Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite. They are 10 miles apart. I'm just curious why it is Bristol rather than the child's home community.

I didn't mean it literally. But we are VERY rural here, and many of us have to drive from one town to the other for any number of things. We we are very interconnected in that way. Our courthouse is in Bristol, TN, our county clerk is in Blountville, our only mall now is in Kingsport or Johnson City, and so on and so forth. Heck, if I run out of milk it's a 30 minute drive to the closest store in Piney Flats. To us, 10 miles is nothing...that was what I was trying to convey (and doing a poor job of apparently).

Love ya Gordian buttttt we don’t know any of this as fact. As I keep saying. We don’t know she handed Evelyn off. We don’t know she was ever denied access. We don’t know any of it.

All these characters are lying to hide something. Whether it’s to hide Evelyn or to hide what happened to her I don’t know but I think all their stories are just that.

I want to know more about the relationship between KB and WM and also their source of income. He's got quite the rap sheet in Wilkes Co. NC.

JMO

I may be wrong on this, so please correct me if I am, but I am almost certain that theft over $10K is a federal charge. If the goal is to give state LE power in questioning, plus the ability to extradite, they are better off keeping it under the limit that bring the charges up to a federal level.

Taking stolen property across state lines could result in federal charges but not typical for auto theft. State theft charge covers values far exceeding $1ok.

I don't see the feds involved here at all (unless they took a kidnapped child outside of TN which does not appear to be the case here).

MOO

BBM. I think that is exactly why the grandfather contacted authorities and I understand why there has been so little information.

JMO

Yep, exactly. I think this car thing is super shady, with Megan apparently buying it for her mom, and then never paying for it?? Why wouldn’t she pay for something she apparently gave away? It really feels like MB and some others perhaps orchestrated this in a way that was meant to make AB take the fall. They have had two months to put a plan into action.

I hate to do this> but can I get a quick synopsis? I’ve been away from internet and media and come back to see headline about a missing a toddler- not seen since Dec.- and then an amber alert, and now 2 arrests. I read through 3 or 4 of the media timeline links.. but I need a quick synopsis of what the media doesn’t report- but what sleuthers find out. There are SO many pieces to the story that have GOT to be missing. Can anyone guide to a link or a post that that help…

The sheriff’s press conference
FEB 21, 2020
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office holds a press conference regarding 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell.

Yeah, me neither. If that were the case, it would be no trouble at ALL for MB to tell the cops, “my mom has my baby. She took her on this date and I haven’t seen or heard from her since XYZ. I want my baby back!” The facts wouldn’t be changing, her story wouldn’t be inconsistent, it would be simple to tell the police a full and complete story. Likewise, the grandpa would have been told that grandma has the baby and nothing to worry about here. I think the cops are just saying the baby is alive to see what MB or any other random player will do if they think they aren’t on the hook.

I know EP lives in Louisiana but do the rest of these people live in close proximity to each other?
Didn't Grandpa tell Grandma that he intended to report her to DCFS? And she told him he'd be sorry if he did so? That is an indication to me that MB DID tell police she believed the baby is with her mother but she doesn't know where they were located. Hence the Amber Alert and the BOLO with the description of the vehicle.

JMO

Love ya Gordian buttttt we don’t know any of this as fact. As I keep saying. We don’t know she handed Evelyn off. We don’t know she was ever denied access. We don’t know any of it.

All these characters are lying to hide something. Whether it’s to hide Evelyn or to hide what happened to her I don’t know but I think all their stories are just that.
We don't know everything but we do know MB has custody and is responsible for her daughter's well-being. Yet she has not seen her daughter since December and never alerted the authorities that she was missing.

MB stated in her interview she allowed someone she won't name to watch her child. Yet in HW's interview, he claimed MB told him Evelyn was with her father and broke her arm in his care.

Someone is lying and the police have indicated that "someone" is MB...JMO

...During the press conference, Cassidy expressed doubt about when she was last seen. While Boswell says that she last saw the toddler on December 26, a babysitter says that she saw Evelyn around December 10th.

“I’m not going to go with what the mother said, because some of the stories are conflicting and inaccurate,” Cassidy said...

Mom of Tenn. Girl Missing Since December Gave 'Conflicting and Inaccurate' Information: Sheriff

I hate to do this> but can I get a quick synopsis? I’ve been away from internet and media and come back to see headline about a missing a toddler- not seen since Dec.- and then an amber alert, and now 2 arrests. I read through 3 or 4 of the media timeline links.. but I need a quick synopsis of what the media doesn’t report- but what sleuthers find out. There are SO many pieces to the story that have GOT to be missing. Can anyone guide to a link or a post that that help…
The mom’s interview

I thought that was a bit odd too. Then I figured prayers are a good thing no matter where they come from.
I asked because such gatherings are usually in the child's community and law enforcement involved in the search often attends. Ten miles down the road in another community and another state seems odd.

JMO

The baby was last seen by a babysitter on 12/10 or 12/11. The mom has given inconsistent information about where the baby is but says she left her with someone she trusted and that person disappeared. The maternal grandfather of the missing baby called family services a few days ago because he had not seen the baby since Thanksgiving and that launched this entire investigation. The maternal grandmother and another male (possibly her boyfriend) were arrested in a stolen car that had been listed in Evelyn’s AMBER alert in NC yesterday. The alert said the people in that car might have information on Evelyn.

Others please correct me on any incorrect details.

I didn't mean it literally. But we are VERY rural here, and many of us have to drive from one town to the other for any number of things. We we are very interconnected in that way. Our courthouse is in Bristol, TN, our county clerk is in Blountville, our only mall now is in Kingsport or Johnson City, and so on and so forth. Heck, if I run out of milk it's a 30 minute drive to the closest store in Piney Flats. To us, 10 miles is nothing...that was what I was trying to convey (and doing a poor job of apparently).
When I first moved to TN about just shy of 5 years ago we moved to Piney Flats. Now we live in Hampton.....20 minute drive to the closest Walmart. We have no supermarket in Hampton. A half hour to the mall in Johnson City. We drove about 30 minutes to get married in Blountville from Piney Flats. In Hampton were we are we can't get sattelite or cable. We have to hotspot off our phones to use a computer. I canceled my Sprint cell service after 20+ years because I had to stand out in my front drive to get service, lol. Switched to at+t to get 2-3 bars. The high school is tiny and the parking lot is half full because most kids can't afford cars. Most folks don't understand how small some of these towns are and so poor. I think that brings them all closer, not in distance necessarily but out of necessity.

I asked because such gatherings are usually in the child's community and law enforcement involved in the search often attends. Ten miles down the road in another community and another state seems odd.

JMO
Yeah, I tried to figure that one out but couldn't.

Taking stolen property across state lines could result in federal charges but not typical for auto theft. State theft charge covers values far exceeding $1ok.

I don't see the feds involved here at all (unless they took a kidnapped child outside of TN which does not appear to be the case here).

MOO
Taking a stolen car across the state line is a federal crime if the driver knows it is a stolen vehicle. I think the FBI is involved in this case because it involves a kidnapped child.

JMO

TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*NO DISCUSSION

It must be very confusing if you are not familiar with our area. I live in Kingsport, but can be in VA in under 5 minutes.
Also, the Tricities - Kingsport, Bristol and Johnson City are not quite the depressed mountain community that has been mentioned here.

JMO

10 miles is nothing in rural communities. Many of the people within these communities drive for 20-30 miles to go to a store. This is a part of the cultural demographics that make this area a little unique.

That said, I have also stayed in Embassy Suites located not too far from these communities. It all depends on the specific community within the area.

I grew up in rural SC and vividly recall making 40 mile drives once every 3-4 months to go to better department stores in a larger city. We did, however have a Walmart and mall with some stores located within 15 miles of my home. My mom currently lives in an area in NC located 30 miles from an interstate and a good 20-25 minutes from ANY store. Don’t think that means that everyone there is impoverished. She has a huge pool and a 4,000+ square foot home on 11 acres. Some people just prefer to have space around their residence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members