Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It troubles me that WSers are making assumptions about ethnicity and then using gross stereotypes hyped up by shock-sensationalist reality shows to make veiled accusations against non-POIs and potential victims. Racist? Bad sleuthing technique of conclusory bias at least. We are better than this.

Not to give more attention to obviously gross behavior, but idk what this is about. I haven’t seen anything like this but I could’ve missed it as I’ve not read every single post.

If I hadn’t seen my baby in 2 months, the whole dang world would know it. I’d be on every news outlet that allowed me. Heck, I’d be doing that after 2 days!! But I do understand that not everyone is like me and there’s more to the story than any of us know at this point.
It would be great if her calm demeanor came from truly knowing her daughter is somewhere safe. Maybe she's face-timed with her since December and is confident she's ok. Maybe MB was overwhelmed by motherhood and allowed someone to take over her responsibilities. I would love for this to be true, but as far as LE is concerned no one they've talked to has seen or heard from Evelyn since December.

MB has given LE conflicting stories and her maybe not so casual boyfriend alleges MB gave him a completely different account as to Evelyn's where-abouts as well. And so far the leads MB gave police have not panned out. Evelyn is still missing.

Thank you @PommyMommy for the full video. I agree with @gitana1 that MB doesn’t scream shady or guilty in the interview. As a GAL volunteer, I learned quickly not to trust my first instincts because I was wrong as often as not. I will say MB NEVER wavered from her use of “they” in describing who had EB in that interview clip. Not one slip of “she” or “he” which indicates to me more than one person was watching EB for a period of time. Pronoun lies are hard to keep straight. Or else she is a simply amazing liar. MOO

To clarify I’m not saying she doesn’t seem shady or guilty! And there are people who are trained to lie with a straight face from the time they can speak, at least to outsiders.

I just note she’s particularly articulate.

However, she does speak a lot in the present tense and that is hopeful to me.

I just think there could be a dynamic here that makes it difficult for us to judge this case using the same parameters we do with others. But I could be totally wrong.

Clearly something is wrong with a baby missing and not reported missing for two months and LE stating mom’s stories have changed.

For those asking about EP’s family. His mother has been battling leukemia in Massachusetts since October 2019. His father passed away when he was a baby.

I know you aren't a verified insider, but this info does tug at my heart strings. I suffer from a very rare ( but thankfully indolent) form of leukemia, and it's a struggle. I thank God every day that I don't have one of the more aggressive types, as I have seen first hand what that battle looks like. I now have a better understanding of EP's side of the family, and how and why their involvement with Evelyn hasn't been more clear, so thank you for chiming in with this.

Sincere prayers for Ethan's Mom.

There’s something about mom’s statements alluding to an unnamed person and how LE is tracking them that makes me believe the baby could definitely be alive.

But I don’t know. Statements that her story has changed a lot and is unreliable could mean she’s covering for herself and others. It it could be just how she operates with any government agency.

BBM/Snipped by me

Her interview was done before the sheriff’s press conference. She presented it like they were going to release more information about this mysterious person she couldn’t talk about and then the sheriff refused to say what the mom was telling them because they found a lot of her information had been inaccurate.

To me, MB thought the police were buying her story so she was able to say all this stuff confidently in the interview. Why would the sheriff publicly put her on blast like that if what she was saying was in any way believable?

That being said, the sheriff did say he believed Evelyn is still alive.

It would be great if her calm demeanor came from truly knowing her daughter is somewhere safe. Maybe she's face-timed with her since December and is confident she's ok. Maybe MB was overwhelmed by motherhood and allowed someone to take over her responsibilities. I would love for this to be true, but as far as LE is concerned no one they've talked to has seen or heard from Evelyn since December.

MB has given LE conflicting stories and her maybe not so casual boyfriend alleges MB gave him a completely different account as to Evelyn's where-abouts as well. And so far the leads MB gave police have not panned out. Evelyn is still missing.

Yea, I think the amount of time that’s passed since being seen last and still not being the one to report it speaks volumes. Makes me sick to really think about it.

It troubles me that WSers are making assumptions about ethnicity and then using gross stereotypes hyped up by shock-sensationalist reality shows to make veiled accusations against non-POIs and potential victims. Racist? Bad sleuthing technique of conclusory bias at least. We are better than this.

I hope you’re not accusing me of that. I never base anything on “gross stereotypes hyped up by shock-sensationalist reality shows”. I’m published twice on the subject (one in particular on the issue of/debate about Romani criminality in the US) and have been verified as a Romani expert here some time ago. I don’t watch that junk. My heritage is Romani.

BBM/Snipped by me

Her interview was done before the sheriff’s press conference. She presented it like they were going to release more information about this mysterious person she couldn’t talk about and then the sheriff refused to say what the mom was telling them because they found a lot of her information had been inaccurate.

To me, MB thought the police were buying her story so she was able to say all this stuff confidently in the interview. Why would the sheriff publicly put her on blast like that if what she was saying was in any way believable?

True. They sound frustrated. I hope they truly do believe the baby is alive. They’ve said that before.

I hope you’re not accusing me of that. I never base anything on “gross stereotypes hyped up by shock-sensationalist reality shows”. I’m published twice on the subject (one in particular on the issue of/debate about Romani criminality in the US) and have been verified as a Romani expert here some time ago. I don’t watch that junk. My heritage is Romani.
THIS^^^^^^^

Not to answer for anyone other than myself (since I quoted this poster and posted a reply), but I think some of us are just dealing with the frustration of many new posters coming in and asking if this family is related to the Boswell's from the TV show, and mentioning the stealing of money at a wedding on the show, and God knows what else. I didn't take this post as aimed at you, at all, and certainly, my reply wasn't intended for you at all. Just want to clarify that, out of respect for you and your contributions here. :)

There is just no "ethnic group" needed in this case yet. Sadly, this is just what life is like here in Southern Appalachia. Here are some more stereotypes: There is a lot of poverty. Women are often subjugated in social structures. Basic education is not highly valued. There are few jobs in rural areas. Drugs of all kinds are destroying people. Family units are crumbling. It is common for people to distrust the authorities and believe in conspiracies. Everyone is just trying to get by.

Somebody here (I think, or at least hope) did mention that the family surname is the same as that of the family who features heavily in "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding".
I'm thinking that's a big fat clue they might be Romany, myself.

In the area they are in it's FAR more likely they are Irish Travellers.
Also, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is television (horrible, bad television at that).

Not to answer for anyone other than myself (since I quoted this poster and posted a reply), but I think some of us are just dealing with the frustration of many new posters coming in and asking if this family is related to the Boswell's from the TV show, and mentioning the stealing of money at a wedding on the show, and God knows what else. I didn't take this post as aimed at you, at all, and certainly, my reply wasn't intended for you at all. Just want to clarify that, out of respect for you and your contributions here. :)

Oh I know nothing about that. I came late to the party. Thanks for the info. Those shows are absolute nonsense. Nothing real about them.

It troubles me that WSers are making assumptions about ethnicity and then using gross stereotypes hyped up by shock-sensationalist reality shows to make veiled accusations against non-POIs and potential victims. Racist? Bad sleuthing technique of conclusion bias at least. We are better than this.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

BBM/Snipped by me

Is it possible that she actually did tell LE the truth as she sees it, and LE said what they did about her giving conflicting information to “throw off” the suspicion so AB and WM wouldn’t run further and faster? It was very shortly after that they were arrested.

@gitana1 I sincerely apologize for misreading/misrepresenting your previous post! I laid my assumptions over your words I’m afraid. I appreciate your insight as an attorney.

Oh no worries at all! I’m just clarifying that. My post could’ve been read that way for sure. I don’t know what to make of mom but due to a possible dynamic at play here I’m open to a very hopeful possibility in this case.

We had a case here some time ago of a young girl disappearing. She was seen on video running toward and getting into a car. But it was sort of reluctantly reported as an abduction. I had my suspicions about the case and what was going on. I believed she would be located and the case would quietly disappear. And that’s exactly what happened.

In this case I’m very hopeful that the baby is alive. But if found she’s going into the system. That I’m confident about. Clearly there are CPS hearings about this case. You can’t just not report a baby missing for two months.

The other possibility that was in my mind is the dreaded “mama’s new man” scenario. In which a child is hurt or killed by an unrelated partner of a parent. But I don’t know enough about any sort of possible situation here to say. It seems there’s conflicting or no information about that?

BBM/Snipped by me

I think MB may still be trying to protect her mother thus the contradictions the Sheriff mentioned. If it is her mother who has EB, this abduction has been a terrible betrayal of Maggie's trust. Anyone who would do this to a baby has absolutely no empathy for the baby and the emotional trauma she may be experiencing.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member