GUILTY WI - William Beyer, 5, & Danielle Beyer, 3, found dead, Kaukauna, 17 Feb 2020 *dad arrested*

FruitSnack

Reaction score
No arrests as investigation into children's death continues

this happened just blocks away. Just wondering how common it is that no one has been arrested over 24 hours afte the death of 2 children. It’s very unsettling that the person could still be free. The house is still all covered in crime scene tape as of a half hour ago, no police presence anymore today.

A mystery at the moment -- what a sad, sad thing. Two more sweet young children are taken from the world. Hoping we get more details soon.
Thanks, @FruitSnack, for starting this thread.

Do you live close to where this happened? If so, can you tell if LE officers are speaking with the people in the neighborhood?
Oh, this is so sad. SMH. Losing two little ones at one time is devastating for the family, the neighborhood and everyone. So unnecessary.
Fly high, little ones.

Another article, updated a couple of hours ago:

No arrests made in Kaukauna child deaths

Posted: Mon 9:19 AM, Feb 17, 2020 |
Updated: Tue 6:09 PM, Feb 18, 2020

Police say the children were found in a duplex in the 1200 block of Crooks Ave Monday morning. They had what police described as "intentionally inflicted injuries."
Graff says it is an "active and ongoing" investigation, and he would not release more information out of need to protect the integrity of the case.
Investigators continue to search the home, canvass the neighborhood and conduct interviews.
"I'm unable to talk about suspects, motives or give other details about the case," Graff said.

Kaukauna Police are working with the Wisconsin State Crime Lab and the Milwaukee County Coroner's Office to collect evidence.

Graff could not elaborate on the cause of death.

More here:
No arrests made in Kaukauna child deaths

Questions remain unanswered as Kaukauna police continue investigation of child deaths

KAUKAUNA - Two days after two children were found dead inside their home, police have announced no arrests and released no new details.

William Beyer, 5, and Danielle Beyer, 3, were found dead by police shortly after 7 a.m. Monday in the upper level of a duplex at 1201½ Crooks Ave. Both children had "intentionally inflicted injuries," Kaukauna Police Chief Jamie Graff said Tuesday afternoon, the last time police publicly commented on the case.

A mystery at the moment -- what a sad, sad thing. Two more sweet young children are taken from the world. Hoping we get more details soon.
Thanks, @FruitSnack, for starting this thread.

Do you live close to where this happened? If so, can you tell if LE officers are speaking with the people in the neighborhood?
Oh, this is so sad. SMH. Losing two little ones at one time is devastating for the family, the neighborhood and everyone. So unnecessary.
Fly high, little ones.

we live about a half mile from this. The house is still covered in tape and the side roads are blocked off as of 15 minutes ago, no police presence.
We aren’t close enough to be interviewed, which we wouldn’t know anything anyway. My husband thinks he knows the bio dad.
this is a very small community, unfortunately this isn’t our first murder, we have had several.
Still no updates, I know people are getting very restless with no one arrested.

I drive past that house 2 times a day. At 415pm today there was still the side road blocked off and now there is 4 to 5 police cars there. There was 3 officers that I could see walking through the snow and looking for something in the back yard.
It just seems crazy to me that 2 children are dead and 4 days later they are still looking for evidence and no arrests. Surprisingly there hasn’t been any gossip, which is shocking.

Thanks for the report, @FruitSnack. It's always a plus to have a local Sleuther following a case with us.

No arrest(s) yet is a curious thing -- is LE looking for enuff evidence to arrest someone, and not finding it? Is there someone in the area totally unknown to everyone there who did this -- and s/he is now somewhere else? IMO that's far-fetched and frightening, but possible.
I'm betting LE is getting their pile of evidence so that they can build a tight case for a solid arrest, and that they also have their LE eyes on the suspect(s) 24/7.
Thanks much for your special sleuthing in this sad, sad situation.

Parents are estranged and only one is described as livng at the address where the deaths occurred (the mother, MS). Police arrived after a 911 caller reportedly said (I am quoting the police chief here) that “their children needed help.”

Most likely, then, MS was the caller, but I wonder if the children sustained the injuries while she was at home with them (they were found on the home’s 2nd floor so—depending on how the duplex is set up—they might have been out of sight/range of hearing of a parent on a different floor), or if they were hurt while under someone else’s supervision (perhaps MS was out of the house for work or errands, came home, found the kids, and called the police...pure speculation on my part).

I am also curious about whether the injuries observed by LE were old or new, and if they had anything to do with their deaths OR were just indicative of injury or abuse in the past, which might lead LE to determine very quickly that the children didn’t die of natural causes.

Questions remain unanswered as Kaukauna police continue investigation of child deaths

Mother and father had been in family court about their children as recently as February 17th of this year (coincidentally, also my birthday!), so I wonder if their childrens’deaths will turn out to be related to the parents’ ongoing custody/child support disputes.
It looks like the father had contested one or both the kids’ paternity at least twice since 2016, which (IMO and based on my observations of other similar scenarios) may have been in an effort to get out of paying child support.

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Community grieves as investigation into deaths of children continues - Kaukauna Community News
https://kaukaunacommunitynews.com/2020/02/20/community-grieves-investigation-deaths-children-drags/

Community Grieves As Investigation Into Deaths Of Children Continues
by staff - February 20, 2020
Snipped

When Kaukauna officers and Kaukauna fire arrived they found two children dead with what police described in a news release as “intentionally inflicted injuries.”

When asked if he considered the deaths a homicide, Graff referred back to the earlier statements.

In a Tuesday afternoon news conference, Police Chief Jamie Graf said the investigation continues and police have not made any arrests.

“The caller indicated their children need their help,” Graff said about the 911 call.

He declined to say who made the 911 call from the home and declined to talk about any possible suspects.

Graff said police had talked to both parents as part of their interviews.

I wonder what happened to those poor children. I guess 'intentionally inflicted injuries' is open to all kinds of interpretation. Homicide, dog mauling etc. That being said LE usually say if a dog is involved and it probably wouldn't still be a mystery as to what happened days later. Moo.

Nothing yet. It's so strange for LE to state the public is not in danger and not have any arrests or new information after almost a week.
LE stating that the public is not in danger is fairly typical in situations like this. Right or wrong, LE does not want to put neighborhoods or towns, etc., in a panic mode where guns are loaded and at the front door; they don't want a neighborhood militia walking around with weapons, etc., etc. Sometimes it is an indicator that LE does have someone in its sights. We don't quite know what it means in this case yet.
And another thing,

Welcome to Websleuths,
NickyDaFish !!

LE stating that the public is not in danger is fairly typical in situations like this. Right or wrong, LE does not want to put neighborhoods or towns, etc., in a panic mode where guns are loaded and at the front door; they don't want a neighborhood militia walking around with weapons, etc., etc. Sometimes it is an indicator that LE does have someone in its sights. We don't quite know what it means in this case yet.
And another thing,

Welcome to Websleuths,
NickyDaFish !!

Thanks for the welcome!

I know, it's just that there's always that chance that the perpetrator under surveillance (while LE builds evidence for arrest) hits that mental point of no return in which they further endanger the public. I understand LE doesn't want to create a panic; I guesses they led to with the downsides on both ends.

Considering Social media posts and court records- the optics certainly don't reflect well on a few parties.

I really hope these children didn't suffer and receive their justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back