Identified! KY - Nancy, WhtFem Skeletal 39UFKY, 24-45, synovial joint pathology, Jul'95. Christie Witcher

I agree with everything minus "she was not aware nor the family".
Because even without a medical diagnosis, the MP and family certainely noticed the reduced mobility, that something was not right.

It doesn't mean they had a diagnosis, nor a treatment. But not noticing a reduced mobility in her joints, euh, m'enfin!

The only joint they mention is the wrists, though. That's much less noticeable than something that would interfere with walking.

I agree that not having mention of the issue might be a strike against a particular match. Most people would mention it. But I've seen cases where the person making the MP report left off things like full dentures. There was one around here where the missing person (found safely thankfully) had a disfiguring facial scar that wasn't on her missing persons report because the sister who made the report didn't want to "embarrass her sister by spreading it all over the newspapers."

I found another good possibility (IMO) ...

Anna Lee Manning
View attachment 231576View attachment 231577View attachment 231578View attachment 231579View attachment 231581
- Danville/Junction City, Kentucky (Nancy)
- November 19, 1992 (July 1995 - PMI: 0-4 years)
- 23 years old (24 - 45)
- 5’0” (5’1” - 5’3”)
- 108 lbs. (unknown)
- Red/auburn hair (short, medium brown)
- scar on right pinkie & red spot on back of head
- last seen wearing blue jeans, shirt/blouse & tennis shoes (blue jean skirt, remnants of red shirt & white tennis shoes)
- bizarre circumstances (per The Charley Project)
I really like Anna Manning as a potential match for Nancy Doe. Most of the details match pretty well, from what I can see. I would submit, for sure.

Could the MP had been misdiagnosed?
Ex: "arthritis" or "arthrosis" while it's a synovial joint condition?
Medicine in 1995 was not like medicine nowadays. MRI were not as widespread as they are now, for example.

Or maybe family/MP has noticed something in the wrists, but were written off by healthcare practitioners.

Do you think that it can work when trying to make a match?

Ok, got an answer from ME.

I'd say absolutely! I'm afraid we might miss a match if we have "tunnel vision", if that makes sense?

I appreciate all your help, compassion and hard work on these cases!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Amy

This is advice given straight from horse's mouth, if it does make sense.

Could the MP had been misdiagnosed?
Ex: "arthritis" or "arthrosis" while it's a synovial joint condition?
Medicine in 1995 was not like medicine nowadays. MRI were not as widespread as they are now, for example.

Or maybe family/MP has noticed something in the wrists, but were written off by healthcare practitioners.

Do you think that it can work when trying to make a match?
I think misdiagnosis is one example. I have thoracic outlet syndrome (ugh not fun!) that went diagnosed as carpal tunnel for way too long! Not only that, but I doubt my family could even tell a policeman what I had much less what area(s) of by body it affects!

I think misdiagnosis is one example. I have thoracic outlet syndrome (ugh not fun!) that went diagnosed as carpal tunnel for way too long! Not only that, but I doubt my family could even tell a policeman what I had much less what area(s) of by body it affects!

My mom, sister and BIL know my exact diagnosis and its consequences.
She has even witnessed the rare meds side effects even doctors were baffled!

Mom knows because she was with me at neurologist appointment and has seen it unfold in front of her eyes.

My father, well...

I was also thinking about medication side effects.
Anecdotal evidence. In liquid Prozac patient information (the one I have at home), it's written black and white that long term use increases the risk of bone fracture.
Prozac is a SSRI antidepressant. But it has side effects on bones, unknown in 1995 AFAIK.

Your opinion?

I was also thinking about medication side effects.
Anecdotal evidence. In liquid Prozac patient information (the one I have at home), it's written black and white that long term use increases the risk of bone fracture.
Prozac is a SSRI antidepressant. But it has side effects on bones, unknown in 1995 AFAIK.

Your opinion?
I don’t know. I think it’s relevant but just not sure to what extent. I think the technical term for her condition makes it sound much worse than what I imagine. But it all depends. It’s like arthritis...it can be mild in some cases and crippling in others, so unless this person’s was absolutely close to crippling, I’m not sure how helpful the detail will be in finding a match for her. Ya know?

JMO...and again it depends on so many variables.

Yeah, exactly.

Not to mention that if the person went missing some years before this woman died, the condition might have developed and been diagnosed after the missing persons report.

So I think it's a detail that we should keep in mind, and it might make a useful potential clue, but I don't think we should treat it as ruling out an otherwise promising match.

I agree with everything minus "she was not aware nor the family".
Because even without a medical diagnosis, the MP and family certainely noticed the reduced mobility, that something was not right.

It doesn't mean they had a diagnosis, nor a treatment. But not noticing a reduced mobility in her joints, euh, m'enfin!
I totally disagree with this!! It depends on how long she has suffered with it, she may not have been diagnosed. The ME says nothing about reduced mobility, just weak wrists. I suffer from a few different conditions that impact my daily mobility but most people can't see it, it's what you call invisible disability. She could have had it years but people close still may not know, she may not have wanted them to know. Over the years I have become (and many others I know) very good at hiding our illnesses for fear of people judging us.
So I believe that any MP that matches this UID, with or without known mobility issues SHOULD be looked at and compared.

Not sure what to make of this MP’s circumstances, but I thought of our Jane Doe when I saw Barbara’s photo...

Barbara Jean Pauley Hunt
23446434-174C-43E4-B50D-9398072C99D1.jpeg
- Marion, Virginia (Nancy, Kentucky)
- January 17, 1985 (July 1995; PMI: years)
- 20 years old (25-45)
- 4’11” - 5’1” (5’1” - 5’3”)
- 80-100 lbs. (unknown)
- brown hair (short brown hair)
- Per The Charley Project:
Hunt's sister saw her walking down Main Street in Marion, Virginia on January 17, 1985 and they spoke to each other. Hunt was crying and upset because she had to report to jail that day and the police wanted her to inform on her friends, and she did not want to.

Later that day, Hunt went to the Club Cafe, a bar on Main Street in Marion. She appeared to be under the influence of drugs at the time. She left with four women in a borrowed car. The women later returned without her. That evening, Hunt's parents tried to find her but could not. She has never been heard from again. She left behind a young child.

Hunt's boyfriend, Roger Dale Dunford, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in her case in 1995. He had an arrest record for marijuana trafficking charges. Authorities believe he may have murdered Hunt by shooting her to death.

The jury was unable to reach a verdict in the murder case, however, and Hunt's disappearance remains unsolved. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance due to the circumstances involved.

Attachments

• B5173FB4-5C51-44F2-A740-1E9E0FE8A092.jpeg
    B5173FB4-5C51-44F2-A740-1E9E0FE8A092.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
SHE IS NO LONGER PUBLICLY LISTED IN NAMUS!! I was just checking and our UIDs had dropped from 66 to 65! She is the one no longer showing up! :eek:
Wonder if she's actually been identified or if they're just updating her page? Can't see any MSM talking about it, but if she has indeed been identified, the fact that nothing is out yet surprises me little.

Wonder if she's actually been identified or if they're just updating her page? Can't see any MSM talking about it, but if she has indeed been identified, the fact that nothing is out yet surprises me little.
I'm sure they're updating, although I hope she has been identified!! I locked myself out of NamUs, so I had to reset my password...I'm checking to see if I can find a MP who has also been removed...

I hope that means she's been identified, but it might just mean that with all the pushing Mad has done on these cases, they're being updated at last. Some of them haven't been touched for years.

I hope that means she's been identified, but it might just mean that with all the pushing Mad has done on these cases, they're being updated at last. Some of them haven't been touched for years.
...pushing WE have done! :) I can’t find any MP who’s also no longer listed, and I’ve tried keeping at least a count of the KY missing on NamUs and I think it went down one as well; 270 to 269. I just don’t know if it’s a male or female, so doesn’t help much. You’re right in saying some of these haven’t been touched in years!! I’d be happy even if they were simply elaborating on the synovial joint condition. :D Any update means someone is paying attention. Even if it’s not to one of us, it is towards a common goal! :)

Human remains found in 1995 identified

Human remains found in western Pulaski County in 1995 have now been identified.

The FBI assisted in the identification process.

On February 21, the sheriff's office was notified DNA matched Christie York Witcher of Allen County, Kentucky

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office says in July of 1995, two people were hunting off of Piney Grove Road in Nancy, Kentucky when they found the skeletal remains of a woman in a wooded area.

With no identification information found near the area the case was placed into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.

Witcher was reported missing to the Allen County Sheriff's Office in July of 1993.

The investigation into Witcher's disappearance and death are still ongoing.

Human remains found in 1995 identified

87494382_2911573948905243_3912027565212041216_n.jpg

(click to enlarge)

I don't have official link to this press release but will double check police fb page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back