Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different topic--- it surprises me the kids played in the front yard. Looks like it's all concrete and gravel to me. Is there something like a basketball net there?

Also do we know if video captured either of the sisters arriving home on Monday?
Thanks
JMO

RS&BBM

Gannon's front yard, as it appeared in September 2019 via google street view:

gannon yard.jpg

I think it will play a big part in this case.
If we could just confirm her movements from when she left, which road she took etc....
Lots of neighbors had cctv cameras.. but that will only show movement around their home.. he was alive leaving. That is all we know.

There could be neighborhood footage showing LS returning home. There might be footage from an angle that clearly demonstrates Gannon was in the car. Of course, it's more problematic if footage doesn't appear to show Gannon in the car when they came home - she could always claim he was lying down in the backseat.

Or there could be neighborhood footage covering the relevant hours that don't show Gannon leaving home to go anywhere - with someone or to an unknown "friend's" house.

I have wondered if possibly he (the neighbor) has encountered LS before and doesn't like her. The footage could be genuine but his motives for showing it to the dad could be revenge or just concern. It's possible the neighbor suspected LS mistreated Gannon and AS didn't know it or wouldn't believe it.
It could be anything. But to me it's not right. He had to have known the Dad was frantic, why pour gasoline on the poor father's heart with a totally off the wall statement, yes, condemning the stepmom. (re drugging). I have relatives with that type of pickup, I'm about 5'3 and they are not easy to hop into. And there are all sorts of reasons (beaten like a dead horse here, I know) to explain why he could have been walking slowly, although he looks like he's walking like a normal kid to me. Anyway, I doubt I'll change my mind about a neighbor who releases "earth-shattering" evidence to the press, tells the world what the detective allegedly thought when laying eyes on the evidence, and tells the father (and the world) that his son looked drugged. Just to make the Dad feel better, I guess. Anyway enough for that guy, I won't change my mind about his role, and I guess I have that right. Like I said, I'm not accusing him of kidnapping Gannon.

There could be neighborhood footage showing LS returning home. There might be footage from an angle that clearly demonstrates Gannon was in the car. Of course, it's more problematic if footage doesn't appear to show Gannon in the car when they came home - she could always claim he was lying down in the backseat.

Or there could be neighborhood footage covering the relevant hours that don't show Gannon leaving home to go anywhere - with someone or to an unknown "friend's" house.
LE stated in first presser that no cctv had picked up his movements after the reported missing time, 3.13pm-4pm.
They did subsequently clarify that the report was not theirs, they did not write that report, it was the wording of the report they had received from LS

I don’t have proof about getting her off to school, but do know I read about breakfast and Harley. When I get home I’ll search for article.
I agree with you. To me it sounded like she was coaching Harley in that “Cousin It” interview. Cuz Harley said something like “what do you want me to tell him?”And she said something like, “tell him that you saw Gannon Monday morning at breakfast.” Of course now I’m paraphrasing what was actually said because I forget a lot due to chemo, I just remember the gist of things and I felt and it was largely discussed in Gannon’s threads back when the interview was first released that Harley seemed coached by her mother. IMO, JMO

If I, my husband, or a kid in my care, got hurt in the garage, I sure as hell wouldn't treat it in a presumably dirty, badly lit, garage. If it was likely to bleed on the carpet, I would find some way to protect the carpet and put the injured person in the presumably well-lit kitchen or bathroom where clean up would be easy. Then I would fetch my first aid supplies, clean the wound, and decide whether it needed professional treatment. In our house, with its walk-in master shower, I would put the injured in the shower so they could irrigate the wound thoroughly before dressing the wound.

That was his characterization to the media; we don’t know what he said to the father.

His father made his own conclusion, and it apparently brought him to tears.

But his own conclusion, whether or not influenced by what the neighbor said, may have been the wrong conclusion. For example, if Gannon actually was in the car when it returned (the shadow theory -- which I don't necessarily subscribe to) or there was some reasonable explanation why Gannon didn't come back to the house in the truck but did come back before 3:00-3:15 and the explanation hadn't yet been provided because whether Gannon came back with the stepmother in the truck wasn't an issue until the neighbor produced the video. I suppose she could have previously said I brought him home in the truck and he was with me when we pulled in the driveway at 2:19, but I wouldn't think so until there was some issue raised about the truth of her story that Gannon was home with her before leaving the house at 3:00-3:15. jmo

Last edited:
Well if it's any consolation, I don't think he kidnapped Gannon or took part in making him disappear. I just think he is either very very naive, on the thoughtless side, or just a plain old attention seeker. Tell the Dad of a missing kid that he saw the kid and he looked drugged?

Did RD tell AS that Gannon looked drugged, or did he say that when he was speaking to the reporter?
Serious question, as I don't recall seeing or hearing that he told Gannon's dad that.
Plus, to be fair, it's entirely possible "drugged" is the only thing he could think of, or that made sense, considering the way Gannon was "allegedly" walking. It doesn't mean he was actually drugged, but it's certainly possible the reporter asking the questions asked him (RD) to describe in more detail how Gannon was walking.

I'm giving neighbor dude the benefit of the doubt unless LE gives me a reason to side eye him. Seems fair to me.

If I, my husband, or a kid in my care, got hurt in the garage, I sure as hell wouldn't treat it in a presumably dirty, badly lit, garage. If it was likely to bleed on the carpet, I would find some way to protect the carpet and put the injured person in the presumably well-lit kitchen or bathroom where clean up would be easy. Then I would fetch my first aid supplies, clean the wound, and decide whether it needed professional treatment. In our house, with its walk-in master shower, I would put the injured in the shower so they could irrigate the wound thoroughly before dressing the wound.

I would. Especially if it was a minor cut. I don't think I'm alone in that.

Well if it's any consolation, I don't think he kidnapped Gannon or took part in making him disappear. I just think he is either very very naive, on the thoughtless side, or just a plain old attention seeker. Tell the Dad of a missing kid that he saw the kid and he looked drugged?
He would know what Gannon looked like normally. Also doubt the dad would react the way he did if it weren't true. Dad would know. Also RD hasn't had LEO have to get search warrants for anything, and hasn't changed his account of things. Not once, He also faced the camera full on. MOO

Regarding all discussion casting doubt/suspicion/speculation toward RD:

The neighbor who provided the Chris Watts video made observations to law enforcement and media as well after reviewing the footage, with CW watching, no less. He said he was acting extremely suspicious, providing details nobody asked about what he was loading into the truck, etc...we all know how that turned out. He was spot on. Not seeking attention, not wanting the limelight. Simply wanting to help find the victims in these cases and provide whatever help they could at that time.

I respect neighbors in both cases for being bold enough to step forward at great personal expense (their reputations, possible scrutiny and speculation as seen in this forum) in order to do what they felt was right to bring things to light that may not have otherwise been discovered if they hadn’t done so.

My hat is off to them.

IMO MOO JMO

Regarding all discussion casting doubt/suspicion/speculation toward RD:

The neighbor who provided the Chris Watts video made observations to law enforcement and media as well after reviewing the footage, with CW watching, no less. He said he was acting extremely suspicious, providing details nobody asked, etc...we all know how that turned out. He was spot on. Not seeking attention, not wanting the limelight. Simply wanting to help find the victims in these cases and provide whatever help they could at that time.

I respect neighbors in both cases for being bold enough to step forward at great personal expense (their reputations, possible scrutiny and speculation as seen in this forum) in order to do what they felt was right to bring things to light that may not have otherwise been discovered if they hadn’t done so.

My hat is off to them.

IMO MOO JMO
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

bbm

Why would I think that? LE has been tight-lipped about almost everything. Also, how would that advance the investigation? If it's to see what GS was wearing LE could provide that info via press conference and/or other media releases without need to release a video.

They released the last known footage of Harley Dilly,even though you couldn't see that it was him or what he was wearing clearly,and it actually looked like the person in the video still was wearing a different kind if jacket to the one they said he was wearing,they didn't give the exact location to protect their investigation,yet they still released the image.
I am of the opinion that LE would release footage of Gannons last known whereabouts if they had any of him leaving on his own if for no other reason than to possibly jog a witness's memory. All MOO

It could be anything. But to me it's not right. He had to have known the Dad was frantic, why pour gasoline on the poor father's heart with a totally off the wall statement, yes, condemning the stepmom. (re drugging). I have relatives with that type of pickup, I'm about 5'3 and they are not easy to hop into. And there are all sorts of reasons (beaten like a dead horse here, I know) to explain why he could have been walking slowly, although he looks like he's walking like a normal kid to me. Anyway, I doubt I'll change my mind about a neighbor who releases "earth-shattering" evidence to the press, tells the world what the detective allegedly thought when laying eyes on the evidence, and tells the father (and the world) that his son looked drugged. Just to make the Dad feel better, I guess. Anyway enough for that guy, I won't change my mind about his role, and I guess I have that right. Like I said, I'm not accusing him of kidnapping Gannon.

AMOO:
Maybe AS approached his neighbor upon advice and information from LE.
As GS father, he had a right to know what was on that video.

I would. Especially if it was a minor cut. I don't think I'm alone in that.

I don't know how tall Gannon is in relation to the car. If I cut my foot, I don't know that I would put my foot up on the car bumper for someone to clean and bandage - particularly when that someone probably had to go into the house to get a bandage. I might sit on the car bumper - but ordinarily that wouldn't result in blood on the bumper.

I'm short, so I'd find it pretty uncomfortable, if not impossible, to stand with one foot up on an SUV bumper.

Love your user name, btw. Lambs do not just eat ivy, right?

I am on the same train of thought. And the most obvious answer is that a passive method of disappearing someone could be part of this case. Perhaps, after a cold, sleepless night, Gannon was left somewhere even colder, right before a storm moved in. If found alive, he "ran away" and "hitchhiked."

Thank goodness for all the cameras that have other evidence in this case.

I can imagine LS being either active or passive. Her past history has evidence that she is not a particularly passive person, but perhaps she learned from her previous mistakes in previous relationships.

I can imagine her acting passive-aggressively more than just passive, as in not getting the medical attention Gannon needed, or as you suggested, leaving him somewhere in the cold and then blaming him for running away. She definitely seems like a cover your own *ss type of person, never admitting responsibility for anything. I don't think I will be surprised by anything we eventually find out, but I don't know enough about her to come to any conclusions yet. She seems kind of like one of my sisters - surrounded by chaos all the time and unaware that she is at the root of it.
(Thanks for noticing my 'lambs' user name, btw)

He would know what Gannon looked like normally. Also doubt the dad would react the way he did if it weren't true. Dad would know. Also RD hasn't had LEO have to get search warrants for anything, and hasn't changed his account of things. Not once, He also faced the camera full on. MOO

We don't know if the dad cried as we only have RD's account. It wouldn't surprise me though to hear a father cried at seeing a video of his son who had been missing nearly a week. Looking "drugged" may or may not have factored in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member