The British Royal Family #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey!!

A popular, playful prince falls in love with a strong-willed US divorcee, who ends up vilified by a hostile British press. In Harry and Meghan, some royal watchers see echoes of Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson, the couple at the heart of the abdication crisis eight decades ago. But does the comparison hold up? It could do if the Duke and Duchess of Sussex end up reliving the Duke and Duchess of Windsor's tormented exile.

In December 1936, The King gave up his throne and an Empire of half a billion souls so he could wed a woman who was divorcing her second husband. The public vitriol spewed on his bride-to-be, Wallis Simpson, might strike a chord with the latest American to marry into Britain's royal family.

On top of being condemned as a social climber from a Baltimore, Maryland, row-house, Simpson was reviled as a cheap adventuress, a lesbian, a nymphomaniac, a Nazi spy and a hermaphrodite. She was portrayed as a sexual enchantress who supposedly learned "ancient Chinese skills" in the brothels of Shanghai, where her first husband, a US Navy pilot, had been stationed.

Wallis Simpson's hard lessons for Harry and Meghan

I don't think Wallis Simpson wrote an open letter to the world underlining her grievances and trying to disparage the King.

She just collaborated with rich Nazis.

SussexRoyal reminded me of that line in Pulp Fiction when Travolta and Jackson talk about getting their favorite “Cheeseburger Royale”.

SussexRoyal is a pretentious handle, and an obvious attempt to separate and compete with Kensington Royal which is the umbrella for the whole BRF.

Jumping off your post meggieg.

I do believe H&M are victims of themselves, the belief that some PR strategy will compliment their chosen headlines of “change the world” “smush the patriarchy” or whatever.

That all went south so fast because while there was all this SussexRoyal plotting based on the notion that H&M were so much more modern and popular than the other members of the BRF, Meghan most especially failed to get to know her potential constituents, the British people. —Ironically, whose support they need most as a springboard.

Meghan went for the adoration of Beyoncé’s Bea Hive constituents, I’m thinking of the portrait of Meghan wearing the crown as a backdrop with Bea and JZee smiling on. This is the realm where everyone calls everyone My Queen.

The self congratulatory, cringe worthy IG British Vogue video just feels like some high school clique affair. I kept thinking how old is this woman?

Harry will always be Prince Harry, but I see just how protected he’s been.

They blew it. Here in the USA we have successful peeps like Bezos who just gave 10 Billion $$$$$ to Climate Change crisis efforts. And he’s just one of many super successful business enterprises and philanthropists we have here.

If H&M want to wade into save the world woke messaging foundation they are going to need some serious armor because quite frankly, I think it’s fair to say the majority is fed up with being told how to behave and what to do.

When you lose the trust you get the cynical. These two do not have the experience, talent or skill, and are naive to think they can throw a fancy Royale title on it, and start at the top.

And it shows. I agree totally that no PR firm worth their salt would have ever handled a website roll out or cutesy instagram account like theirs.

I know this sounds a bit catty, but I figured out what turns me off about Meghan — it seems she has studied Diana extensively and her attempts at emulating Diana’s bashfulness, all the doe eyed posing and playing with the hair gestures in front of the camera have backfired. So has the run from the paparazzi mis en scenes.

The other thing that’s backfired is in the vain attempt to compete for ‘most popular in the class’ it has actually helped bring the spotlight back to the BRF, the Queen, Britain and all the reasons why the world loves and reveres them.

Well said. I’m so thankful that their actions are no longer in the ‘benefit of the doubt’ category. It’s great that the Queen is still here to effectively call the shots. The disrespect for her has come back to bite them. PC may have handled it differently.

Going behind her back has been months in the making. They have been undermining the BRF only to be exposed and to crash and burn.

I doubt Harry would have initiated the downfall on his own. For someone to claim they are ambassadors for peace they have been anything but. They fully operate in poor judgment at every point.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Harry doesn’t show up to the upcoming events.

Well said. I’m so thankful that their actions are no longer in the ‘benefit of the doubt’ category. It’s great that the Queen is still here to effectively call the shots. The disrespect for her has come back to bite them. PC may have handled it differently.

Going behind her back has been months in the making. They have been undermining the BRF only to be exposed and to crash and burn.

I doubt Harry would have initiated the downfall on his own. For someone to claim they are ambassadors for peace they have been anything but. They fully operate in poor judgment at every point.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Harry doesn’t show up to the upcoming events.
I’m fairly sure Harry will turn up. I’m more interested in the grand reveal of what Meghan has planned for her event- that’s all under wraps ATM.

excellent post. :)

O/T but I’ve had a horrible headache for days! Must be the changing of the seasons.

Just a word of consolation to those who are now enduring the dreadful "barometric pressure" headaches (well, okay, maybe not *everyone*, but... perhaps more people than realize the source of their awful headache). Here's a quick link:

connection between barometric pressure and headaches - بحث Google

My sympathies to all so afflicted right now (from someone who endured over 10 *years* of migraines -- before there were any real "migraine-relieving medications"); please get plenty of rest. Hoping everyone with such a headache feels better soon!

ETA: In order to get back "on topic", would it be better, were I to use the term, "a royal headache? :)

How about 'Suss-EX-Royal'? Britons poke fun at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

“They added: 'Meghan said she's done with the drama and has no room in her life for naysayers, and the same goes for Harry.'

The friend added: 'Meghan said the global projects they are working on speak for themselves and they chose that name to protect the royal name, not profit off of it.'

But, the insider added: 'Meghan has told her inner circle that their success is inevitable with or without their current brand name.

'She said regardless of the name, Harry and Archie have royal blood and no one can take that away. And that as a family, they will always be considered royalty”

Just a word of consolation to those who are now enduring the dreadful "barometric pressure" headaches (well, okay, maybe not *everyone*, but... perhaps more people than realize the source of their awful headache). Here's a quick link:

connection between barometric pressure and headaches - بحث Google

My sympathies to all so afflicted right now (from someone who endured over 10 *years* of migraines -- before there were any real "migraine-relieving medications"); please get plenty of rest. Hoping everyone with such a headache feels better soon!

ETA: In order to get back "on topic", would it be better, were I to use the term, "a royal headache? :)
Thank you for this, been claiming weather headache all day!

I'll keep popping the Palacetamol (sorry...:rolleyes:)

Royal experts blast Prince Harry and Meghan Markle over 'spiteful' and 'unnecessary' statement | Daily Mail Online

“Royal commentator and former Editor of International Who's Who, Richard Fitzwilliams, told MailOnline that the statement was 'completely unnecessary' as it 'underlines their differences with the palace in a way that is avoidable'.

'The idea of putting out a statement which agrees that they can't use the word royal but contradicts the idea the monarchy can stop them using it,' he said, 'they're basically saying the royals can't stop them using it, but they won't be using it'.

'It has been especially unnecessary to underline it in this way, especially as the agreement will be reviewed after a year.

Prince Charles' biographer Tom Bower told MailOnline that the public is 'finally seeing Meghan's true nature and motives”

Meghan Markle's best friend Jessica Mulroney is 'setting up charities in her and Harry's name' | Daily Mail Online

• Fashion stylist registered website sussexglobalcharities.com last Wednesday
  • Mulroney registered it through her charity, which supports vulnerable women
  • Came after Duke and Duchess were told they could not use Sussex Royal brand

So interesting that they(H & M) set up ("registered") the Sussex Royal trademarks and service marks last summer; this was definitely to be a long-term plan. Then the Queen (a true hero, IMO, and on many counts) came along...

@Kensie , Frogmore Cottage is empty right now -- still wanna be roomies?

Does your head ache because you changed your hair color?

Well now I can't find the image of HRH Anne, The Princess Royal, at the 6 Nations soccer match. With people aaaallll around her in the grandstand....

Sophie, Countess of Wessex apparently needs a cook and a private secretary! KEnsie & I may be in the neighborhood! I guess if the job title says Private, one shouldn't relay every penstroke, sound, smell, texture, and visual image to one's threadmates?

The Countess of Wessex is on the hunt for a new cook at her Bagshot Park home near Windsor – but applications close soon

JMHO YMMV

Meghan Markle's best friend Jessica Mulroney is 'setting up charities in her and Harry's name' | Daily Mail Online

I wonder how the University of Sussex in Brighton feels about that:

University of Sussex Global Engagement | LinkedIn

It's a .com, not a .org

That means they can legally skim say 15% off the top for "expenses" and avoid having all those pesky legal and fiduciary oversights of a registered charity.

Where is our darling KEINE ENGEL?

I have somethings for you.... somethings sweet......somethings pretty....... somethings;

TIARAS!

The best tiaras to buy now | Tatler

Today I feel like Champage :p and The Chaumet:

02-diademe-soleil-glorieux.jpg

But I also like the drama of Dolce & Gabbana :cool::

dolce.jpg

It's almost affordable ( its only 5 pounds less than my first car cost)

Migraine’s are the worst hope you feel better ASAP. Put a cold compress on your forehead and keep the lights off. I don’t know which country you are in but we have a forehead stick here in the U.K that I use called 4head (see photo) that you put on your forehead to help headaches subside. I suffer from migraines a lot so I know how bad they are usually they are a sign I have a UTI.

View attachment 233938

thank you!!!! :) I’m in the USA and will look for this product. I’m also in a cold region so many people are sick this time of year. We are waiting for spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500