Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #5

USC Carolina N&R on Twitter
@phoebemurrayTV talks with Micah Merchant at Trinity Baptist Church about their preparations for the Faye Swetlik memorial service.
ERT-A3kXYAAv6IN.jpg

11:11 AM - 21 Feb 2020

Faye Swetlik mourners asked to wear bright colors for the missing 6-year-old found dead
The family of Faye Marie Swetlik is asking everyone to wear bright colors, especially pink and purple, to honor the bubbly spirit of the girl at the 7 p.m. Friday memorial service at Trinity Baptist Church in Cayce.

Tonight @7PM: Remembrance service for Faye Swetlik in Cayce, SC
According to a news release, the service will be held at Trinity Baptist Church, 2003 Charleston Highway, at 7 p.m. Doors will open at 6 p.m.

Community that prayed, searched for 6-year-old Faye Swetlik will say goodbye
The South Carolina community that searched, prayed and then cried gets to say goodbye Friday to a 6-year-old girl who disappeared from her front yard and was found dead three days later.

Memorial service for 6-year-old Faye Swetlik to be held Friday night

Attachments

• Faye Marie Swetlik memorial folder.pdf
    177.9 KB · Views: 3
I dont understand what you are posting. How could he have a verified alibi when his DNA was found linking him as the kidnapper, and murderer of Faye?

We have no idea if he was already on the list of potential suspects. He very well could have been since it's obvious by the neighborhood lockdown LE believed all along the abductor lived in it, and believed they would find her in that area. I do think they already had an eye on him, and that is why they made sure to track the garbage cans that included CTs.

Being suspicious of someone is not evidence or to meet probable cause, and even if he had no alibi by pretending he was home alone at the time she was kidnapped... that still isn't enough for an arrest.

They needed more than suspicions. Like always they needed evidence, and they found it linking only CT to the heinous crimes he committed.

Whatever he told them when first speaking with him was a lie IF he said he was elsewhere. The evidence shows otherwise. They even have video of him linking him to Faye being buried close to his place.

They will probably have more video footage evidence of CT once they go through all of them reviewing each one closely.

I do think they were already suspicious of CT. He lived very close to the home she was abducted from within eyesight. He was single. His roommate was staying with his girlfriend. So they knew he had M&O. Once the autopsy of Faye was completed leaving the coroner in tears. LE then knew the motive for why he did such a depraved wicked act, IMO.

Jmho

I didn't say he had a verified alibi. I'm merely reporting what LE themselves had said was that he didn't arouse suspicion:

In a press conference earlier this week, authorities said they had interviewed Taylor in his home on February 12, and that the 30-year-old man was cooperative and did not behave suspiciously.

‘We were definitely going to that house’: New information in suicide of Faye Swetlik murder suspect Coty Taylor [EXCLUSIVE]

If LE was actually suspicious of him at the time when they were in his house with his permission and they had permission for warrantlessly searching from him, that would actually reflect badly on LE compared to seeing him as not suspicious. It makes much more sense that he didn't catch their eye, so they didn't do as thorough a search as they could have nor did they have him under active surveillance, which he wasn't under active surveillance or else they would have caught him red-handed carrying Faye's body.

I'm wearing my bright pink shirt for Faye, and had waffles with extra butter last night for dinner. It's really cold here on the coast today still. We almost had snow last night (I think we only missed out bc the front dried up) so I'm wondering if Cayce had any snow?

He wasn't interviewed, he wasn't interrogated, he was "spoken to". His house wasn't searched, police were "in it". Have you people never been even tangentially involved in a police investigation? They talked to everyone. When they do that, they just briefly put them on the spot and look for fearful reactions. Taylor for whatever reason didn't click when he was spoken to and that was it.

He does kind of seem like the sort of person who would get rattled by police though. That makes me think either the officer who spoke to him missed a sign, which I'm sure he was feeling absolutely horrible about until it was established Faye had been long gone at the time or it could suggest that Taylor had in fact done something like this before and successfully escaped detection so he was confident at the time that he could escape again.

Being 'spoken to' is being interviewed and the house was searched, which is why LE needed his consent to do so.

It makes much more sense that he didn't catch their eye, so they didn't do as thorough a search as they could have nor did they have him under active surveillance, which he wasn't under active surveillance or else they would have caught him red-handed carrying Faye's body.
^^sbm

I could not agree more. I think it's been very clear that CT was not even close to being considered a suspect after initial contact but signed off as no further action necessary. There was never a hint that LE planned to return to speak with CT with additional personnel. He did not catch there eye and that is OK. CT obviously did not catch the eye of his neighbors either -- nobody reported him as somebody that might be responsible here.

Also, I think Bryon Snodgrass was very clear how after the fact they had found video depicting CT in suspicious position -- most likely when he was acting to move Faye to the woods.

MOO

People do this because the alternative is terrifying. There are men hiding in our communities, looking and acting completely normal, who fantasize about small children. And there's nothing anyone can do about it until they take a concrete step like getting caught downloading child *advertiser censored* or actually harming a child. Anything seems better than that. There has to be something to "blame" that we can legislate away.
I love your last sentence and totally agree with it. We need to be proactive and not reactive.

Being 'spoken to' is being interviewed and the house was searched, which is why LE needed his consent to do so.
It will have been a cursory glance around, not a total shakedown / ripping the house apart (which would require a warrant).
I still cant believe folks are second guessing the cops on this very deceptive paedophile child killer, his DNA will have been found in places where there is no other explanation for it being there. The man was scum and a coward, he didn't want to have to talk about what he'd done or face the consequences so carved his own neck up (hope it really really hurt).
RIP beautiful Faye, my thoughts are with her family today xx

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the FBI and LE are being intentionally vague, not just to protect precious Faye, but to investigate other potential crimes committed by CT. There may be "signature" or unique comparisons to be made in reference to DNA and methodology. moo

I really hope the exclusive headline (i.e., clickbait) "We were definitely going to that house" will not add to things being different than first reported by officials.

Of course, investigators were going to return to 602 Picadilly Square on Thursday, Feb 13, because they'd just found evidence or Faye's boot in CT's garbage bin and a ladle with fresh dirt that morning -- and NOT because they wanted a second interview with him after he presented with suspicion during their initial stop when police were conduction a neighborhood-wide door to door check with all residents.

It was also confirmed prior to this article that CT's roommate found CT dead on the deck when he arrived at his apartment and ran to officers already present in the neighborhood, summoning them to the apartment (i.e, in-person notification). He did not witness the suicide or see CT alive on that day.

‘We were definitely going to that house’: New information in suicide of Faye Swetlik murder suspect Coty Taylor [EXCLUSIVE]

Feb 20, 2020

Antley also confirmed that Taylor’s roommate first alerted police about the suspect’s self-inflicted injuries. He said the roommate gave investigators an “in-person notification” about finding Taylor, who reportedly died of a self-inflicted stab wound to the neck.

Providing further clarification of the timeline, Antley said that investigators first discovered the suspicious items in a trash can associated with 602 Picadilly Sqaure, Taylor’s address, the morning of February 13. As previously reported, a soup ladle with dirt was found along with a boot matching the description of Swetlik’s clothing the day she disappeared. Antley said the discovery of the ladle prompted Cayce DPS Chief Byron Snellgrove to search the wooded area, where he found Faye’s body. Investigators were in the immediate area of Taylor’s home when they learned he had been found, but it is unclear exactly where the notification took place.

“We were definitely going to that house,” Antley said. He declined to provide further details about the discovery of Taylor’s body but said he had no evidence that Taylor’s roommate witnessed the suicidal act.

We have no idea if he was already on the list of potential suspects. He very well could have been since it's obvious by the neighborhood lockdown LE believed all along the abductor lived in it, and believed they would find her in that area. I do think they already had an eye on him, and that is why they made sure to track the garbage cans that included CTs.
^^sbm

Respectfully @oceanblueeyes -- all above is disputed by earlier linked posts and information from law enforcement. The FBI was involved and they were prepared to begin moving outside the grid of the closed neighborhood and were not locked in at Churchill Heights because they already had a suspect there including CT.

Also, investigators had already been searching the landfills and Thursday was normal collection day for the neighborhood. Following the sanitation trucks during the collection was good police practice and a huge saving of time and resources versus having to search the landfill.

Whatever he told them when first speaking with him was a lie IF he said he was elsewhere. The evidence shows otherwise. They even have video of him linking him to Faye being buried close to his place.
^^sbbm

There is also no evidence that Faye was buried. It's been asked of LE repeatedly and they have intentionally not provided the conditions under which she was located.

MOO

Ooowheee I just had me a panic. I clicked an alert in my box to come over here and it gave me an error saying I didn't have permission to view. I've been pretty quiet lately so I was wondering what I'd done but I tried a different alert and it let me in. Sometimes I can't tell if it's WS or my connection via mobile giving me issues.

I am still following this obviously, but until more info is released I just don't know what to think so I've been focusing a little more on Gannon. Especially bc I feel bad I hadn't been focused on him before Faye since I'm in the next town over from his bio-mom. It's actually been in the news here but not as much as Faye which is interesting to me.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the FBI and LE are being intentionally vague, not just to protect precious Faye, but to investigate other potential crimes committed by CT. There may be "signature" or unique comparisons to be made in reference to DNA and methodology. moo
Or perhaps they haven't completely cleared the roommate, but want him to believe he is in the clear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back