Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this.

Looks like they’re still operating under the belief that BG is connected to Delphi.

Also, does anyone get the sense the families are beginning to get just a bit frustrated with LE’s handling of the case? I’m basing this on BP’s comment about the sketch and Libby’s mom’s appearance on Fox News this most recent anniversary. Maybe they’ve always been frustrated, but I don’t recall them being vocal about their frustrations in previous interviews.

I don’t blame them to be honest three years of waiting with no arrest in sight and having a loved one battling cancer (Liberty’s Grandma) I would be pushed to breaking point. The girl’s families have been incredible in handling this tragic, horrific and extremely stressful situation. I would have gone nuts about the sketch situation. The girl’s families handed out thousands of flyers all over with sketch one on them.

I don’t blame them to be honest three years of waiting with no arrest in sight and having a loved one battling cancer (Liberty’s Grandma) I would be pushed to breaking point. The girl’s families have been incredible in handling this tragic, horrific and extremely stressful situation. I would have gone nuts about the sketch situation. The girl’s families handed out thousands of flyers all over with sketch one on them.

Not just fliers either with old BG sketch either, there were billboards all over the country with old BG sketch. I bet they are pretty frustrated, completely understandable in their situation. It’s always hard losing the ones you love then waiting for justice to be served.

Geez, I can’t even imagine. They’re handling it way better than I would. I feel for them.

I try to put myself in the shoes of the searchers that night. It took a while to get the search going, by then it would have been pitch black dark along that main trail, around the bridge, on the private parties, etc. They would have had to use caution, and in some cases extreme caution, in traversing the terrain in those conditions, despite the foliage and much of the scrub not being present due to the time of year.

There was zero indication where the girls could be at that point. So the search centered around the bridge and a little downstream towards Delphi, not upstream towards where they were found the next day. Folks were even searching in town and out in the country at houses they might have gone to. There was little organization to the search I think largely because searchers really didn't know where to go beyond where Libby had posted the images to SC shortly after 2PM.

Those images were distributed among searchers
via their phones, which is where the "7h" designation on the images came from. A young searcher had grabbed the images from SC to put on his phone roughly 7 hours after the images had been uploaded. That searcher was interviewed at the VFD in town where the search HQ was located, and the interview aired on a Indy TV station at either 10PM or 11PM, or both, I don't remember which and unfortunately the video was pulled a long time ago.

All the searchers knew about the girls' whereabouts was they'd made it to the bridge.
There have been several reports that searchers did indeed search where the girls were found.

Yes, and of course it is DC's choice, but each time I see him with them, I want to ask, "dude, has the murder case been solved? No? Then too early for preening on the scene".

<modsnip>
I don't see ISP Carter as the preening type. I think he's a kind soul trying to get results from an investigation that may have a bad flaw or two from early days. I think he's genuinely trying to remain an advocate for Libby and Abby. JMO

I don't see ISP Carter as the preening type. I think he's a kind soul trying to get results from an investigation that may have a bad flaw or two from early days. I think he's genuinely trying to remain an advocate for Libby and Abby. JMO

I know he is sincere. I know he is honest. But this sadistic murderer walks free. (Like all of them, because I am sure that IN and IA double murder cases are not related).

Back to the KISS Technique. IF this was not a targeted attack then BG saw the girls somewhere along the trail. Therefore: 1) He either lives nearby or was staying nearby and walked briskly to catch up with Libby and Abby after seeing them from a distance or: 2) He works locally and may have a good knowledge of the area and had planned to attack someone out there and waited for the right opportunity or: 3) he got there by a vehicle randomly which to me seems highly unlikely. If we stick to options 1 or 2 I think LE must have narrowed the persons of interest right down. I think they have a very strong POI already or less than a handful of people they suspect and it is now a waiting game. With the FBI involved and the amount of publicity this case has received on the 3 year anniversary my prediction is that this case will be solved in the first half of 2020. The sooner the better.

So people who had never been on RL's property, were there in the pitch black dark, and somehow know the exact spot where the girls were found claim they were there the night before?

Yes, agree... they would have had flashlights for sure... Due to the amount of time and searching areas, I would be very surprised if they actually searched that one patch where the girls were found

I mean, they may not have thought they were in danger in terms of a violent attack by another person, but doesn’t it seem kind of strange for them to leave when they thought the girls may have been injured? Let’s say one or both of them fell and had internal injuries—their lives would still have been in danger.

Not strange. A search sponsored by law enforcement cannot continue if there is danger to the searchers. Even national forest rangers with helicopters and floodlights will not search through the middle of the night because the risk for the searchers is too great to justify.

The focus from LE will always be on minimizing further harm before anything else. It's the same principle that causes, for instance, the first responders to an active shooting not to stop to help victims until the shooter has been apprehended.

I have also wondered, why is she never included in any of the appearances?I get that Libby and Kelsi were raised by her grandparents but she is still their biological mom and they were regularly in touch as is clear from the pics and text messages. I just do not understand why is she being sidelined.
We dont see the biological father either & he lives with them. (Scratching my head)

Despite little news from LE, or any progress in the case publicly expressed, I’m surprised how few sleuthers are here.

Have we got it figured out, and waiting for the arrest?? I’ve had it figured out several times over, and I suppose some of you can relate!

I’ve been going back to basics to sort through the known elements, watching earliest media/PC videos. Rather remarkable how few views some of these videos have compared to the “sleuthing channels” on YouTube.

Despite little news from LE, or any progress in the case publicly expressed, I’m surprised how few sleuthers are here.

Have we got it figured out, and waiting for the arrest?? I’ve had it figured out several times over, and I suppose some of you can relate!

I’ve been going back to basics to sort through the known elements, watching earliest media/PC videos. Rather remarkable how few views some of these videos have compared to the “sleuthing channels” on YouTube.
The only worth while effort that could be made would be to take the new sketch and manually comb through the social media of everyone in the area for matching faces then profile them but that's against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member