Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I'm still not understanding. SM goes to a lot of lengths to discuss a side gate which supposedly only Gannon has the key to. A gate Gannon was apparently regularly checking prior to going missing. Why she does she volunteer this information? How does it help the case?

I checked out the house and neighborhood via Google Earth street view, and the gate appears to open out onto Mandan drive, anyway.

From what I can tell all of the properties back right up against each other, are fully fenced off, with no alleyways running between them. There is no way to sneak out - or in - without ending up on the main road, where all the surveillance cameras are. I just don't get why she needs to add this detail as if it changes the narrative. It doesn't.

Even if the neighbour DR's camera didn't have the right angle or range to catch someone at the gate, other cameras would surely have picked up Gannon or another person in the vicinity. And as far as we know that is not the case.

View attachment 233868 View attachment 233870

Video of Gannon's house for reference, via SM Fox21 news (note the yellow deck chairs):

Twitter
They have a ring doorbell cam. She needed a way to explain how he left and wasn't captured walking out the front door.

I'm going to bed for some much needed sleep. My quotes got broken up which makes it confusing. Multiple posts. Not going off of wild speculation. Sorry if that confused anyone. Trying to stay within TOS. Listen to her interview and what she says. I think she told us a lot. Hopefully tomorrow is the day he's found.

Ahh! Ok now I get her reasoning. but that doesn't take into account all the other surveillance cameras littered up and down Mandan Drive. Which apparently also don't show Gannon walking down the street on Monday at any time, let alone the time window 3pm - 4pm that TS originally claimed.

SBM..
Which by the way please everyone subscribe and tap the bell to get notifications when I have new material on my show.
Next show, barring any drama that I have to take care of on the forum, will be tomorrow (Sunday, Feb 23rd) hopefully in the morning.
Websleuths

Thank you for all that you do and for providing this forum for discussion. I've subscribed to your YT channel and loved watching your segments. Adorable pets too ❤️

Ahh! Ok now I get her reasoning. but that doesn't take into account all the other surveillance cameras littered up and down Mandan Drive. Which apparently also don't show Gannon walking down the street on Monday at any time, let alone the time window 3pm - 4pm that TS originally claimed.
Whoops!

Broad daylight, and no one saw a thing.

They have a ring doorbell cam. She needed a way to explain how he left and wasn't captured walking out the front door.
I was thinking: I remember a few threads ago an intrepid poster did a street view search of Gannon's street and identified several cameras. Has anyone done that on the street that the houses behind Gannon's are on? Like the houses whose backyards he presumably would have had to creep through on his way toward running away, if what we are supposed to believe is that he made his escape out the back?

I'm sure LE has viewed whatever footage is relevant (and I believe if he had been spotted leaving anywhere in the neighborhood that video would have been released quickly, especially since it would have been captured during the original "runaway" time frame reported by TS). I'm just wondering if any WSers have checked it out for themselves and are willing to share.

ETA: 99% sure the street is Galpin Drive.

I quite agree! For example, let's say "someone" did come onto Websleuths 10 days before Gannon disappeared and did some very targeted searches, I would think there would be a digital record of that? If nothing else, it would indicate a level and degree of premeditation that goes beyond simply trying to cover up an abuse that got out of hand...

Interesting to ponder and I'm sure others have thought it:

Did she destroy the hard drive from her computer and is that what they were looking for on the side of the road?

I wish there were more investigative reporters, like in the old days. They were held responsible for their reporting in most cases. In other words, most of the time you trusted your sources. Not true these days. JMO

Yes, BeckyF, it's disheartening not to have confidence in what you read and hear.

I remember when the NYT fired reporter, Rick Bragg for using an out-of-town stringer and not including him in the byline.

Now it seems stories are reported based on social media claptrap or borrowed and doctored speculation with no original interviews at all.

Question from MB14NJ:
"No matter what LE told me, I’d want it known his wife did something to my kid. I’d never leave the area. Why I asked where bio- mom was. Again— NOT saying she has any part. ..."

If you really want to know, and to understand, why she had to briefly leave---Bio-mom has two other children. The younger daughters. And she needs to think of them now as well. She needed to fly home and pick up her 2 yr old because she had not seen her for weeks.

I don't see how anyone can find fault with that. Her daughters need her attention now too, as this is very traumatic, especially for her 8 yr old.

If you are not saying she has 'any part' in this, then why question her parenting decisions. Seems kind of petty, in my opinion. JMO MOO

Last edited:
I wish there were more investigative reporters, like in the old days. They were held responsible for their reporting in most cases. In other words, most of the time you trusted your sources. Not true these days. JMO
Yes, BeckyF, it's disheartening not to have confidence in what you read and hear.

I remember when the NYT fired reporter, Rick Bragg for using an out-of-town stringer and not including him in the byline.

Now it seems stories are reported based on social media claptrap or borrowed and doctored speculation with no original interviews at all.
That is what I've noticed as well. I don't know what happened but there doesn't seem to be many reporters who 'beat the streets' anymore; good old fashioned reporting. I think many cases were solved by investigative reporting that even LE was grateful for. No wonder LE has to keep things so quiet, as in this case.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Since I'm the one who wrote my opinion was that he is permanently done with the new wife, I'll explain my thinking.

If a man kicks that wife out of the house believing she is responsible for his son's disappearance, leaving no room for discussion and lets the ex-wife move in, he must feel permanently done and surely, she does.

I don't know these folks and I'm just speculating after being an observer of human behavior for 70 years.

If these two get back together I'll eat the proverbial WS hat.....and, yes, I've nibbled one or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

That is what I've noticed as well. I don't know what happened but there doesn't seem to be many reporters who 'beat the streets' anymore; good old fashioned reporting. I think many cases were solved by investigative reporting that even LE was grateful for. No wonder LE has to keep things so quiet, as in this case.

Unfortunately, the Internet has put daily newspapers out of business or severely cut back their staffs.

They're not coming back so we're stuck with what we've got. Bummer, huh?

If you are Asking in a roundabout way, why Al had physical custody and not the bio mom, there is a good answer for that. Ands it is nothing nefarious, she was not found deficient by the courts or anything. They did have joint custody.
But I cannot break TOS by giving the specific details but will say that it was temporarily decided that the children will go to school in Colorado, while with their father. They did speak to their mother every night and saw her during school vacations and in the summer.

Sometimes people have health issues that temporarily affect their ability to care for children.

Last edited:
I was thinking: I remember a few threads ago an intrepid poster did a street view search of Gannon's street and identified several cameras. Has anyone done that on the street that the houses behind Gannon's are on? Like the houses whose backyards he presumably would have had to creep through on his way toward running away, if what we are supposed to believe is that he made his escape out the back?

I'm sure LE has viewed whatever footage is relevant (and I believe if he had been spotted leaving anywhere in the neighborhood that video would have been released quickly, especially since it would have been captured during the original "runaway" time frame reported by TS). I'm just wondering if any WSers have checked it out for themselves and are willing to share.

ETA: 99% sure the street is Galpin Drive.

Unfortunately street view does not extend along Galpin Drive. I did observe a ring bell camera on the house which faces that corner. However, I am under the impression such cameras only have a range of 5 to 30 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer