Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #5

I don't follow very many cases on WS. A missing hiker story brought me here in 2018.

I enjoy open discussions about cases, brain storming with members, but I tend to keep the victim at arms length with my emotions. It's hard for me to be overcome like some members are. I know that might sound bad.

However, this case really got me. Last Friday, I put a purple handkerchief on my tough German Shepherd when we went out for training in honor of one of Faye's favorite colors.
t4502.gif

I really hope your first sentence is true.
I have all sort of mixed feelings when I see people posting we think of you, we are rooting for you etc. Especially kids who were repeatedly hurt and abused before death. I think it makes us feel better.

How sad for you.
I'm touched by everyone here who agonizes over these children and expresses their love of them and their families who very well may find themselves on these threads.

I really hope your first sentence is true.
I have all sort of mixed feelings when I see people posting we think of you, we are rooting for you etc. Especially kids who were repeatedly hurt and abused before death. I think it makes us feel better.

I know what you mean. Especially on news sites and social media it seems like it's more about appearances and feeling you have to say that or wanting to appear a certain way to the public. However, on here I feel it's much more genuine. I know it is for me. I think a lot of that is because we want to understand and learn from what happened in order to prevent it in the future. That's the same reason we continue to discuss CT even though he is gone too. And even to continue to speculate and theorize regarding other accomplices. Because we have so little information right now (due to it still being an open case) we are still trying to find motive and make sense of it so that we learn and Faye's death won't be in vain.

I am so, so sorry for what you and your son went through!! What a never ending nightmare for you!! <3 <3
I thank you for kind words. Although gratefully he didn't murder my son, I certainly attribute my son's death to the damage he caused to him. Suicidologist will tell you suicide is a multifactorial issue. However both his girlfriend and bestfriend told me he talked about his sexual abuse in the weeks leading up to his death. I didn't find out until after his death. I knew he had struggled with depression and substance abuse. Relationships were hard to establish due to his fear of trusting others. And as sometimes happens those that are close to one who dies by suicide are at greater risk. His 17 yr brother attempted suicide within a month. I only share this info in the hope that people understand the magnitude of the damage done by these animals. When I stated it will take a high profile case to toughen the laws I mean someone in Congress being directly impacted. They don't deserve to be free to destroy our children.

I totally agree concerning our laws. They need to change. We need federal law that doesn't limit the number of years for reporting sexual assaults. We need complete castration in my book for pedophiles! A child's life is impacted in almost every aspect. The damage is devastating. They may look ok on the surface but internally they aren't.

You're right on the money concerning them stalking single mothers. I was one and married a very charming man who turned out to be a pedophile! He destroyed my son's life. Depression, PTSD and substance abuse are common among child sex abuse survivors. They are also at risk for suicide which is how my son ended his depression and endless nightmares of what had occurred. They get released only to cause more suffering for more children and their families. I guess it is going to take a really high profile case to get tougher laws. IMHO
Oh, Silentob52, I'm so very sorry for all the pain you and your son have suffered and will hold you close to my heart. My daughter and her cousins were molested by their step grandfather who had been married 8 times so you can imagine the trail of hurt he left behind. I wish he had lived long enough to be prosecuted and jailed.

Last edited:
I’m hoping they're digging this piece of poops computer for child *advertiser censored*. It’s possible he’s part of a bigger disgusting online society. If so, I’m praying they all get busted. Thus saving any other precious little child from their evil.

=--=-=-=-=------------------------------------------

It is a nice thought until we get deep into the issues that surround it.

"A 2005 study printed in the Journal of the American Academy of Psychology and the Law, found that between zero and 10 percent of sexual offenders who are surgically castrated repeat their crime.
That rate of recidivism in surgically castrated offenders is about the same as it for all sex offenders.
According to the Department of Justice, 5.3 percent of all sex offenders were rearrested for another sex crime within three years of their release.

My concerns with chemical castration (if it was made legal and forced upon inmates) is how often the justice system and juries fail innocent people (Innocence Project.com). Another concern is some institutions will allow rapists off early if they choose to go the route of chemical castration.
"At least one state, Florida, allows sentenced prisoners to choose surgical castration in lieu of prison time. In September, confessed rapist James Allen, 35, chose to be castrated to obtain a reduced sentence."

I would predict that it would be used first and foremost on poor people, and especially black and brown people due to how the system already mishandles and mistreats them. I could easily see a abuse of the chemical castration in that sense. If a guy like Jeffrey Epstein was still alive, he would be a great candidate but with his fame and power, they would never allow that to happen to him.

"Treatment of sex offenders by castration, usually through the use of prescription drugs, is common throughout the United States, though less than a dozen states legally require repeat offenders to be treated chemically. If offenders stop seeing their psychiatrist or taking their medications then the castration becomes almost ineffective. "

"People tend to understand ‘chemical castration’, but it’s not a term we like to use because clearly it’s not something that would be attractive someone thinking about taking medication to help them manage their sexual drives. The other problem with the term is that there are different medications we use for sex offenders and not all of them have the effect of reducing testosterone in a way that mimics castration."

In many cases, pedophile or rape is also more about sadism and power than the act of sex itself. For example, if we were able to castrate Ted Bundy, the sex drive may be eliminated, but he had psychopathy which cannot be treated, so the power trip and sadism would have remained.

Just my opinion which matters little on the blogosphere, I feel that one group in particular who needs the castration the most would never be forced by a judge to have the procedure is priests, especially those that are in direct contact with the Vatican.

"GENEVA -- The Vatican revealed Tuesday that over the past decade, it has defrocked 848 priests who raped or molested children and sanctioned another 2,572 with lesser penalties, providing the first ever breakdown of how it handled the more than 3,400 cases of abuse reported to the Holy See since 2004.

The Vatican's U.N. ambassador in Geneva, Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, released the figures during a second day of grilling by a U.N. committee monitoring implementation of the U.N. treaty against torture."

Sources below (When I am able I usually prefer to post stats from more credible sources than mainstream news or "pop" psychology sites, but these stats hold up.

Vatican reveals how many priests defrocked for sex abuse since 2004
Does Castration Stop Rapists?
Should We Be Castrating Sex Offenders?

In thoughts of prevention I am thinking we need:
1. More research on pediphile behavior, including antecedents and deterrents
2. A reporting system which collects all dàta on sexual assaults of children nationwide (if it doesn't exist already)
3. A committee or entity to review, compile a report of both 1 and 2 with recommendations to legislators (advocates may help by meeting with members of Congress individually)
4. If legislators actually pass legislation then advocates may be needed to push for allocation of funds to implement either new policies/programs
IMHO
I have been in Congress before advocating for legislation. It wasn't as difficult as it sounds.

My hope is by learning more we might save some lives.

I thank you for kind words. Although gratefully he didn't murder my son, I certainly attribute my son's death to the damage he caused to him. Suicidologist will tell you suicide is a multifactorial issue. However both his girlfriend and bestfriend told me he talked about his sexual abuse in the weeks leading up to his death. I didn't find out until after his death. I knew he had struggled with depression and substance abuse. Relationships were hard to establish due to his fear of trusting others. And as sometimes happens those that are close to one who dies by suicide are at greater risk. His 17 yr brother attempted suicide within a month. I only share this info in the hope that people understand the magnitude of the damage done by these animals. When I stated it will take a high profile case to toughen the laws I mean someone in Congress being directly impacted. They don't deserve to be free to destroy our children.
Oh my gosh... what a brutal story and reality. Yes, sexual abuse will change a person fundamentally and it is tragic. The damage is untold. I am so sorry again for the loss of your son. Thank you for sharing - that is helping others.

Last edited:
FEB 23 updated FEB 24, 2020
SC program provides support to law enforcement who worked Faye Swetlik’s case
[...]

Their goal was to solve the case and keep the community safe, but just because the case closed, some law enforcement still brought the burdens of the job home with them.

[...]

S.C. LEAP or South Carolina Law Enforcement Assistance Program, is a part of SLED. It’s an employee-assistance program that provides South Carolina law enforcement with training, resources, and around-the-clock access to staff and volunteers to help with any mental, physical, or spiritual needs.

“When a human being experiences the impact of a critical incident, when they experience a situation of extreme vulnerability, or they see someone get injured or killed, or their friend or coworker right beside them is injured or killed, that kind of event in the life of any normal human being would have an impact that can be long-lasting,” Skidmore said.

[...]

“We try to walk with them through this journey...I don’t think anyone can ever say I tell them, ‘I know exactly what you are going through’ because I don’t,” Tafaoa said.

[...]

“Every single one of us officers are made differently, we have different experiences, and we process it differently,” Tafaoa said.

FEB 25, 2020
Lexington County woman uses her art at Tenfold Collective to help honor Faye Swetlik at Springdale Elementary
[...]

...a woman in Lexington County is using her art to help raise money for the school community. MB owns Tenfold Collective, a small online jewelry business that she runs out of her home.

[...]

MB says it just so happened that she had purchased pink and purple leather months ago that she was saving for spring. "I find that’s how God works things out a lot of times. I pulled it out, and I thought OK, this is pink and purple, and it’s got these brush strokes on it, and now that it’s for Faye, it looked like little angel wings on it to me," MB explained.

MB posted the earrings for sale on social media last Wednesday and was overwhelmed by the response. She knew she wanted the proceeds to benefit Springdale Elementary students. After talking with Faye’s teacher, MB says she decided the money would go to purchase books for the Little Free Library at Springdale and to help the Cindy Roof Wilkerson Foundation, which is renovating the Springdale playground in honor of the school’s former P.E. teacher and MB’s best friend, who died suddenly 8 years ago.

[...]

MB has already sold more than 100 pairs of earrings and has a donation of more than $1,000 ready for the school, but she’s hoping to be able to double that donation.

She still has a small waitlist for the “Faye Earrings,” but she’s ordered more leather and is prepared to fill orders as quickly as possible. You can purchase the earrings here.

FEB 25, 2020
Lexington County woman uses her art at Tenfold Collective to help honor Faye Swetlik at Springdale Elementary
[...]

...a woman in Lexington County is using her art to help raise money for the school community. MB owns Tenfold Collective, a small online jewelry business that she runs out of her home.

[...]

MB says it just so happened that she had purchased pink and purple leather months ago that she was saving for spring. "I find that’s how God works things out a lot of times. I pulled it out, and I thought OK, this is pink and purple, and it’s got these brush strokes on it, and now that it’s for Faye, it looked like little angel wings on it to me," MB explained.

MB posted the earrings for sale on social media last Wednesday and was overwhelmed by the response. She knew she wanted the proceeds to benefit Springdale Elementary students. After talking with Faye’s teacher, MB says she decided the money would go to purchase books for the Little Free Library at Springdale and to help the Cindy Roof Wilkerson Foundation, which is renovating the Springdale playground in honor of the school’s former P.E. teacher and MB’s best friend, who died suddenly 8 years ago.

[...]

MB has already sold more than 100 pairs of earrings and has a donation of more than $1,000 ready for the school, but she’s hoping to be able to double that donation.

She still has a small waitlist for the “Faye Earrings,” but she’s ordered more leather and is prepared to fill orders as quickly as possible. You can purchase the earrings here.
Neat idea. Her explanation/purpose is classy & respectful, imo.

From the listing:

“Last week I shared with you about a little girl in my town who was missing. By weeks end, they found Faye…but not how we were praying. Faye was a student at the same elementary school that I attended and later taught in. One of my good friends and best Tenfold customers teaches there now. Last Friday I get this text from her...

“I had on a pair of Tenfold earrings (of course) today as always and got a compliment. It was Faye’s teacher...she also said do you think Tenfold would want to make an earring in pink and purple to honor her? I said I would ask...”

Of course the answer was an absolute yes from me....”

FEB 23 updated FEB 24, 2020
SC program provides support to law enforcement who worked Faye Swetlik’s case
[...]

Their goal was to solve the case and keep the community safe, but just because the case closed, some law enforcement still brought the burdens of the job home with them.

Wait. Does this mean they've officially closed the case now? Last I heard it was still open and they were investigating CT and his movements (probably to determine a motive/if there were other possible victims). I would have thought if they closed the case they would have made an announcement and possibly released the videos of CT's "suspicious behavior" that they referenced in the autopsy PC.

Why do people keep suggesting this graphic horror with absolutely zero evidence? As though his favorite sidekick was a soup ladle that he carried around for days.

It’s much more likely he suddenly decided he needed to dig and he found the only metal spade-like item in the house. You might as well say “I shudder to think of what he might’ve done with a toilet plunger” or something Else based on zero evidence

Because deviant individuals will do anything and it wouldn’t be the first time someone used an implement in a horrific way. No one knows the implication and nearly everything in this thread is speculation or repeated news.

Wait. Does this mean they've officially closed the case now? Last I heard it was still open and they were investigating CT and his movements (probably to determine a motive/if there were other possible victims). I would have thought if they closed the case they would have made an announcement and possibly released the videos of CT's "suspicious behavior" that they referenced in the autopsy PC.
Not IMO. When LE says they've closed the case, that's when I'll believe it. MOO

I totally agree concerning our laws. They need to change. We need federal law that doesn't limit the number of years for reporting sexual assaults. We need complete castration in my book for pedophiles! A child's life is impacted in almost every aspect. The damage is devastating. They may look ok on the surface but internally they aren't.

You're right on the money concerning them stalking single mothers. I was one and married a very charming man who turned out to be a pedophile! He destroyed my son's life. Depression, PTSD and substance abuse are common among child sex abuse survivors. They are also at risk for suicide which is how my son ended his depression and endless nightmares of what had occurred. They get released only to cause more suffering for more children and their families. I guess it is going to take a really high profile case to get tougher laws. IMHO

So so so sorry you and your son went through this. :(
Truly. My heart aches for you.

keep speaking out about the long term effects of sexual abuse perpetrated upon a child. I’m sure it’s hard, but society really needs to understand the impact. We are failing these children by letting pedos out of jail over and over and over again. Usually their crimes get worse and worse, and often times they end up killing.

If there’s solid evidence of their pedo crimes, these vile creeps need to be locked away forever, and yes chemical castration too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back