AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

You very well could be right. I'm just having a hard time understanding how failing to turn oneself in makes you a flight risk. If a warrant for arrest is issued after someone leaves the area where the crime was allegedly committed, how is that fleeing? If failure to turn yourself in makes you ineligible for bond, the jails would be overflowing. jmo Though high, even Lori Vallow had a bond set.

Last edited:
You very well could be right. I'm just having a hard time understanding how failing to turn oneself in makes you a flight risk. If a warrant for arrest is issued after someone leaves the area where the crime was allegedly committed, how is that fleeing? If failure to turn yourself in makes you ineligible for bond, the jails would be overflowing. jmo Though high, even Lori Vallow had a bond set.

It differs from state to state. You should read up on “fugitive of justice” stuff, it explains a little more (thanks google! Lol) I didn’t even know what that meant the first time I heard it, my ex was a fugitive of justice in Arizona, he got arrested there and let out then went back to Minnesota and didn’t go back to the court date in Arizona so he got a warrant for that, then when he went to court for Dwi in Minnesota he was transported back to Arizona to court and more jail time. So like I said it varies state to state and the states have to corroborate stuff which makes it more of a pain. He was deemed a flight risk too. So it’s weird how all that works, I’ll probably never fully understand.
jmo imo etc

It differs from state to state. You should read up on “fugitive of justice” stuff, it explains a little more (thanks google! Lol) I didn’t even know what that meant the first time I heard it, my ex was a fugitive of justice in Arizona, he got arrested there and let out then went back to Minnesota and didn’t go back to the court date in Arizona so he got a warrant for that, then when he went to court for Dwi in Minnesota he was transported back to Arizona to court and more jail time. So like I said it varies state to state and the states have to corroborate stuff which makes it more of a pain. He was deemed a flight risk too. So it’s weird how all that works, I’ll probably never fully understand.
jmo imo etc
Yes, but your ex was charged with a crime prior to him leaving, which is fleeing. FH was never charged with anything, so he was free to leave the state, but unfortunately for him he was supposed to register as a sex offender wherever he landed. Although its pretty obvious that he was fleeing, because he had not yet been charged with anything, there would be no additional charges to add.

Yes, but your ex was charged with a crime prior to him leaving, which is fleeing. FH was never charged with anything, so he was free to leave the state, but unfortunately for him he was supposed to register as a sex offender wherever he landed. Although its pretty obvious that he was fleeing, because he had not yet been charged with anything, there would be no additional charges to add.

As a RSO are you allowed to leave state without permission? Was he on probation/parole??

I don't recall it ever being disclosed in any MSM I read.
We never even knew he'd been detained and released until much later after the fact.
My guess would be, he bounced the same day he was released.
Thank you! Yes, I think that's certainly likely, but like you, I never saw a date, so I was confused about why people were acting like this was a given.

I was never really clear on when he left the state. Has that been confirmed?

I don't recall it ever being disclosed in any MSM I read.
We never even knew he'd been detained and released until much later after the fact.
My guess would be, he bounced the same day he was released.

I have no doubt FH bounced the same day he was released and anybody trying to make excuses for the defendant leaving the county as if he didn't know he'd be charged very soon hasn't been paying attention to the facts.

And did FH suddenly have a memory lapse and forget all about the Alabama Sex Offender Registration and Community Notification Act that requires him to complete and sign a travel notification document prior to leaving the county where he resides?

PH went missing on in the early morning hours of Dec 21, 2019. Investigators had evidence that she was with FH and where and when she died.

According to news reports, FH was held on a 48-hour extension in Birmingham City Jail beginning Saturday, December 28, 2019, on suspicion of Kidnapping which was not for an unrelated matter.

The general rule is that you are entitled to be in front of a judge within 36 hours for probable cause hearing and we know investigators were working very hard to locate PH as the court granted an extension to hold FH an additional 12 hours (i.e., extended 48-hour hold).

As PH's body still had not been recovered by Dec 30 and authorities did not have sufficient evidence to charge FH, they had to release him.

About three days after FH released from Birmingham City Jail, PH's body was recovered from a shallow grave located in the backyard of a home connected to FH.

FH buried PH's wrapped corpse in his family's backyard on Saturday, Dec 21, 2019, and went to jail for 48 hours days later before released, yet some want to promote that FH just decided to take a trip to Ohio that had nothing to do with evading justice. That's preposterous!

FH was a wanted man and he hid out in Ohio until US Marshalls stormed his refuge on Jan 29, 2020. He was a fugitive on the run and is sitting in jail, not waiting on any bond release because he's been denied.

MOO

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

Last edited:
anybody trying to make excuses for the defendant leaving the county as if he didn't know he'd be charged very soon hasn't been paying attention to the facts.
I wasn't trying to make excuses for him or defending him in any way? I was just trying to ascertain if anyone had confirmed information from LE on when he left the state, and it seems like nobody does.

...anybody trying to make excuses for the defendant leaving the county as if he didn't know he'd be charged very soon hasn't been paying attention to the facts.

RSBM

Admittedly, I stopped following this case a few weeks ago for a variety of reasons.
I'm sure there are posts I have not read, but I didn't notice anyone making excuses for FH.
If there were, it wouldn't surprise me.
Stuff like that is part of the reason I stopped following here.

RSBM

Admittedly, I stopped following this case a few weeks ago for a variety of reasons.
I'm sure there are posts I have not read, but I didn't notice anyone making excuses for FH.

It could be me but I think challenging that FH is not a flight risk and therefore should be entitled to bond because he could have left town before he was wanted under warrant just doesn't follow the facts known here. He jumped not only the county but the state and never looked back! Made no effort to turn himself in -- he'd still be a fugitive if US Marshalls did not storm his refuge and apprehend him. MOO

RSBM

Trying to understand why he was not given bond is not making excuses for him. I hope he burns in hell. Trying to figure out why people who murder & flee the scene are granted bond but not others that commit a much lesser crime in my opinion are denied bond.

It could be me but I think challenging that FH is not a flight risk and therefore should be entitled to bond because he could have left town before he was wanted under warrant just doesn't follow the facts known here. He jumped not only the county but the state and never looked back! Made no effort to turn himself in -- he'd still be a fugitive if US Marshalls did not storm his refuge and apprehend him. MOO
I just shake my head when someone like Lori Vallow who most likely offed her kids and fled Idaho for Hawaii is given bond & someone who is accused of abuse or a corpse is not given bond. BTW I'm glad he was denied bond.

I must have missed something big.
I've never once suggested FH is not a flight risk. In fact, he's like the epitome of a flight risk.
You're going to have to expound on what you're responding to because it kind of doesn't make a lick of sense, in accordance with what I've said.
And I don't think that's on you - I think something somehow has been mixed up here.

I must have missed something big.
I've never once suggested FH is not a flight risk. In fact, he's like the epitome of a flight risk.
You're going to have to expound on what you're responding to because it kind of doesn't make a lick of sense, in accordance with what I've said.
And I don't think that's on you - I think something somehow has been mixed up here.
No, this was not directed at you.

You NEVER implied FH wasn't a flight risk!

More & more states are eliminating bond for all but violent crimes. It will be interesting to see how that works out.
Catch and release problems...

Violent criminal out of jail after judge drastically lowered his bond is arrested for pointing gun at officers
by: Courtney Crown
Posted: Feb 20, 2020 / 09:22 AM EST / Updated: Feb 20, 2020 / 09:22 AM EST

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. - IMPD arrested a man with criminal convictions and two open cases in Marion County after he allegedly pointed a gun at officers, which fortunately did not fire.

IMPD confirms before that incident, a judge lowered Donte Swinton's bond from $30,000 to a mere $500 before he allegedly pointed a gun at officers this month.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back