a 14-year-old girl by a grand jury on Thursday.

upload_2019-3-2_1-29-1.jpeg

Kavanaugh, who also suffered horrifying sexual abuse as part of her former captivity, has been held in a Denton County jail since her arrest in December last year.

upload_2019-3-2_1-29-18.jpegupload_2019-3-2_1-29-29.jpeg

She is now facing up to 60 years behind bars if she if found guilty on all three counts.

Kavanaugh was arrested after her alleged victim told officers that the pair had been in a 'sexual relationship' for two months, according to Dallas News.

The two met through a Facebook account called 'The Lauren Kavanaugh Story' where Kavanaugh offered support and friendship to victims of abuse, according to detectives. That page has since been taken down.

Kavanaugh was starved, tortured, and raped in a 4 by 8 feet closet (below) by her mother and stepfather who are now serving life in prison sentences
upload_2019-3-2_1-29-40.jpeg upload_2019-3-2_1-30-33.jpegupload_2019-3-2_1-31-5.jpegupload_2019-3-2_1-31-17.jpeg

'Girl in the Closet' Lauren Kavanaugh indicted after admitting she sexually assaulted a teenage girl | Crime | Dallas News

‘Girl in the Closet,’ accused of sexual assault of 14-year-old girl, indicted

I realize I should be disgusted and horrified by her actions. Yet my first reaction was one of sadness.

I remember her ‘story’ and that she really was a little survivor. I just have a hard time wrapping this around my mind, that she became a monster to someone else.

I realize I should be disgusted and horrified by her actions. Yet my first reaction was one of sadness.

I remember her ‘story’ and that she really was a little survivor. I just have a hard time wrapping this around my mind, that she became a monster to someone else.

Sad fact is that most abusers were victims of abuse. Probably her own mother included. It’s a vicious cycle.

This is heartbreaking.
The Girl in the Closet

In an interview by Dallas Morning News Lauren said:
“I don’t want to be like my parents,” she said late one night. “That’s my focus. I have that fear of turning out like them, because every day I feel it. I have that rage inside like my mother.
“The only difference is, I’m trying to control it.”

I just caught the Dallas news’ stories about the original abuse on YT. This is beyond heartbreaking. Lauren had adoptive parents who loved her, who KNEW birth mom was abusing her during court ordered visitation and the idiot judge STILL gave her to that horrible woman. He should rot in jail for all that came after that decision. None of this had to happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back