TX TX - Garrett Butler, 24, PilotPoint, 15 Feb 2020

jmt0189

Reaction score
Man, 24, missing under 'unusual circumstances' Denton authorities say

DENTON COUNTY, Texas — The Denton County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating a man who went missing under "unusual circumstances," officials say.

Garrett Cole Butler, 24, was last seen on Feb. 15 in the Pilot Point-area, according to detectives.

He was last seen driving a red 2010 Hyundai Genesis with Texas license plate MLW-8316.

Authorities did not release additional details regarding the "unusual circumstances" surrounding Butler's disappearance.

Anyone with information on Butler’s whereabouts is asked to contact Chuck Craft at 940-349-1685or via email at charles.craft@dentoncounty.com

For any tips during non-business hours, residents can call the non-emergency number at 940-349-1660.

Attachments

• 8BE0DA1B-C0DE-42B7-A143-4FECEF8FCF8A.jpeg
    8BE0DA1B-C0DE-42B7-A143-4FECEF8FCF8A.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I couldn't find any updates. I hope he's safe.

I have not found any updates either unfortunately. I was curious what all “unusual circumstances” could entail .

“The Denton County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating a man who went missing under "unusual circumstances," officials say.”

I thought I saw he was last seen leaving work. But now I can’t find that. In fact, I don’t see any additional info other then the fact he is missing. Has anyone else seen that. I am wondering now if it was a post I read that when I thought it was the news article. If anyone has seen that would you mind posting the source. Until then I will assume it was a post and not discussable .

I thought I saw he was last seen leaving work. But now I can’t find that. In fact, I don’t see any additional info other then the fact he is missing. Has anyone else seen that. I am wondering now if it was a post I read that when I thought it was the news article. If anyone has seen that would you mind posting the source. Until then I will assume it was a post and not discussable .
Perhaps you read this post from the Missing Persons Cases Network on FB:

Missing Persons Cases Network

This post mentions when the family last saw Garrett.

I hate when law enforcement gives the public almost zero details about missing persons. I understand that there are certain details they must keep close to the vest for the sake of the investigation, potential trial, and other privacy matters. But this news release to the public is almost worthless.

They’ve told that he’s missing, what date he went missing on, what kind of car he drives, and that his disappearance was “mysterious”. Great. Could they at least tell us in what part of town he was last seen? Pilot Point is a small town, but it’s bigger than just a one light/dirt road blip on the map. For instance, was he on his way to work? On his way home? Does he live with family/friends or alone? Was he with anyone at any time the day he vanished? Had he been seen anywhere else that day? Had he made any contact with friends or family that day which would either indicate his plans for the day or his mood? Is there anywhere in town he might have been which the public should be trying to remember if they saw him that day?

None of those types of details have been released, so how is the public supposed to help? Is it basically just “keep an eye out for a red Hyundai Genesis” at this time? And if the police already basically know what happened and why and thus can’t reveal the “mysterious circumstances” surrounding his disappearance, why even release the news that he’s missing to the public at all?

Even if there is a lot in this case which absolutely must be kept secret, I still feel like they could have shared even just a little more to help people find this poor guy.

Unable to find any new updates..
So little info to go on...MOO

Just a heads up. There is another young man named Garrett Butler in the Northeast who went missing very recently. He's African-American but has the same name so if you are searching for Garrett's missing updates his might pull up.

Just a heads up. There is another young man named Garrett Butler in the Northeast who went missing very recently. He's African-American but has the same name so if you are searching for Garrett's missing updates his might pull up.

Thank you for the heads up. That most certainly would have confused me. I still have heard nothing ...

87420665_3047328611966816_4790961359271493632_n.png
While there is never a good time to go missing, right before a pandemic hits and a subsequent quarantine has got to be one of the worst. There are fewer people out and about who might spot a missing person/vehicle, and media coverage of missing individuals tends to be overshadowed by the major international once-in-a-lifetime virus story. I haven’t heard another word about this guy or his case. The only info which comes up when you Google his name is from the few articles in February discussing his disappearance. There have been no updates at all.

I have never understood and will never understand how someone can seemingly disappear off the face of the earth and then shortly after all mentions of that person stop. Either the police/family know what happened to him, in which case one or the other should at the very minimum release a statement saying that he is no longer considered a missing person, or he’s still missing, in which case I can’t believe that his family and friends aren’t shouting from the rooftops on a daily basis to anyone who will listen that he still needs finding. If my loved one or friend went missing, I wouldn’t stop publicizing the disappearance or rest for a single day until he/she was found. I would be hounding the media and police daily. I would be hiring every private investigator and search group known to man to look for him/her. I would be organizing weekly search parties and passing out posters every month all over the entire area. I would saturate social media with missing profiles and photos of him/her. I would make it my life’s sole mission to make his/her disappearance the most known and talked-about case around. And while I’m sure there is some degree of that which goes on behind the scenes in these missing persons cases which we the public never hear about, I’m still shocked when someone goes missing and then there is just radio silence.

Couldn't find any updates on him, also searched his license plate to see if the car still is around but has no updates since 2019, assuming the vehicle is still missing too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back