Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no, this can’t drag out for years. I’m too obsessed. Someone will talk IMO
IF this involves a group that has a plan to meet in Missouri this summer, I don't expect anyone will talk. I have unfortunately gone over to the camp of thinking the kids are dead. But we learned in this thread from LHS of a personal acquaintance who made a similar move (divorce and heading to Missouri) so I am not ready to rule out the possibility they are somewhere with another group member. If that is what is going on, sending the kids out ahead while you spend your last few months on Kauai is not unreasonable. But you would NEVER tell anyone, not even a judge! Cults are like that.

The woman in the ring video wasn't carrying anything and Lori seemed to open the door before she even got up to it to knock

To be fair I know when someone is coming to my house and open the door too, If I don't know you are coming I don't open the door when knocked on. IMO this means she knew the person and knew she was coming.

In your scenario who is the account holder. I think if I'm not mistaken we are missing A piece of the puzzle and that piece is "in a case where children get social security from a deceased parent what does the account registration need to be does it need to be joint in parent and child name or can it go to just a parent only account. I don't know the answer to that.

The account is opened in the parent's name as a "custodial account" for the child til 18.

Here is the long answer to this question of how accounts have to be set up and titled and the exceptions.
SSA - POMS: GN 02402.055 - Direct Deposit for Representative Payee Cases - 04/04/2014

Thank you! Based on that doesn't sound like you need a traditional account at a bank. Just needs to be registered to the parent and no access to the child, no issues changing ownership.
Now I'm going to throw a theory out, if Lori was smart, she'd immediately fill out with the bank or investment company a power of attorney form, and be the POA for 18 year old Tylee, that would need to be notarized, if one could find a decoy Tylee and say use a birth certificate to get a drivers license which could then be used to verify identity she would be free and clear to have full access and do as she wished. I think this whole thing is financially motivated so that's my 2 cents of why she would have Tylees birth certificate and if she is anything like a normal person all our birth certificates are in the same place.

I suppose it won’t be new information- but, every time I read or hear someone say they’ve not heard of this case I find myself bewildered! So they must keep at it until “errbody” knows about JJ & Tylee
I guess I’m more interested in his “take” on CD and LV along with the cult-since he was a psychologist at one point!

So it happened around Jan or Feb 2019. And yes, your impression is correct. That was around the same time period when Lori was MIA to Charles and went off with Tylee to stay with her friend April in Kauai. I have long held the same theory as you about the reason for that arguement. I think that fight between Lori and Alex was either before she left for HI and she was angry at Alex because he didn't want to kill Charles (or maybe he had made an attempt we are not aware of and failed?) OR that fight was just after Lori came back from HI and she was angry at Alex because Charles wasn't dead yet. MOO.
First off, I think you are right. But it seems so twisted for Lori to tell Alex he had disgraced the family by NOT killing someone. And why the whole family?

New member here. This story is fascinating and horrible at the same time. In the beginning I believed CD was as responsible as LVD. The more I see him in some of the posted videos, the more I believe she is the only one responsible, including his wife’s demise. I think he has been scammed beyond belief by her.

@Angleterre

Juts bringing your fascinating post over here

As i recall there is quite a bit of tactical game play possible here compared to the US?

e.g in the UK, it might lead to adverse comment at trial, if the defendant does not disclose a material fact relied upon at trial in a pre-trial interview (e.g an alibi)

So you can not disclose - leading probably to "no comment" or then diclose leading to a manufactured version on the spot - that may not match the evidence at trial?

For this reason I also prefer the UK law reforms in this area - sadly in NZ we don't have them.

Yes you have it spot on ! Astute game playing at times and it can be very frustrating....

Our caution on arrest reads as :
You do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

However, our caution upon charge ( arraign) reads slightly differently:

You do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention NOW something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

So basically, it’s a warning that the jury can draw an inference by virtue of the suspect not giving his or her account at the time of interview or by not mentioning anything upon charge , which they may later rely upon as their defence in court (or by giving one account during the interview and then presenting a totally different account at Court when they were given the opportunity at charge, to mention anything that they will rely upon as a defence in court but didn’t do so at that time) and that inference can be one of guilt ...

Confused... you will be !

She hasn't claimed to have killed the kids either, yet here we are entertaining that possibility.

I think it's fair to assume everyone wants the kids to be found alive. As such I'm perfectly fine with trying to come up with ideas and scenarios that explore this thought - no matter how far-fetched it may appear.

She hasn't admitted to killing the kids but she did say Tylee was dead years ago. She also previously told Charles she didn't want JJ anymore. In the words of KW, Lori said she was "Done" dealing with JJ, "I'm done." She proceeded to remove JJ's medication, his clothing, his beloved service dog, his i-pad with his educational software, didn't tell JJ his father died, took him to a new school in a new state without bothering to follow the proper procedures to unenroll him from his private school in AZ, nor did she bother to get his records transferred to the new school. Tylee was so concerned about protecting JJ that Tylee chose to move with them even though Tylee didn't want to move to ID and had originally planned to stay in AZ and live with her friend. By the time Lori enrolled JJ in school in Rexburg she had stopped fixing his hair the way she had always done before Charles died-- his school picture showed his hair longer than normal and matted down according to KW. No, Lori may not have told anyone we know of that JJ is dead. I'll grant you that. But neither has she been acting as if JJ is a beloved child of hers that she would protect at all costs (from who?) and hide him away to the point where she herself is willing to sit in jail and still remain silent about JJ's whereabouts.

MOO.

New member here. This story is fascinating and horrible at the same time. In the beginning I believed CD was as responsible as LVD. The more I see him in some of the posted videos, the more I believe she is the only one responsible, including his wife’s demise. I think he has been scammed beyond belief by her.
Welcome to Websleuths! At this point, I think almost anything is possible, and there are still a few shoes to drop.

Welcome! I hope you like it here!

What gives me pause about only Lori being responsible is that he has a history of being highly manipulative in the past, using his false visions to move the entire family, have his wife stop playing mobile games, etc. This is presumably all before he met Lori. He knew her when Charles died, when her children went missing (including being part of moving their items in-and-out of storage and telling people her children had been deceased when he knew they weren't - at least not yet), stood by when Alex died. Not to mention, if Tammy did in fact die by just going to bed normally and then dying during the middle of the night, that would be extremely difficult for Lori to pull off without Chad. All MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea