Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She might be well spoken but she's not acting like she hasn't seen her toddler in two months. She's acting like what phrases Evelyn was saying and what song she loved is somehow current information. It's been two months...

In most cases we get upset when a parent refers to a missing child in the past tense but in this case I find it strange that she's not. It's definitely bizarre.

Her statements just don't add up.

Mom of Tenn. Girl Missing Since December Gave 'Conflicting and Inaccurate' Information: Sheriff

If I hadn’t seen my baby in 2 months, the whole dang world would know it. I’d be on every news outlet that allowed me. Heck, I’d be doing that after 2 days!! But I do understand that not everyone is like me and there’s more to the story than any of us know at this point.

Yes. And the very quick “I just want her back.” every other answer made me think of Chris Watts.

And the nod nod nod nod...and the cry, giggle, cry, giggle...and the sweet potatoes, baby shark, baby shark, sweet potatoes... UGH ! Why bother to do that interview at all? It certainly wasn't helpful to the public in terms of finding this child.

MOO, and what not.

Thanks for that. She’s pretty well spoken and seems intelligent. Bizarre case.

I haven’t had a chance to watch this until now. The mom does seem well spoken, but just doesn’t seem sincere to me. I feel like this was an attempt to pin it on AB and whoever the guy is that she was with.” A few things didn’t sit well at all. Right off the bat she says that Evelyn likes to take baths and then said, “That WAS her favorite thing.” She also seemed to kind of smile or smirk and laugh a bit. Maybe just nerves. She doesn’t seem worried at all.

I guess I’m confused on the timeline though. She said she didn’t report it because she didn’t want this person to disappear with the baby but now that things have gotten rolling they did just disappear. So are we expected to believe that this baby (and presumably AB) was living nearby locally with whomever was trusted to watch her during mom’s work shift but then didn't give her back, and then randomly the grandpa called CPS and the person with the baby split town? I’m curious to know when the car was stolen and when AB apparently disappeared.

Well, I've changed my opinion in the last 3 days at least 3 times. And IMO today, I believe there is an ounce of truth to what both MB and TBSr.have to say in their interviews. And I've thought about all of this overnight. MB seemed to be very nervous in her interview and show true concern and love for Evelyn. I thought it was positive that she did refer to Evelyn in the present tense minus the one part about the bath. I know others think that MB's family doesn't show any true concern for that fact that Evelyn was missing and not reported missing until now. IMO-this is because MB knew exactly where Evelyn was right up until the day TBSr. reported her missing and so did AB and that was when this "all went down" as referenced by MB in her interview. MB IMO probably was even seeing EB in secret since Dec. When TBSr. reported EB missing, AB ran with Evelyn. Again, all IMO and based on the words in the interviews from MB and TBSr. and what he refernced to when he said "there would be trouble" or along the lines in the words of his ex wife AB. And yes I do believe Evelyn is alive still.

Last edited:
I don't find it genuine to watch a mother try to tell the public how desperately she wants their child back, when she, by her own admission, hadn't set eyes on the child in over 2 months.

I do, however, find it incredibly sad. Not for the mother, but certainly for the child.

MOO
Yeah I get that. I’m not trying to defend her, I’m just not getting a clear feeling at all about what the heck is going on here. I’ve been so all over the place about what I think. At first I immediately thought, Case Anthony all over again, end of story. There’s so much weird family stuff here that I just don’t know anymore. I just hope the baby is ok and found ASAP!

Well, I've changed my opinion in the last 3 days at least 3 times. And IMO today, I believe there is an ounce of truth to what both MB and TBSr.have to say in their interviews. And I've thought about all of this overnight. MB seemed to be very nervous in her interview and show true concern and love for Evelyn. I thought it was positive that she did refer to Evelyn in the present tense minus the one part about the bath. I know others think that MB's family doesn't show any true concern for that fact that Evelyn was missing and not reported missing until now. IMO-this is because MB knew exactly where Evelyn was right up until the day TBSr. reported her missing and so did AB and that was when this "all went down" as referenced by MB in her interview. MB IMO probably was even seeing EB in secret since Dec. When TBSr. reported EB missing, AB ran with Evelyn. Again, all IMO and based on the words in the interviews from MB and TBSr. and what he refernced to when he said "there would be trouble" or along the lines in the words of his ex wife AB.

I agree, there’s a little truth, in every lie. BTW, your opinion will probably change another 10 times before the case is said and done. I’m always amazed when everything comes to light.

Well, I've changed my opinion in the last 3 days at least 3 times. And IMO today, I believe there is an ounce of truth to what both MB and TBSr.have to say in their interviews. And I've thought about all of this overnight. MB seemed to be very nervous in her interview and show true concern and love for Evelyn. I thought it was positive that she did refer to Evelyn in the present tense minus the one part about the bath. I know others think that MB's family doesn't show any true concern for that fact that Evelyn was missing and not reported missing until now. IMO-this is because MB knew exactly where Evelyn was right up until the day TBSr. reported her missing and so did AB and that was when this "all went down" as referenced by MB in her interview. MB IMO probably was even seeing EB in secret since Dec. When TBSr. reported EB missing, AB ran with Evelyn. Again, all IMO and based on the words in the interviews from MB and TBSr. and what he refernced to when he said "there would be trouble" or along the lines in the words of his ex wife AB.
Exactly how I’m feeling! I have been so back and forth about what I think. IMO I think the difference between this case and others like it is that this seems to be All In The Family. They all seem to be involved, not just the mom. I have no idea.

Thank you @PommyMommy for the full video. I agree with @gitana1 that MB doesn’t scream shady or guilty in the interview. As a GAL volunteer, I learned quickly not to trust my first instincts because I was wrong as often as not. I will say MB NEVER wavered from her use of “they” in describing who had EB in that interview clip. Not one slip of “she” or “he” which indicates to me more than one person was watching EB for a period of time. Pronoun lies are hard to keep straight. Or else she is a simply amazing liar. MOO

I haven’t had a chance to watch this until now. The mom does seem well spoken, but just doesn’t seem sincere to me. I feel like this was an attempt to pin it on AB and whoever the guy is that she was with.” A few things didn’t sit well at all. Right off the bat she says that Evelyn likes to take baths and then said, “That WAS her favorite thing.” She also seemed to kind of smile or smirk and laugh a bit. Maybe just nerves. She doesn’t seem worried at all.

I guess I’m confused on the timeline though. She said she didn’t report it because she didn’t want this person to disappear with the baby but now that things have gotten rolling they did just disappear. So are we expected to believe that this baby (and presumably AB) was living nearby locally with whomever was trusted to watch her during mom’s work shift but then didn't give her back, and then randomly the grandpa called CPS and the person with the baby split town? I’m curious to know when the car was stolen and when AB apparently disappeared.

It doesn’t make sense at all. If I’m understanding her correctly, she didn’t report it right away because she didn’t want the person to disappear with Evelyn. But if the person hadn’t run away with the baby yet, what would she have been reporting?

Then later she says the trust was broken with the person when they took off and wouldn’t answer any calls.

So she feared that the person would take off and vanish, after they took off and vanished? Not a very well thought out excuse IMO.

It troubles me that WSers are making assumptions about ethnicity and then using gross stereotypes hyped up by shock-sensationalist reality shows to make veiled accusations against non-POIs and potential victims. Racist? Bad sleuthing technique of conclusory bias at least. We are better than this.

Hi all,
Sorry to ask but... I am sort of following this case high level but saw some arrests had been made. I was perusing through the thread to find out, but I can't find what I'm looking for....what relation are William McCloud and Angela Boswell to baby/mom? I did not see it in the news reports I was reading, which i thought was odd.

Hi all,
Sorry to ask but... I am sort of following this case high level but saw some arrests had been made. I was perusing through the thread to find out, but I can't find what I'm looking for....what relation are William McCloud and Angela Boswell to baby/mom? I did not see it in the news reports I was reading, which i thought was odd.

AB is maternal grandmother to Evelyn, mother to MB. WM is supposedly AB’s boyfriend.

Hi all,

Mom’s mom, baby’s grandmother
McCloud is her boyfriend

It troubles me that WSers are making assumptions about ethnicity and then using gross stereotypes hyped up by shock-sensationalist reality shows to make veiled accusations against non-POIs and potential victims. Racist? Bad sleuthing technique of conclusory bias at least. We are better than this.

This !

Yes, she was leaving our local courthouse, so I was just commenting on my confusion as to why this woman was carrying a shoulder bag when that is clearly not allowed. Obviously, she was accompanying MB in some official capacity, but that didn't occur to me right away. Probably because I had a knee jerk reaction due to having to walk back to the car and dump my purse so many times. ;)

At our courthouse we can carry in any purse, briefcase, tote, etc. , just have to go through the metal detector.

I do think she seems unconcerned. I think she feels confident though that her kid is alive. At least she’s pretending so.

Most of her statements were in the present tense and I'm not too worried about the one was. But admittedly I’ve developed a bias about this case that could’ve very wrong.

Hypothetically, if one were a member of a group that operates outside society and doesn’t trust or engage with governmental authorities, issued with family disputes, child neglect, criminal activity could be dealt with internally. Leaving possible victims or witnesses to keep it quiet.

For example, let’s say someone was neglecting or abusing their child in such a group. It is possible that others may take the child, instead of calling CPS. Or let’s say there’s information to suggest CPS is going to be called. Someone may hide a child to prevent that.

What if someone was operating outside the strictures of the group or did something or things to anger others. Is it possible their kid was taken to retaliate or punish the person or force them to comply?

In this particular case if the baby is dead, would the responsible party assist in going after parties that may be co-defendants? I mean you do that you know someone is going to roll on you.

There’s something about mom’s statements alluding to an unnamed person and how LE is tracking them that makes me believe the baby could definitely be alive.

But I don’t know. Statements that her story has changed a lot and is unreliable could mean she’s covering for herself and others. It it could be just how she operates with any government agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle