Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that through this whole thread today I'm feeling a growing fascination with Island culture and life out there. And the guy trying to clean up his island asking chad questions as Chad drove off... yeah, now I want to visit Hawaii. I'm loving this sense of family they tend to have. Just have to say that I'm admiring quite a few things about the people of Kauai right about now.

Family is everything in Hawaii! If you search for stuff the word for family os "ohana" and you will find it everywhere.

Yes, thank you. I had addressed that I was wrong on that one. However, we (WS) have yet to see marriage certificate.
RSBM.

Yeah, sorry. I'm slowly going through trying to get caught up in this thread, saw your post and replied before I saw that it had already been addressed.

Photos are great for memories but there can surely only be numbered individuals on the collective islands of Hawaii, not unlike JP’s, that can legally marry couples. Again, do we have a legal certificate or record? MOO

In Hawaii people get married by "wedding performers." You can easily become one by getting ordained online for that specific purpose. Also realize that Hawaii was an independent country with its own religion before it was illegally overthrown by the US marines on behalf of commercial interests. So the State effectively only has weak authority over things like native religion and stuff like marriage.

It's really not like the rest of the US.

I came late, the question I have...is deCosta or any of the firms lawyers private attorneys or work for the state on some cases?

Who is paying for this attorney?

Without additional information, we can assume the client is paying the attorney who is representing her (them) regarding this case. MOO

Quite a few famous or professional women who are married and don't take their husband's name are called "Miss (their own last name)

Vallow was her last husband's name, so I wouldn't consider that her own.

Awwwwww...they didn't let her put her makeup and lipstick on for this mugshot?! :rolleyes::D Also, without the sunglasses, her face looks pretty aged!

I came late, the question I have...is deCosta or any of the firms lawyers private attorneys or work for the state on some cases?

Who is paying for this attorney?
Hawaii is small. EVERY attorney works for the state and private clients sometimes! I can't imagine they even keep strict conflict of interest because it would be impossible to keep the system functional.

Why would the church respond? I'm not LDS but I can clearly see this has nothing to do with the LDS church! If they were Baptists would anyone be asking for a statement from the Baptist Church?

Clearly, the case involves not only mainstream LDS members, who have been vocal about the case on this forum but other LDS members on other forums. The POI’s in this case espouse beliefs not aligned with mainstream LDS. If there is not an official statement from the church, acknowledging that some members of the church are sharing false doctrine, one could make an assumption that the church supports the sharing of false doctrine. MOO

Why would the church respond? I'm not LDS but I can clearly see this has nothing to do with the LDS church! If they were Baptists would anyone be asking for a statement from the Baptist Church?

Curious, you are clearly not LDS. What drives your interest in this case?

Civil union, is that equal to legal union?
civil union = marriage now. Many will disagree, especially here. I don't want to get political but CU was the workaround before the US Supreme Court eliminated gender restrictions on marriage throughout the US. But CU rules may still be a workaround for social security!

civil union = marriage now. Many will disagree, especially here. I don't want to get political but CU was the workaround before the US Supreme Court eliminated gender restrictions on marriage throughout the US. But CU rules may still be a workaround for social security!

How is it political? Either it's legal or it's not. One or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288