Media Links ONLY - No Discussion

o_O

7 June 2019

Michelle Dewberry says Madeleine McCann search wouldn't get 'fraction of the money' if she was from Hull

The former Apprentice winner believes it wouldn't have recieved the same support if it was a Hull family who left their child while they 'went to the local boozer'

Speaking on Sky News debate show The Pledge, panelists argued whether the continued stream of Home Office funding was "according to class" - something the Hull businesswoman whole-heartedly agreed with.

'Maddie search wouldn't get fraction of cash if she was from Hull'

'If this was a family from Hull who went to the local caravan park, this wouldn't be getting millions of pounds.'

.@MichelleDewbs explains why she thinks class has been a factor, in extra funding being made available for the Madeleine McCann investigation.

#ThePledge

(Video)

The Pledge on Twitter

MADELEINE McCann will never be found and her case is “unsolvable” due to a single CCTV camera not working in the resort where she vanished, a former top cop says.

Ex-detective Mark Williams-Thomas, 49, now an investigative journalist who helped expose paedophile Jimmy Savile's crimes, believes the three-year-old British girl was taken by an “opportunistic criminal."
Maddie McCann mystery will NEVER be solved due to missing cctv , ex-cop claims

Mr Cranwell told reporters on Wednesday he was taking the “really unusual” step of releasing two mobile phone numbers as part of the appeal.

The first, (+351) 912 730 680, is believed to have been used by the suspect and received a call from another Portuguese mobile, (+351) 916 510 683, while in the Praia da Luz area, starting at 7.32pm and ending at 8.02pm on the night of May 3 2007.

German child sex offender is prime suspect in missing Madeleine case

I'm translating official statements from German police and press. Please consider some things:
- I am not a professional translator.
- Although English and German are my native languages, I tend to mix up grammar and spelling, so I will make some mistakes.
- The names of German law institutions are sometimes difficult to translate. I will always write the German name at least once, as I am not sure that the translation is correct. If you want to quote me, please take the German name of the institutions as I can not guarantee that the translation fits the function of the institution
- I will only translate articles and statements when I am sure that they are credible. I will not translate articles based on hearsay.
- In my translations I will respect the German privacy law, meaning that I will not name the suspect any other than Christian B.
- You will find the original link at the end of each translation

Translated Transcript for the press conference given by Hans Christian Wolters, Speaker of the Staatsanwaltschaft Braunschweig (Departement of public prosecution Braunschweig) on June 4th 2020, 13:00

"Hello, my Name is Hans Christian Wolters, I am here to give a short statement regarding the ongoing investigation in the missing person case of the British girl Madeleine Beth McCann who vanished on May 3rd 2007 from an apartement complex in Praya de Luz, Portugal. The Departement of public prosecution Braunschweig is investigating a 43 year old German citizen in suspicion of murder. You can conclude that we do think that the girl is dead. The suspect is a repeated sexual offender, who has been charged for child molestation before. Right now he is imprisoned because of a different charge and is serving a sentence of seven years. The suspect was living regulary in the Algarve between 1995 and 2007, amongst others in a house between Lagos and Praya de Luz. As far as we know he worked in different part-time jobs in the area of Lagos, amongst others in gastronomy. Clues suggest that he also committed multiple crimes to finance his living, including break-ins at hotels and holiday flats and drug trafficking. The Departement of puclic prosecution Braunschweig is working on the case, because the suspect was living in the district of Braunschweig before his stay in Portugal. The Bundeskriminalamt (German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation) is working on behalf of the Departement of public prosecution Braunschweig, they are investigating closely with the Metropolitan Police and the portugese PJs. We now ask for the help of the public, a witnessappeal was published on the website of the BKA yesterday. I ask everybody to look at the appeal and help with your statement. Because of the ongoing investigation I can not give any more information, especially regarding details of the criminal charges and previous investigation results. This is the end of my statement, thank you for your attention."
translated by me, someone who is not familiar with juristic terms, I am very sorry for spelling mistakes.

this was transcribed from the life press conference, so you have to look for a link yourself :O

"Seven years in prison for brutal rape in Portugal
Braunschweig. 14 years ago, a 72 year old was attacked in her home. The 43 year old suspect is pleading not guilty in the trial taking place in Braunschweig.

The suspect is talking of a "trial of arbitrariness", his lawyer demands to release the suspect because of the benefit of the doubt. The regional court of Braunschweig on the other hand is sure that the suspect is guilty.

14 years ago - in September 2005 - the suspect, who had his last residence near Braunschweig, is accused to have robbed, shackled, hit, raped and stolen from a 72 year old American woman in her home in Portugal.

In the verdict, the regional court agrees with the Departement of public prosecution: The 43 year old is sentenced to serve seven years in prison for brutal rape and robbery.

This seven years include a former sentence of a year and nine months given by the court of Niebüll in Schleswig-Holstein for Marihuana dealing and drug trafficking on Sylt.

Both trials are now investigating the question, if the suspect is protected by the "Spezialitätsgrundsatz": Meaning that he can only be charged for the crime because of which he was transfered from Portugal to Germany.

The regional court of Braunschweig is arguing that the protection of the "Spezialitätsgrundsatz" is not longer valid, because the suspect stayed in Italy after his deportation from Portugal. The 43 year old does not share this opinion: "I am still protected by the Spezialitätsgrundsatz. They should not have been able to arrest me in Italy."

The definitive verdict will be given by the Bundesgerichtshof (German Federal Supreme Court).

The rape trial is not effected by the verdict of the German Federal Supreme Court.

The emigrant, who made his living in Portugal with various part-time jobs, lived in a house close to the home of the victim when the crime took place. He depictes himself as a helpful man with changing relationships and claims to have nothing in common with the masked robber of September 2005 who seemed to enjoy hitting and torturing his victim with a bendable metal object.

But how did a body hair of the suspect end up on the crime scene? The Departement of public prosecution Claims the hair to be strong and valid evidence. The suspect has other ideas of how the hair ended up there: While petting the victims cat in front of the house or a meeting in the Supermarket or cafe, the hair could have been transported to the house by chance.

And then it ended up on the same bed sheet on the bed used during the rape? That's too far fetched for the regional court - as an DNA expert confirmed during the trial. She said it is possible, but very unlikely.
The investigators found the hair early on, but could not connect it to the suspect right away, years after the unsolved crime took place. Acquaintances of the suspect mentioned video tapes during the iterrogation of the police. This tapes showed the suspect in apparenty real rape scenes.

The video tapes did never show up, it's said that they don't exist anymore. Did the former acquaintances made them up to come to good terms with the police? The lawyer of the suspect points out that there are a lot of obections in the statements, "the statements are just not believeable."

The Departement of public prosecution claims the statements to be valid. "The police started investigating because they reported the rape of an older woman.", the judge explains. The Police started looking into crimes in Portugal which matched the description the two made. The description matched the case of the raped 72 year old.

Regarding all given evidence, the Departement of public prosecution finds the suspect to be guilty."

Sieben Jahre Haft wegen brutaler Vergewaltigung in Portugal - Braunschweiger Zeitung

This is a short paragraph from an article about the ongoing investigation of the Departement of Public Prosecution
"It is considered to be possible that the suspect is responsible for another kidnapping:
The Departement of Public Prosecution Stendal is looking for possible connections between the cases of Maddie and the German girl Inga, who vanished from Sachen-Anhalt five years ago at only five years old.
They are investigating if there are reasons to think that the two cases are connected and if this connection would lead to a stronger suspiscion against the suspect, said the Departement of Sachen-Anhalt. They do not release any more information due to the fact that this is an ongoing investigation.
Inga from Schönbeck in Sachen-Anhalt was five years old when she went missing from a forrest near the city of Stendal. She was on a family trip. Investigations and searchparties did not find any traces of the girl. The area is about 100km away from Braunschweig."

Fall Maddie: Verbindung zwischen Fällen Maddie und Inga?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back