Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he received a life insurance policy from his wife as a wedding gift?!
Does anyone know if it is true that a person can take out life insurance on someone (maybe only relative?) and that someone doesn't even need to be informed? It seems I have seen this and, if true, I have never understood it.

I'm thinking if this was the way I felt about my new spouse this soon I'd be looking into an annulment. Wow. MOO
"A marriage can also be annulled if one of the spouses was insane at the time of the marriage but has now regained sanity. However, if the parties continue to willingly live together as a married couple after sanity was restored, the marriage cannot be annulled."

I don't believe sanity has been restored. MOO

Family Law Self-Help Center - Grounds for Annulment in Nevada

Yikes, apologies for re-igniting the Mexico/passport discussion lol!! :D And now we're discussing asylum for religious persecution! My burning question doesn't reach that point in the scenario...

Now that I've finally watched Dateline and heard the reported details, I don't think there was actually a booked- and immediate-trip to Mexico. It sounds like Dateline got a tip about them possibly taking off for Mexico, so they camped outside the hotel to catch them. I think 'the tip' likely came from a hotel employee or someone similar, based on a comment or conversation from LV/CD, and not based on actual flight records or official law enforcement information. And since we know LV/CD have lied frequently, I think this was just another lie to throw folks off their scent...MOO!

Agree JR and sister Annie were not close. Annie says she tried to stay friendly with Lori and Tylee, visiting Lori the month after JRs death. This is when she heard the infamous "it would be better to put her kids in the car and go over the side of a cliff" quote and decided her relationship with Lori was over. I don't think we can blame Annie for not having a better relationship to Tylee, she was pushed away. MOO.
Timeline of Events Around the Disappearance of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow - Annielytics.com

just out of curiosity, did they ever identify the passengers of that car that went off a cliff in california? that is the first thing i thought about when i heard that comment on dateline.

I have given this thought.vI think initially Tylee was a problem that had to be dealt with. Then they realized that JJ was never going to shut up about her. Or they realized JJ knew too much about what happened to her. JJ may have had some issues. But I feel he was probably very smart and aware of his surroundings.
I wonder if JJ mentioned Tylee to the babysitter Lori hired on September 19.

Anne Cushing has been open about the fact that her & her siblings (including Joe Ryan/Tylee’s Dad) were all separated in their childhood & grew up in different foster homes. Just sharing that in case anyone wondered why Anne might have seemed distant from JR. I haven’t visited her blog, so I don’t know if she’s discussed that there- but, she has in a forum which I can’t share here.

Edited to change initials to name for clarity & also just checked Anne’s blog- while she didn’t discuss the childhood of her & Joe she does say she has posts in a private FB group which she welcomes to share (which I can’t do in this forum).

Adding: MOO Joe growing up in foster care highlights his hard and long fought battle for custody of his only child. The sheer cruelty of Lori & Alex’s actions toward him given they’d have known of his childhood makes their actions more grotesque to me.
JR's sister/Tylee's Aunt Annie has a blog, I don't know that she's discussed it there. IMO only, sounds like JR may have had some

Am wondering that since Tylee was underage the funds may have flowed to LV FBO Tylee Ryan, and there would also have been SSI survivor benefits.

IMO any relationship issues between JR/TR had at least as much to do with Lori’s mind games and manipulation as anything else. Whatever JR may or may not have been as a husband - or whatever LV may or may not have been as a wife, there is no power on earth that can change the fact that he was Tylee’s father.

It appears that that JR's crime as far as Lori was concerned was that their marriage failed and she blamed him 100% for it, but primarily that he had the audacity to ask for access to his own child. When he did, her Lori’s brother was lying in wait to ambush, taze, and break his ribs. Apparently that's how they do conflict in the Cox family, at least this bunch, and it sure has carried through to date.

Custody issues related to Tylee went on for years (per KVW, CV footed legal bills ballpark $250-300K IIRC, and JR would have likely had the same type of bills).

Quite telling is that when JR was awarded custody, the first thing Lori did when she had her custodial time was to remove TR from the jurisdiction, start up a bunch of malicious rumors that JR had abused Tylee, involved her daughter in the rumors, and used those to threaten JR. We have insight into this because Tylee herself told a friend in Hawaii all about it.

Then when Tylee’s father died, Lori discouraged her from mourning him, stating the world was better off without him. What does that say to a kid? It feels very much like a form of emotional ‘violence’ to me to inflict this on any child – period - especially one who is emotionally vulnerable, having just lost her father forever.

But wait, it gets worse. A little over a year later, Charles is also ambushed, only instead of a good old tazing with some broken ribs, we have now escalated to two bullets to the chest, and this happens when both Tylee & JJ are there. This is followed also by flagrant callousness and disregard for Charles’ two sons & Colby - telling all 3 of those young men their father/stepfather died by TEXT, providing either no detail or straight-up lies, then dodging them for days so they don't know which end is up? Good God. Did anyone see the utter heartbreak of Annie Cushing and Cheryl Wheeler on Dateline? Annie is devastated for Tylee and JJ, and of course Cheryl is devastated for her sons. These are normal and relatable reactions to something unbelievable yet all too real, and it’s happening in their FAMILY.

Not so much for Chad and Lori, who act as if they are the victims while they leave utter carnage in their wake, treating their own loved ones as acceptable collateral damage. I can’t even with these two.

Last edited:
And exert from Chad:
By that afternoon, my email inbox basically blew up with media requests from all over the country. Dozens of national programs wanted to interview Julie. The Today Show asked her to appear on-set in New York City, and People Magazine wanted to do a feature article. ABC TV’s Los Angeles affiliate sought to fly her there for an interview. Fox News begged to have her on that evening, and Inside Edition desperately pleaded for her to be their lead story.
We even received inquiries from Mexico, Canada, and several European countries.
Julie Rowe Media Frenzy

I have been lurking and trying to catch up for weeks, literally. But I finally have so I have another thought to add, just some cultural insight.

LDS people do believe in preparedness, and we are taught it's a good thing. We are advised to prepare financially to be out of debt and have some back up savings in case of long term illness or accident, or loss of employment. We are taught to have 72 kits or bug out bags and emergency plans in case of house fire, or natural disaster and so on. We are taught to have food storage in case of shortages, employment gaps, or even possible quarantine situations... Just general concepts of being prepared because it promotes faith instead of fear - and financially it's just wise.

Prepping is taking this to more of a hobby level and sometimes to extreme levels. My own father went through a prepper stage where he built a brick oven in the yard for outdoor cooking in case they needed it. They dug a well so they have water supply not connected to the city if they need it. They have a solar generator and battery storage unit in a faraday cage as well as about 2+ years food storage for them and many others. This is beyond what is currently counseled by the church. They have done so because they can and because they want to, but that level is not part of any of our specific beliefs.

My reason for being interested in this case is that I'm not close enough to be a VI sort of person, but I'm one step away in many directions. I'm part of many groups of people who study the end times prophecies, and have heard a lot of these various ideas. I have rejected the ones that are not doctrinal and more extreme... but I have been invited to events by that company we don't name, and I have been invited to join AVOW by various people. I have an uncle who goes to AVOW to talk with his ham radio buddies. (another prepping concept) I know two authors that published through Chad personally, and one of them is a VERY close friend an she was the one who told me about this case. We talk at least weekly. Facebook seems to think that Jason Mow should be my friend as he's at the top of all the suggestions they give because of so many mutual friends.

Because of that.. here's what I'm seeing - There are many who study and are interested in the end times type things in the LDS church. There are three types. The first type sticks only to scriptures and prophetic sayings. The second type looks beyond that and includes personal revelation, discussion with others about non doctrinal speculation... and the third type is so HUNGRY for this kind of stuff not coming directly from the church leadership and the pulpit that they cling to anyone claiming to have more info, people like JR the author and Chad and so on... Lori fits this third type to a T but add in some serious psychosis and fanaticism. It's that third group that are the ones who go off the rails and go looking for anything to satisfy curiosity and impatience in this regard. I recently explained to someone else that though the LDS church says "latter-day" referring to last days type of things, they were named this back in 1830... it's been almost 2 centuries of "last days". This third kind of person is not always involved with AVOW and with that group we don't name or even with cultish behavior - BUT a subset of that sort is! I've suddenly become aware of how many on my friends lists on social media are in that kind of mindset. It's made me a little sick to see how close it is to me all over the place.

The trend I've seen is that third group, especially when radicalized like Lori and Chad seem to be - tend to go pretty drastic and do really strange things believing angels and God are instructing them to do so. I learned yesterday there is a girl I grew up with who is also part of Chad's group, was told by this group that she is one of the 144k and so she divorced her husband and moved to Missouri and is in "waiting" to be called upon. This kind of behavior in the third type I named has been spoken against by church leadership over and over and over again as recently as last October's conference for the worldwide church.

Not sure if all this rambling helps anything... just some insight I guess. (I'm sorry I'm long winded)
WOW thank you for taking the time to post all of it, LHS, its extremely well written, you thoroughly cover the end-times prophecy /prepper thing in a way that is simple, fair, and without the broad brush often used by ppl who find the whole thing utterly alien to their perspectives. as an exvangelical who still has one foot in that world, i've wanted to post something similar as these concepts are very familiar among Protestant and Catholic fundamentalists as well. i know your post will provide helpful, deeper understandings to many.

One thing that jumped out at me personally here, is your mention of MISSOURI-- i'd not seen any states in connection with That Group other than those resided in by the key players in this case. Can you say more in a general way about what is based in MO?

I hate to say this but the complaints/concerns about JJ from other residents might have played a part in Lori's decision to make him disappear. She may have started seeing him more as a liability who was attracting negative attention.

What complaints and concerns?

I hate to say this but the complaints/concerns about JJ from other residents might have played a part in Lori's decision to make him disappear. She may have started seeing him more as a liability who was attracting negative attention.

All LV had to do was contact JJ's loving grandparents who would have gladly raised him - if she could not handle it. It's obvious from the photos/videos of JJ with his grandparents that they loved him, and he loved them.

LV is hateful … mean …

JMO and MOO

At first I was convinced that Lori was the most evil player in the group. But all the posts about Lori’s looks and “smirks” made me reevaluate whether I was basing my opinions on looks.

Lori is pretty but her face is all sharp angles. A harsh face minus the nice hair. She has a stress half smile, half grimace that sometimes comes across as a smirk, almost like a nervous tic. It’s her tell. Then she has an actual smirk.

Chad, on the other hand, has this soft, doughy ‘aw shucks’ face. That face has probably given him a pass on his behavior on many occasions. And I think to some extent, colors our opinions on his level of involvement.

Look past Chad’s soft face and watch his eyes. There’s some careful calculating going on there. MOO
Chad looks like a bumbling country bumpkin type, but he was a Sterling Scholar in high school, no easy feat. His whole family, parents and siblings are really smart. I'm not saying he's a great writer, but he did run a publishing company. I think Chad has been a very cruel and calculating member of this whole operation from Day One. MOO.

I just did a search, and LR, nor LV, nor LD has a passport as of today, 2/23/20, have a passport, but according to this article, it can take 6 to 8 weeks to receive your passport. Even possibly as early as Dec. It is possible that they purchased the tickets before receiving their passports. Also possible that they assumed that they would receive their passport immediately if not days after applying. Hmmm, what if the FBI put a watch on their names and held them up “for a bit”. And that may have been why they did not take off for Mexico. Or as some have speculated, the Mexico ticket was just a ruse.

USPS Offers Passport Application Tips

The Mexico flight plan was first reported AFAIK, Jan. 28th (from our expert timeline: 28 Jan 2020 – A news crew got a tip that Lori and Chad had switched hotels in Kauai and were planning to take a flight to Mexico. The crew staked out both the front and back entrances of the hotel hoping to see them leaving (Dateline).) They may have simply been over heard talking about Mexico, or they aborted the plan because of such heavy reporter and civilian presence. Probably pretty certain “the powers that be” would have stopped that flight.

The trip to Maui was Feb. 16th to 18th, ( Chad and Lori Daybell board another plane and leave Maui | East Idaho News ) I doubt if they waited that long, so if they applied for a passport it would probably have been in Kaua’i. The nearest location to Princeville shown is in Kalauea, 6.7 miles or 13 min. They do appear to have limited passport appointment hours.

PO Locator | USPS

JMO, MOO, FWIW
You can pay extra and have a passport expedited. This would have required LV & CD to travel to the Passport Agency in Honolulu.

How to Get my U.S. Passport Fast

Amusing anecdote: pre 9/11 when passports were more lax I drove to the passport agency in the city close to where I live and applied for my first passport. Ran into a friend in the city and, long story short, didn't make it home until about 30 hours later. My passport had already been delivered. No expediting fee.

Just want to thank everyone for all the updates as I try to catch up with the case.

The only thing I want to add at this point is something I havent seen mentioned yet. IMO, I think if Lori was involved in the planning or actions of any of the previous deaths like her Ex, then I think it became easier for her to maybe take out the kids too because at that point her thought process could have been "what the heck, if they catch me being involved in one, its not much worse if Im involved in 2 or 3 more".

I know it would be stupid to think like that but it could have been her thoughts and could have explained why so many around her seemed to be dropping like flies.

This case is beyond incredible. I hope its not as bad as it seems right now.

AC has been open about the fact that her & her siblings (including Joe Ryan/Tylee’s Dad) were all separated in their childhood & grew up in different foster homes. Just sharing that in case anyone wondered why AC might have seemed distant from JR. I haven’t visited her blog, so I don’t know if she’s discussed that there- but, she has in a forum which I can’t share here.
Might not want to refer to Annie as AC..

I agree - I was only responding to the assertion that the defendant has to take the stand to make that claim, but if it was meant as a 'she'll have to or it won't even pass the smell test' then I'm definitely with you.

In some ways this would be more like a classic cut throat defence where each accused blames the other ...

Only one is dead :D

This case just won't stop ....

Yes, yes.... where is Nate. He definitely knows more...Ohhhh... When can we sleuth MBP... There is "stuff" out there on her new husband. But I am certain Nate knows more because he is professionally connected to the head of the company that IP works for. I am sensing that Nate is going to eventually come out with a bombshell...
arggh another new name! also, the company IP works for i personally suspect may be a really big factor in MBP's mate selection-- and i STILL want to know who is The Matchmaker and how many other rush pairings have been going on in a certain group's mad race to D-day. because, if there's plenty quick divorces/remarriages happening, what might be consequences to partners resisting their prophet's direction? particularly if only one mate is in cult and other is not? particularly particularly for those with minor children involved?
wild speculating at ths point only, of course. until a broader picture surfaces. i personally feel what has been so far revealed in this case is only the leaking head on a much larger, mortally infected boil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa